BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: Question Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    This is an MMO. I think that if you dont have the time to put into attaining a certain piece, then you shouldnt be able to get it. With Salvage, I feel this logic is fair and sound as opposed to Kings system where sitting for those 3 hours doing nothing and being botted out of your chance thus invalidating time invested.
    Read the post directly above yours.
    Ugh, I had the window sitting up for awhile before hitting send... (I dont always read the page telling me something has been posted. ;; )

Question 2
    This question is regarding the 2handed buff. Indeed it makes quite a bit of sense that 2handed weapons should be able to hit harder than single handed weapons, but what about accuracy? Don't you think that single handed jobs should have received the accuracy bonus while 2handers keeping their attack bonus?
    The problem with this question is the way it's stated....2-handers didn't keep their attack boost, 2-handed weapons do about the same damage now, as they did before SE ever adjusted them. It's as if the boost never existed, the last "nerf" that happened around when WoTG came out dropped us back to where we were, originally. The only small advantage 2-handers got, was the DEX and STR ratio being 1:0.75 or whatever it turned out to be, which is negligible compared to the advantages of using Dual Wield, etc.

So in short, if you think 1-handers need some sort of buff, just say that....but don't bring it up in relation to the "2-handed buff", since 2-handers got little to nothing.

Honestly I wouldn't even care if 1-handers got the 1:1 ratio of DEX to ACC, if the damage calcs for 2-handers went back to the way they were, before the WoTG nerf.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Quote Originally Posted by psnsonixx
    Question 1
    Paladins received some job changes a while back, one including a 100% spell interruption rate down while blocking. While this is very nice being a paladin, it is also very overpowered for paladin with a ninja sub. Would SE consider altering this enhancement by allowing that interruption rate to only work for spells a paladin has natively? example - should work for: flash, cure iv, etc. Should NOT work for: utsusemi.
    I disagree 100% on this one as it is a step backwards. I'm not trying to flame, but it sounds like you're a Pld stuck in the /War era.

Also, is this were to happen, then every other job should/would have to be adjusted to gimp abilities and such when using a subjob ability/spell.

Should a Blm using Elemental Seal followed by casting a Red Mage spell be penalized because it's not a native spell?

My suggestion would be to ask SE to make Pld/War better, not make Pld/Nin worse.
    I have to agree with Tomiko. This would be a complete step backwards and can not see why this would be needed.

I can't even remember the last time someone actually asked for a nerf.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eron
    Good gear should be hard to get. I have no problem with what Khroma is right now. Situations like Khroma -> Salvage bodies is the sort of thing that helps the economy drive.
    This is my belief as well.

As you can see in my sig, I'm close to finishing mine. Some things about that I'd like to point out:

-I rarely have over 1m on me. Usually less than 500k. This was even before I started working on it.
    -A whopping 1 Khroma Ore came from ISNM. I don't do them that often.
    -I've mined a grand total of 1 Khroma Ore, and that was before I did salvage, so I sold it for money.
    -I still do just as many ls events and exp the same as I did before I started.

So how did I get all my materials?

-Beastmen Seal/Kindred Seal fights (including 1 KS99 where I made 1m on my orb)
    -Crafting things for small profit.
    -Selling off excess gear I don't need/use. (ex. Level cap stuff)
    -Buying things on the AH and NPCing them for slight profit.

It doesn't sound like much, but it all adds up. Complaining doesn't get you any closer to getting the materials, going out and doing research on ways to make money does.

Sure it's taking me about 4 months, but it's alot more progress than whining to SE will accomplish since there's ALOT of bodies finished now which shows SE that materials aren't that rare.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage
    Please please PLEASE ask the Summoner question! We summoners were given a ray of hope, and then shoved away in a corner. What happened to the "Have your avatar out for longer than a few seconds"?!
    Summoner
    An ability lets you recover MP from a summoned elemental. Weather and Day will have an effect. "As for new Avatars, I:m sorry but I cannot say anything as of yet."
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28529
    That isn't a good answer and you know it. If you remember way back at FFXI Fan Fest 06, they said they wanted Summoners to have their avatars out for longer than a few seconds every minute. That was then completly forgotten, and SMN has been all but ignored. True, we did get the attack/buff split, but we're still the same old "one second, one minute" SMN we always have been.

We REALLY would like to know where that plan went, where SMN is going now, and if we will ever be anything more than a replacement WHM in EXP parties.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seitzer's Saga
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Siren

*throws himself in the discussion*

I just wanted to say that I think the "crafting is broken" question is very relevant. I hope it will be asked!

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroses
    *throws himself in the discussion*

I just wanted to say that I think the "crafting is broken" question is very relevant. I hope it will be asked!
    Crafting isn't necessarily broken. It's the economy of crafting.

You can't fix stupid.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Khroma Ore question seems unnecessary, the drop rate is fine the way it is now. When I upgraded my ares body I sent 4.4m buying ores, mined a few, and did a some ISNM too. Took about 2 weeks to get 24 ores.

I wouldn't say 4.4m is all that expensive for a good body piece. The actual hard part was getting the 35 drop, not the ingots.

I've created a random chart format picture pertaining to drop rates and time spent in things, such as Salvage, Dynamis, Einherjar, etc. I saw the same issue and wanted to make the question more universal rather than specifying a specific type of event. (Chart is not that great, I know. I wanted to get my idea across in picture format)

I set this post I have here to have notify, so if there is a disagreement over what I did or something anyone would like to discuss with me about, please do.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by gaidensensei
    I've created a random chart format picture pertaining to drop rates and time spent in things, such as Salvage, Dynamis, Einherjar, etc. I saw the same issue and wanted to make the question more universal rather than specifying a specific type of event. (Chart is not that great, I know. I wanted to get my idea across in picture format)

I set this post I have here to have notify, so if there is a disagreement over what I did or something anyone would like to discuss with me about, please do.
    Question 1
    There is an ongoing issue of some events vs time spent for the reward. Player A can take a short period of time to obtain a gear that can take Player B two years. For example, events like NM, Dynamis and Salvage. Are there any plans to furthermore assist unlucky players with information regarding what they can do, or what are they performing incorrectly to avoid said grief? Such as Treasure Hunter, Loot drop rate, etc.
    http://www.xfour.org/crap/interview.jpg
    The main thing I noticed about the chart is that each line isn't labeled.

The chart idea is a good one in my opinion, but just needs to be easier to read to make sure SE understands it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi
    Khroma Ore question seems unnecessary, the drop rate is fine the way it is now. When I upgraded my ares body I sent 4.4m buying ores, mined a few, and did a some ISNM too. Took about 2 weeks to get 24 ores.

I wouldn't say 4.4m is all that expensive for a good body piece. The actual hard part was getting the 35 drop, not the ingots.
    Aargh. Your body piece didn't cost 4.4m. It cost however much 10 gold imperial coins and 12 imperial wootz ingots cost on your server. The amount of gil you spend does not equal "cost" >.> If you start trying to factor in the cost of the items you could have bought with your AP and sold instead, and the meds/food you used, etc., it gets even worse.

I agree that Salvage bodies should stay at least somewhat rare, but I think some of the materials are a little more rare than is necessary at the current moment. It really would be nice to see khroma, and maybe even orichalcum and bloodwood, drop at least occasionally in Einherjar and Salvage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko
    Question 3
    With CoP adding several level capped zones many of which are not used due to the experience point adjustment. Are there any plans to remove/adjust this experience point penalty to make more of these areas viable lower level exp camps?
    The "exp penalty" isn't really there. If you're in a 40 cap area, you'll get exp normally if you are level 1-40, or limit points normally if you're 75 and on limits. If you're 41-74, you'll get either what those mobs would have given you at your real level, or half of what they would give you at level 40, whichever is bigger. It's only a penalty if you try to do something you couldn't do in a normal area, like party with level 40s as a level 60 (although you can still party with them as a level 75 if you just want limit points).

I think the real reasons more people don't use them is that you don't skill up after you hit the cap, and your 2boxed RDM gets capped too.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Question 1
    There is an ongoing issue of some events vs time spent for the reward. Player A can take a short period of time to obtain a gear that can take Player B two years. For example, events like NM, Dynamis and Salvage. Are there any plans to furthermore assist unlucky players with information regarding what they can do, or what are they performing incorrectly to avoid said grief? Such as Treasure Hunter, Loot drop rate, etc.
    What an awesome graph.

yeah i have no idea what the hell that graph is telling me no offense

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As time increases, the rewards are still random as shit.

oh its a trick, whooshed

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    I agree that Salvage bodies should stay at least somewhat rare, but I think some of the materials are a little more rare than is necessary at the current moment. It really would be nice to see khroma, and maybe even orichalcum and bloodwood, drop at least occasionally in Einherjar and Salvage.
    Considering there's currently 20 Khroma Ores listed on Kujata as of my post, I wouldn't say that Khroma is rare....And 18 sold yesterday alone.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=685&sid=24

Wootz Ore is rarer than Khroma mainly due to the fact you can only attempt to "farm" it every 3 days and only in certain Dynamis zones. So why is it that I don't hear people complaining about that?

Simple, it's because of the price. (and I see Wootz Ore is 110k on Kujata with 0 listed.)

Yes, getting the drops from Salvage can be a pain, but you should have to put in a decent amount of work (or have really good luck) to get armor that's as nice as some of these pieces are. The Body pieces are generally the best pieces of each set, so of course the materials are going to cost more.

If you want the price to drop, simply don't buy the ores and let the AH get flooded. People will start undercutting. Prices dropped on Fairy from 330k to 250k due to people realizing this.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Part of me thinks job specific questions should be avoided. Usual response winds up being something along the lines of "we'll look into it..." or "we can't tell you right now!" I can understand the plight of SMNs wanting to be more, but it really is old hat and SE at least hinted at something. Otherwise, queries should focused on more widespread aspects of the game that make playing more enjoyable, less of a hassle, and giving people a reason to keep at it.
    Or sum up all job specific questions in one. Listing up all "flaws" for all jobs and get a response to them.

I think the price of salvage body + head are way too much. I'm trying to see which head piece is really worth 2m...The body armor for 8-9M is a joke due to the fact that most people have to upgrade 2-3 body armors. I think they need to change items needed for head armor to like 100-500k.. The body armor should be 2-3M tops.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I think the prices are fine where they are, but even if they weren't, its not SE's fault at all. Its the seller of the material's fault. SE can't just say ok they're gonna be cheaper so we gotta cap the price of Khroma on the AH. And the drop rate in ISNM is just fine. So I really don't see everyone's issues on this one. I agree with Tomiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn
    Question 1
    What an awesome graph.
    Reward is on the Z axis, not the Y?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast