Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Re: Question Discussion

Pre-Edit I was typing this while doing Dynamis, so obviously there have been posts already. I understand your argumentative stance on the subject, I'm just trying to shine light on the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Elipse
    The Shadow body you listed has "Regen" Not "Refresh". This kills all the rest of the Ares vs Shadow conversation. My LS also got 6 Ares body 35's to drop in a couple month period. While we're talking about it, I wasn't saying Ares was a replacement for E body. I don't remember saying that at all. What I was saying was, after you take Abody, D ring and Ridill out of the picture the only thing Einherjar replaces in terms of "Why LS's camp kings day in day out" is E body (I was saying it was the only abj of serious value here without a better alternative elsewhere)
    :ashira: Poor grammar on my part, after re-reading my statement, I can understand why you would think I thought Shadow had Refresh. Here is a rephrase:

This is very similar to the Ares Cuirass unless you ONLY want Ares for Refresh like you only want A.Body for refresh.
    Now, the Ares would really only appeal to PLDs for Refresh, and on a smaller scale for DRKs.

But LS's don't just only camp E.body. They do camp A.body, whether it's epeen or not. They camp N.head, they camp just to fight and make sure other LSs don't get gear (lol at that but I'm serious).

The point is, SE answered the question "Make King Abjs obtainable another way." They did so by adding Behemoth/King Behemoth, Adamantoise/Aspidochelone, and Fafnir/Nidhogg drops all into Einherjar. Clearly there was a problem if the community had been complaining about it for years. It's not the implementation of Einherjar, it's the community (again). Apparently the community only wanted more E.bodies (because the question wasn't 'we want more Ridills and Defending Rings', it was 'we want a new way to obtain abjurations.')

So right now, I don't know what the people of FFXI want now. First they want new way to obtain King Abjs, now they just want E. bodies?

What I wrote before from the individual perspective isn't my thoughts, its what I "think" is the thoughts of the people who say "fuck einherjar its not worth it.". I was trying to explain to this group of people why anyone whos not uber insane relic'd and hardcore 10 hours a day playing, would think this event has a weak reward/effort ratio.
    And I was replying to those thoughts. You were trying to explain that they won't get gear because more people will be there. Very faulty logic as I made clear examples as to why it was. You're making subtle hints at "Salvage is the best event in the game because ----" You say it can take as little as 6 solid players that show up to every run, and also that there is a reward for everyone (true) whom can attain it quickly. More further down. (I forgot to finish this part when I posted, but I continued further down I think.. I kinda forgot what I was going to say. Like I said I was doing Dynamis at the same time, lol).

They would think, I have 3 hours to play tonight, I can go to salvage and get a serious shot at something or go to Einherjar for nearly 0 rewards. If you want to pull in the limbus example you'd have to keep in mind that 26 people can pull in 1 omega a run. So basically 4 omegas a month. If you compare it without any AF+1 items or coins limbus is a better value in terms of time.
    I was bringing up group examples where it takes group effort to achieve minimal gain (the only benefit was that it could go by faster). I go to Limbus every week with the thought "I'll get nearly 0 rewards". The coins are as much of a reward as Ampoules. AF+1 items are easy to come by, but nearly all but 1 or 2 pieces in each set are actually worth upgrading, which is much like the abjs that drop in the early tiers.
    Salvage is so lol it's ridiculous. Ask ANYONE about their most desired piece and how many times they've tried to get it or how many times it took to get it. It's so absurdly broken. The community complains more about Salvage drops than anything.

Because Odin offers 100% drops (2-4 abjs, 3 supposedly 100%, plus an Odin exclusive item) it makes it much more appealing to complete (not to mention so much information has been brought forth on how to defeat Odin, even the clue "Pay homage to Odin" from SE has been proven [unlike some Clues....*cough*].)

Salvage is way too frustrating for me, and I'm not the only one that feels that way. Einherjar takes that pain away by decimating helpless mobs and dethroning bosses from their Chambers.
    Yes yes, you can do both. Doesn't mean everyone will see value in doing that. If you have nothing else to do with your time, like me.. then einherjar is great... not because its great but because you really have nothing else to do. So just think of more than the hardcore and think of the rest of the community.
    Define value? Time? Money? Rewards? All of the above? I'm thinking of more than just the hardcore. Shit the rest of the community either does Campaign, Besieged, Assaults, Salvage, or has a Dynamis/Sky LS. Campaign can be done whenever the person feels. Besieged is only voluntary, so you don't need to set aside times to be there. Assaults can be done very quickly and done once a day in 10-30mins with a small group of people. Salvage, as you and I have been over, can be done with a small group as well, but it needs it's own time scheduling. Dynamis and Sky are in it's own categories.

So why WOULDN'T the rest of the community fit in Einherjar for an event? The "hardcore" community has enough events already to deal with to fit Einherjar in (Our LS barely leaks in any free-time except on Saturday. From Prime-Time to almost 11est we are full of events). There's a lot of information already about EVERY tier where you can get a very good understanding on what to do for every situation for your LS to achieve victory and gain access to Odin.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar

But LS's don't just only camp E.body. They do camp A.body, whether it's epeen or not. They camp N.head, they camp just to fight and make sure other LSs don't get gear (lol at that but I'm serious).
    Wait, wait, wait!

Stop right there!

Are you trying to tell me that I have random shit I can't equip so other's can't? How dare you.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

YES! And I'm not specifically talking about your LS! Or am I >.>;;

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm increasingly depressed with the questions being asked.

Are you guys BG or Gamefaqs?

I really hope you ask the khroma ore question. Just because some people think it's fine does not mean that everyone does. If anything, hopefully they will get a clue that a lot of people think getting ore is still too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    So does this mean you think every relic owner is "fucking nuts"? Yes, some are really good, but are they worth what they cost?

Khroma Ore is not rare in the sense that it's only a less common drop/mining result. Things like Black belt items are much rarer because they are only introduced into the system a very limited number of times per day - Your only chances are 100% from Kings, low chance from NQ & decent chance from KS99. Aside from KS99, you have to compete against others just to even get a chance at them (not counting shells that give away excess Items). Yet do you see Mnks complaining this much about having to go to camps just to hope some shell will be generous to give them an item should it drop? (I'm sure they do complain, but they still go out and do what's needed to get what they want.)

Khroma Ore isn't rare, Wootz Ore is.
    Price is fine, good things should cost more than others.
    If it's too much, then don't buy/upgrade it.
    Horrible analogy. Relic weapons were meant to be minority owned, and they are. A ls isn't going to get enough currency to upgrade more than a few relics per year. On the other hand, people see body drops in salvage all the time, for all jobs except the new ones, compared to black belt, equippable by 1 job.

Before you say "It's too expensive for average players" or something equally stupid, I point you at the Salvage upgrade thread, as well as to Relics once again.
    Look at the cost of upgrading kings bodies vs the cost of salvage bodies. Salvage was created for more casual players, hence why you can schedule it around your team rather than trying to camp a nm whose pop time you can't control. Someone else also posted the odin body abj which is similar to ares yet markedly cheaper. 8m gil in this economy is a lot and it's not like you're being handed the 35 drop.

The problem is that ore isn't in any way as easy as people are suggesting. I highly doubt the avg bg reader gets 20k/hr in a merit pt, certainly the avg merit pt isn't evne close to that. Most people in hnmls barely even merit. Which means that imperial standing is finite. Even if you sucker a bunch of people into giving you free ores, eventually people will run out and someone will be sold out of luck.

You could always mine, but that has problems too. There are always warp hacking rmt zooming from point to point, which impedes legit miners.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In my oppinion, if you ask something as pointless and trivial as the "khroma ore question", this whole interview will be a joke.

Talk about focusing WAY too much on something that the vast majority of the fanbase doesn't need to know about.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How is the khroma ore question a 'waste'?

-RMT are making millions warp-mining this stuff across the servers.
    -The supposed 'casual' salvage needs 12 of said ingots to complete a piece (as if the 35 drops werent disgusting enough)
    -Alternatives are ISNMs or Einherjar, forcing people into a kinda box to either buy from the RMT miners or mine it themselves (something you cant do when RMT are mining behind walls)

Make the chariot bosses/gears drop items that desynth into the said imp.wootz/orichalcum ingots so the event is more self-contained. Kings drop items that make some of the abjuration gear, so could salvage. People have finished pieces yes, but not everyone can afford 8m-9m on some servers for one piece, especially in post-inflation FFXI - 8-9m that usually ends up going to RMT.

Thats all salvage would need to polish it off, something few events could brag about. Asking about adjusting drop rates in places (silver-freakin-sea) is something that id call more of a 'waste'.

If you're really whining about how RMT are poshacking and mining behind walls, guess what? you can B.A.N. them. Honestly, I mine in the mount all the time, and its really easy. First off, simply /sea area to find out whos in the area. Look for whoever is anon and not in a party. These are your suspects, and theres usually 1-5 in the area. Now, go to ffxiah and do player search for your world, and check each name on the suspect list. Those who have no auction house history at all, or those who ONLY have say a peice of mining gear or such, those are your most likely to be RMTs. Why? because no one whos playing legally shouldve been able to get to ToAU areas without having some sort of auction house history.

Now that you have your list of people who need to be checked, simply make a /ta Name macro and find a mining point. once you have, simply get next to the point and spam that macro. within 5 minutes (usually less), you will usually target someone underground. Now that you have confirmed who it is, simply send a GM call stating that a Player named Shavwdd is using 3rd party tools to mine. Within an hour a GM shouldve come, and the ban rate on them has been nearly 100%. the 2 times the GM didnt ban them i simply called another GM after a little while and they got banned the second time. There is always only one RMT bot in the area (at least on phoenix), and once one has been banned, another will not show up for 6-10 hours. enjoy your mining. ^^b

Seriously, it's not that hard.

P.S. I got two khroma ores in 1.5 hours yesterday also an adaman, i was pretty happy hehe. only used 2.5 stacks of pickaxes too. (note that even 1 in 6-8 hours is good)

At any rate, khroma is definetly not a problem, and one of the few good ways to make gil for some people left. Don't take this away because your 1337 peice of gear costs several mil to make. Considering the horribly low drop rate on most body peices, you could've simply started saving when you started and by the time you finally get the last peice, have enough to upgrade. Hell, if you decide to give up, now you got a few mil in items to sell. win/win situation, and people like me get to keep the one thing that keeps them from the poorhouse.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Your talking about banning RMT like they arent level 1 who dont give a fuck? That does not solve the problem plaguing many servers. This is the same situation like when RMT were owning Sahagin for months, raking in free-money and worrying little about player or SE resistance.

2 khroma ore in that time isvery rare and is unlikely to happen to the 'casual' players that do salvage often, hell even the hardcore people wouldnt mine long before caving in and buying some ores.

Point is, some more places to mine the shit without being cockblocked by RMT or even something within salvage that works towards the 12 ingots would be favorable. Kings do it, Sky does it as well - it'd be nice to see Salvage continue that pattern.

Ideally, we shouldn't have to call a GM and wait for an hour or more just for a chance to mine and maybe not get anything worthwhile. There's a fine line between patience and stupidity, and a lot of people are simply fed up with how things are now.

Kinda weird some are so quick to turn around label others gimp, but wind up being against suggestions to make said people less likely to stink it up. Is it pride through item rarity thing? Dunno. Just seems silly.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Question 4
    In my last question I would point to the lack of Battlefields in Aht-Urghan. Are there any plans to increase the number of ISNMs? It seems a lot of what was started in Aht-Urghan has been cut short or discontinued. Theres even a stall in whitegate zone with an NPC saying her artisan/crafting master shall brb but she's said that since April 2006 lol. I would point the same towards WotG and ask what can we expect from this expansion, Campaign OPs just dont cut it.
    I agree we need more ENM/ISNMs, but atm it's very hard to find a random group and if you don't have a hardcore static, which is hard to get, you will end up stuck not doing anything. I like the ENM "Like the wind" 2 players can duo. Could we ask for battlefields that 2-4 people can do instead of 6-12?

It should'nt be hard, just add new ranks for assault. But instead of ??? items and useless assault points, have an actual NM spawn that has 10% drop on items such as Maneater, Khroma ore ect.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Your talking about banning RMT like they arent level 1 who dont give a fuck? That does not solve the problem plaguing many servers. This is the same situation like when RMT were owning Sahagin for months, raking in free-money and worrying little about player or SE resistance.

2 khroma ore in that time isvery rare and is unlikely to happen to the 'casual' players that do salvage often, hell even the hardcore people wouldnt mine long before caving in and buying some ores.

Point is, some more places to mine the shit without being cockblocked by RMT or even something within salvage that works towards the 12 ingots would be favorable. Kings do it, Sky does it as well - it'd be nice to see Salvage continue that pattern.
    If you HONESTLY think asking the dev team in a casual interview if they will stop those mean old RMTs from mining your ore and have them actually do anything, you are crazy. Again, it's a pointless question because we all know SE is 'working on the problem'. Please, if you want to ask more pointless Sage Sundi-esque questions, do it on your own time. The rest of us would like to know about important things. You know, things that affect more than just a handfull of whiners.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos

If you HONESTLY think asking the dev team in a casual interview if they will stop those mean old RMTs from mining your ore and have them actually do anything, you are crazy. Again, it's a pointless question because we all know SE is 'working on the problem'. Please, if you want to ask more pointless Sage Sundi-esque questions, do it on your own time. The rest of us would like to know about important things. You know, things that affect more than just a handfull of whiners.
    Angry arent we? What are these questions that are so burning you to ask the dev team? Kings? lol. Last i heard the dev team can shut any question down they damn well please. I think its more your making money with khroma so you dont want to see your money source affected, how very thoughtful of the entire situation other than yourself. Ironic your accusing me of bitching when obviously your crying that they might nerf your money source or you bought 12 ingots already and feel if they change it you'll be shafted.

Stop making it seem like the questions have 'ranks' or 'tiers' because last i checked the greatest questions about kings with flowcharts and colorful diagrams can get just as shut down as a question about ebon panels or AV. Its an open forum, stop trying to cockblock peoples questions because they dont suit what you want.

Anyways,

agree we need more ENM/ISNMs, but atm it's very hard to find a random group and if you don't have a hardcore static, which is hard to get, you will end up stuck not doing anything. I like the ENM "Like the wind" 2 players can duo. Could we ask for battlefields that 2-4 people can do instead of 6-12?

It should'nt be hard, just add new ranks for assault. But instead of ??? items and useless assault points, have an actual NM spawn that has 10% drop on items such as Maneater, Khroma ore ect.
    More low-man content is a good thing, no need for NMs that drop current ENM items though - since they are the draw to do the ENM in the first place. (with exp being second)

Id like to ask them if they have an equivalent to KS99, ISNM in the works though. Another question along the lines of BCNM/ISNM is if a player could ever store Beast or Kindred seals with Shaami, since inventory is clutch for many people these days. That way he'd just subtract what you give him and give you an orb. Another question is if the tag on orbs could be changed from R/EX to EX - so players could carry multiple orbs if they chose to.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question 1

What are the reasons behind SE introducing the Octave Club as the drop from the Lord of Onzozo as opposed to a rare/ex version of the Kraken Club? All of the other drops that were heavily camped by RMT such as O-kote and Fuma Kyahan were just changed to rare/ex and their non-rare/ex versions added to BCNM drop lists. The Kraken Club has been added to the BCNM60 Up In Arms, but has a very small chance of dropping. Dual wielding these weapons is a futile effort, so myself and other players don't understand the purpose behind the Octave Club only working at two levels.
    What do you mean by "Dual wielding these weapons is a futile effort"? There can be no doubt that they would be dual wielded if the Octave worked like Kraken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    Question 1

What are the reasons behind SE introducing the Octave Club as the drop from the Lord of Onzozo as opposed to a rare/ex version of the Kraken Club? All of the other drops that were heavily camped by RMT such as O-kote and Fuma Kyahan were just changed to rare/ex and their non-rare/ex versions added to BCNM drop lists. The Kraken Club has been added to the BCNM60 Up In Arms, but has a very small chance of dropping. Dual wielding these weapons is a futile effort, so myself and other players don't understand the purpose behind the Octave Club only working at two levels.
    What do you mean by "Dual wielding these weapons is a futile effort"? There can be no doubt that they would be dual wielded if the Octave worked like Kraken.
    with the 8 hit per round maximum, the increase gained from dual wielding wouldn't be as stellar as one might hope.

New Merits
    BG Level

[Edit: Regarding Khroma Ores]

Make it so you can desynth the 25 from chariot bosses into their respective required tradeskill items. We're doing bosses over and over and over for a specific 25 that refuses to drop, might as well turn those items we're /tossing (or simply D2'ing/exit'ing before they even drop into someone inventory) turn into a usable item.

Quote Originally Posted by ashke

Make it so you can desynth the 25 from chariot bosses into their respective required tradeskill items. We're doing bosses over and over and over for a specific 25 that refuses to drop, might as well turn those items we're /tossing (or simply D2'ing/exit'ing before they even drop into someone inventory) turn into a usable item.
    Well that'd mean youd have to have a 100 smithing in your group because its rare ex. Perhaps a trade in system would be better ;3

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by ashke

Well that'd mean youd have to have a 100 smithing in your group because its rare ex. Perhaps a trade in system would be better ;3
    hey, anything to do *something* w/ the unwanted items that's hitting the floor. I don't know if other groups are like us, but we're contemplating bring other people in to hand them 25s. Sure we'll never give them a 35, but it's painful watching salvage gear languish unlotted b/c that chariot gives you the same loot pool every time you fight it.

I don't get this salvage upgrade stuff.. To upgrade in Limbus the zones drop coins.. to upgrade in dynamis the zones drop coins.. to upgrade in salvage you have to mine or do isnm? WTF is that? You should NOT have to NPC 12M each set.. That's a lot of gil going out the game at a time like this it's no good. Salvage is pretty hardcore.. There really aint many "casual" shells getting armor from salvage.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The event was pitched as 'casual', hence why i was kinda suggesting that SE could allow some options to get the items outta the event itself, much like limbus/kings/sky. Just have items drop that desyth, raw random drops within the event, trade in unwanted armor for material/s, or have a system where you can work towards getting the items via somekind of crude point system.

Its nothing really revolutionary, every other events been doing it for ages.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast