Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: Question Discussion

For the moment, I don't think it's comparatively fair to compare the expense of Salvage body pieces to something like an Adaberk or Dalmatica. The latter have had years in circulation, which obviously has some effect on demand. They've also been somewhat subject to crafter's stupidity in search of HQs.

Something to keep in mind is that Imperial Wootz Ingots are also used in other synths, like the Mezraq. The rarity and demand of Khroma has the side effect of making a good weapon for a niche job class exceptionally more expensive. Similar side effects could've been observed when the latest gobbie bags were added and adaman shot through the roof. Demon Slayers for BLU were already on the 400-500k side, but that price pretty much doubled in material cost and not many have been synthed since.

The demand of Ori. Ingots is also strained amongst goldsmithers wishing to finish off their craft. Are elemental rings really worth 300-400k these days? I'm leaning toward no.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Mezraq also uses Bloodwood Lumber, so it's a super extra lucky synth now, although Bloodwood is certainly more reasonable to obtain.

The issue with Khroma is that it basically only materializes when people are specifically going for it. Orichalcum Ingots come from KS and god fights that people do anyway. Wootz Ore comes from Dynamis, which people do anyway. Even Bloodwood sort of comes from Assault, since a ??? box can appraise into a Soulflayer Staff now.

If you're mining Mt. Zhayolm, you're doing it for Khroma. If you're doing an ISNM, you're probably going after the Khroma. If demand for Khroma magically dies down, supply isn't going to stay the same, because why would people bother to do most of that crap anymore? Yoichi's Sash?

I feel like the price of Khroma will not easily go down, but could easily go up. If it had a slightly higher drop rate from Einherjar (exactly one time reported on BG? Calculate that percentage), or dropped every once in a while from a Salvage megaboss, things would be looking up.

Also, the artificial price history changing thing is not something I'd do with an account I cared about.

Keep in mind that I have a completed Salvage body (1 body, 1 head, 2 legs, 1 feet). Yes, I'm aware I can do it; I have. Several others in my LS have. That doesn't mean I think it's entirely reasonable. I don't even believe lowering the cost barrier would exactly flood the servers with completed pieces; there would still be people who couldn't afford it, and there would still be plenty of people who sucked too hard to succeed at Salvage.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by binahel
    Question 1
    A lot of players have multiple jobs. Is there any plan to add in the search for party feature, the ability to look for party with another job (I mean not the one I'm using at the moment)?
    This is something I've been hoping they have added for a long time. Being able to search on multiple jobs at the same time. o.o

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    Mezraq also uses Bloodwood Lumber, so it's a super extra lucky synth now, although Bloodwood is certainly more reasonable to obtain.

The issue with Khroma is that it basically only materializes when people are specifically going for it. Orichalcum Ingots come from KS and god fights that people do anyway. Wootz Ore comes from Dynamis, which people do anyway. Even Bloodwood sort of comes from Assault, since a ??? box can appraise into a Soulflayer Staff now.

If you're mining Mt. Zhayolm, you're doing it for Khroma. If you're doing an ISNM, you're probably going after the Khroma. If demand for Khroma magically dies down, supply isn't going to stay the same, because why would people bother to do most of that crap anymore? Yoichi's Sash?

I feel like the price of Khroma will not easily go down, but could easily go up. If it had a slightly higher drop rate from Einherjar (exactly one time reported on BG? Calculate that percentage), or dropped every once in a while from a Salvage megaboss, things would be looking up.

Also, the artificial price history changing thing is not something I'd do with an account I cared about.

Keep in mind that I have a completed Salvage body (1 body, 1 head, 2 legs, 1 feet). Yes, I'm aware I can do it; I have. Several others in my LS have. That doesn't mean I think it's entirely reasonable. I don't even believe lowering the cost barrier would exactly flood the servers with completed pieces; there would still be people who couldn't afford it, and there would still be plenty of people who sucked too hard to succeed at Salvage.
    Thank you, at least someone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by orson
    If its not worth 9m to you, don't spend 9m to upgrade it? Once everyone else gets all their salvage gear and its not in high demand anymore, the prices WILL drop so you wait your many months and buy it for that cheaper price.
    Doubt prices will drop they'd be more likely to go up once RMT stop mining it if the demand goes down. Basically I'd guess people are just going to start doing mining and ISNMs to get themselves the ore. The reason you have such a massive amount selling is right now there's a huge imbalance in the economy. We've got a lot of people who made millions during inflation and still have retarded amounts of gil. SE did nothing to curb that right now all those players with 100 mil bank rolls look at a Salvage body as a drop in the bucket.

The thing is SE is wanting salvage bodies to be rare I'm not really from making everything take forever in this game all basing it on luck but that said salvage vs kings is a fairly fair system. If you notice, most SE endgame systems are retarded in the amount of time consumed doing everything but the actually fights. For salvage though the you don't spend camping fafnogg is enough to make up for the time lost gathering the ore even if you do it physically yourself (just don't expect to have much gil for anything else while you're doing it.)
    I'm one of those people with hundreds of millions still from the inflation days..I'm just cheap as hell when it comes to spending gil...The cheaper things are the richer i feel lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    I'm one of those people who bought hundreds of millions still from the inflation days..I'm just cheap as hell when it comes to spending gil...The cheaper things are the richer i feel lol..
    fixed

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Adding additionaly a way like in Limbus with Ex-Items to enter different wing tiers would let people join Einherjar that missed due to Reallife some Wing runs.
    This is called the "Mark of the Einherjar" However, it doesn't let you enter Odin's Chamber. It WILL allow you to enter all chambers without any prerequisites, however Odin's Chamber ALWAYS requires 9 feathers.

To obtain the Mark, you need to have completed all 9 chambers, first. If it is your first time doing Einherjar, unfortunately you will be out of luck if you missed (unless your LS is nice enough to re-do the run).

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    I'm one of those people who bought hundreds of millions still from the inflation days..I'm just cheap as hell when it comes to spending gil...The cheaper things are the richer i feel lol..
    fixed
    LOL

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It's just jealousy from not so rich people or lolz for BG.

Anyway, back on to topic. I'm with the bunch who agrees that no adjustments need to be made in regards to what's needed for upgrading salvage pieces or availability of them. Looks fine to me as it is.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Monday again >.< work. Ugh.
    Weeding through the first set of questions. Putting them in categories.
    Making a poll here soon to see what categories are most important to people.
    (Sadly we had a few dumb questions what I see so far )

Oh and btw :
    More storage space, please.

Edit questions like this on your own or delete them. This is no question.
    I mean it does not even have a questionmark. And do you really expect me to ask them:
    SE : Next question please.
    Bercus : More storage space, please.
    SE : Uhm well ok.

Specify your question. Put effort in your questions or I will weed them out right away.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar
    Adding additionaly a way like in Limbus with Ex-Items to enter different wing tiers would let people join Einherjar that missed due to Reallife some Wing runs.
    This is called the "Mark of the Einherjar" However, it doesn't let you enter Odin's Chamber. It WILL allow you to enter all chambers without any prerequisites, however Odin's Chamber ALWAYS requires 9 feathers.

To obtain the Mark, you need to have completed all 9 chambers, first. If it is your first time doing Einherjar, unfortunately you will be out of luck if you missed (unless your LS is nice enough to re-do the run).
    For first time doers its shitty hell. Missing one 1. wing run and I cant join on wing 2's is shit, since I basicly will miss now also wing 3 and odin run...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Amantar
    Question 1:
    When you attempt to take actions while paralyzed, is it really necessary to have your job timers set to max recharge, spells set to recast, or items used? It's bad enough in the case of some actions not going off but do we really have to not be allowed to try again?

Question 2:
    Would it be possible to not lose TP when a weapon skill doesn't go off? More of an inconvenience but it still seems easy enough to fix.

Question 3:
    A new line of food items that give a Mag. Attack or Mag. Acc bonuses in line with meat or sushi style foods would be a nice addition to consider for the future. Or, perhaps melee oriented cookies?
    Question 1 seems silly, paralyze is a debuff on you, its supposed to be annoying. Question 2 just seems like bad programing but I doubt so much they would bother with it I would almost hate to have a good question slot wasted on it. That brings us to question 3. I get what you are asking for as far as new mage foods, atm best food for a blm in general is too expensive to bother using and the melon pies +1 people have been using since 2004, but wtf is a melee friendly cookie? Do you mean just hp resting food? B/c they are in the game, they are called crackers, and noone uses them, so are you saying to make melee crackers with hhp and also some melee bonueses? Need to really clarify your food question b/c atm I think most people arent sure exactly what you mean with atleast part of it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Question 2:
    Would it be possible to not lose TP when a weapon skill doesn't go off? More of an inconvenience but it still seems easy enough to fix.
    Doing this would make weapons such as maneater and blau dolch much less useful. The way it is calculated now, TP goes to 0 in exchange for your WS (and if you're not in range, the exchange for the tp has been made so you lose your ws). If the tp didn't go away until after the WS, you would no longer be under the latent during WS, making for much smaller ws dmg (especially if you're main-handing.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    Wtf is a melee friendly cookie? Do you mean just hp resting food? B/c they are in the game, they are called crackers, and noone uses them, so are you saying to make melee crackers with hhp and also some melee bonueses?
    Well, melee cookies could give an acc ou atk boost for 3 minutes.
    It would be really good when meriting on colibris for example.

Something even better would be to make a difference between meals and snack food, and allow them to stack, just like food and drinks stack.
    This way, a mage player would be able to use a real meal, and complete it with HMp for resting when needed.

If you like the melee cookie idea, it could also allow melees to use a general food ( meat, sushi), and eat an acc cookie when fighting an high evasion mob, or eat an atk cookie when fighting a high def mob, or eat a defence cookie when taking a beating etc...

The short nature of snack food could be used to balances or empower the long term choices a player makes when picking a long duration food ( 30 minutes ~ 4 hours).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Actually with the khroma I could see the following work as a solution.

Gear/Chariot mobs in Salvage can drop a "Machine part" this is a desynthesis into a khroma nugget.
    A new Imperial Wootz Ingot recipe is Fire Crystal, Iron Ore, Khroma Nugget x6, Wootz Ore OR Fire Crystal, Iron Ore, Khroma Nugget x2, Khroma Ore, Wootz Ore. Either could work, but following the goldsmithing logic 2 nuggets can replace 1 ore.

Would not over flood the market but would help allow Salvage goers to mitigate the med costs often associated with salvage.

Similar items could be added for the other items in some fashion.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Damane

For first time doers its shitty hell. Missing one 1. wing run and I cant join on wing 2's is shit, since I basicly will miss now also wing 3 and odin run...
    The point is, there already is a key item for the situation, but you need to be dedicated to obtain it. Einherjar shouldn't be a free-pass to King Abjs. I don't know how much easier SE will want to make Einherjar for people that can't (or won't) camp Ground HNMs. Next people will start asking to weaken tier 3 bosses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The point is, there already is a key item for the situation, but you need to be dedicated to obtain it. Einherjar shouldn't be a free-pass to King Abjs. I don't know how much easier SE will want to make Einherjar for people that can't (or won't) camp Ground HNMs. Next people will start asking to weaken tier 3 bosses.
    I don't know what Einherjar you've been doing but it's about as far as you can get from a "free pass to king Abjs".
    The current implementation is shitty at best, you can tell because pretty much no one does it. The time vs. reward is shitty, it's not scaled like they said it was going to be, and having to rely on bringing a shit ton brds sucks.
    I love how people bitch about congestion at kings, yet don't want to make Einherjar easier for people to actually get gear they want.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

SE already said that they want to address the issue of tier access in Einherjar. This was in the interview that Elmer posted a month or two ago (the same one that said SCH will probably receive stoneskin).

EDIT: No it's not, and now I'm trying to find it >< I know they said it somewhere

Question 1:
    When you attempt to take actions while paralyzed, is it really necessary to have your job timers set to max recharge, spells set to recast, or items used? It's bad enough in the case of some actions not going off but do we really have to not be allowed to try again?

Question 2:
    These could both backfire by giving monsters the same benefits.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elipse
    Question 1
    The 3 day wait on Einherjar, Limbus, and Dynamis are a disaster for LS scheduling. Can you please consider changing the system to a 2 tag per conquest update to help LS's schedule these events properly? We would still be able to enter the zones at nearly the same rate but it would save considerable hassle for LS leaders
    this is a very good Idea, especially for einherjar and limbus, since theese events are so short that you only need to gather people once and just do it twice in row, would save alot of fuck gathering time, And leave more evenings out for other things to do.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by spooky

I don't know what Einherjar you've been doing but it's about as far as you can get from a "free pass to king Abjs".
    The current implementation is shitty at best, you can tell because pretty much no one does it. The time vs. reward is shitty, it's not scaled like they said it was going to be, and having to rely on bringing a shit ton brds sucks.
    I love how people bitch about congestion at kings, yet don't want to make Einherjar easier for people to actually get gear they want.
    I never said it was a free-pass to King Abjs. There's a reason it's hard to obtain. Plenty of people do Einherjar. Almost all End-game shells are (or should be) doing them.

Camping the Ground HNMs is "congested" and time consuming, sure. If your LS is following the long-lasting trend of botting, then Einherjar probably isn't right for you (assuming your competition is shittier botting or legitimate shells trying to get their chance at a claim). If you are one of those legitimate shells that take their try at getting claims, why the hell not do Einherjar? You are most likely NOT going to claim every other day, and the reward over time factor will be much higher with Einherjar.

It WILL take a while for your LS to do their first Odin (from Tier 1 to 3), but after that, and seeing the reward (and how easy the actual Odin fight is) sparks enlightenment in your LS to make time for Einherjar twice a week. Our LS went up to Odin with 22, after we beat him, we now have 36 members always show up to the other tiers to get a chance to fight Odin. The fight alone is more exhilarating than the rewards. It takes minimum 4.5 weeks of Einherjar to gain your just reward. That is far better odds than sitting in a crowded zone fighting against 90 other people for a claim that happens only once every 4-9+ days.

There really is no need to make a pre-Odin key item to enter chambers, because there's almost no use (you'll still need the chamber you missed anyway). I really think SE might change the amount of time before next entry, if anything at all. And I REALLY hope that is the case.

Just because no one does Einherjar, as you say, does not make it a shitty implementation. That has to be one of the worst arguments ever. You need to take outside factors into play. Sure the scaling method turns people down, but you don't need 36 people to beat every single tier (25 was our average, and that is a good average for all-around LS's). Maybe a LS's schedule is too tied up already to be doing another event (sky/sea/limbus/dynamis/hnms(?) in a week is stressful enough).

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast