Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Question Discussion

If you want to discuss about a question, you can do this here. Not in the Main Thread.
    Discuss still means thats rule 4 and the none flaming (rule 3) counts (see above). Picking our questions for the Interview will be started after the Version Update. We are not going to waste a question for stuff that has been solved by the next VU.

Have fun .

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Question Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    Question 4
    While Salvage is an excellent event and embraced by the playerbase, the cost of imperial wootz ingots is sometimes prohibitively high. Are there any plans to add additional sources for khroma ore? Possibly a random drop off of Chariots?
    I kinda disagree with this one simply because Khroma Ore is a fairly common drop from the ISNM Battles which are usually done alot every day. Each group alone that goes usually does 6 runs and from what I've seen, 1-2 Khroma seems to be fairly common with more and less drops being rarer. Plus there's almost always people mining in Zhayholm (sp) from what I've seen.

Based on my current upgrading, the final cost for mine barring any breaks looks to be about 7-8m which seems fair for the stats that are on them. I would assume it should be fairly the same for other servers.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stolin
    Question 1
    Are there any plans to allow skill ups in ballista?
    This would simply be broken. For a pld or nin for eva/shield you could just get mnks and have them 2hr you as much as possible and attack with low dmg gear and low delay gear. It would be so easy to skill up that they might as well just add a feature to when you lv up, you're skills are automatically capped.

Also, edited my posts thought of a question I wanted to ask so going to remove one of the others.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Please please PLEASE ask the Summoner question! We summoners were given a ray of hope, and then shoved away in a corner. What happened to the "Have your avatar out for longer than a few seconds"?!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage
    Please please PLEASE ask the Summoner question! We summoners were given a ray of hope, and then shoved away in a corner. What happened to the "Have your avatar out for longer than a few seconds"?!
    Summoner
    An ability lets you recover MP from a summoned elemental. Weather and Day will have an effect. "As for new Avatars, I:m sorry but I cannot say anything as of yet."
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28529

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda
    Question 1
    This would simply be broken. For a pld or nin for eva/shield you could just get mnks and have them 2hr you as much as possible and attack with low dmg gear and low delay gear. It would be so easy to skill up that they might as well just add a feature to when you lv up, you're skills are automatically capped.

Also, edited my posts thought of a question I wanted to ask so going to remove one of the others.
    Well I would hope that if skill ups were allowed in ballista it would be a lot more popular. Also, skills like parry/guard/scythe/greatsword take forever to skill up in the PVE environment. This would be an enjoyable way to improve your combat skills, and to bypass hours of mindless swinging at steelshells or mandy tanking.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda
    Question 1

Well I would hope that if skill ups were allowed in ballista it would be a lot more popular. Also, skills like parry/guard/scythe/greatsword take forever to skill up in the PVE environment. This would be an enjoyable way to improve your combat skills, and to bypass hours of mindless swinging at steelshells or mandy tanking.
    Well tbh, if skill ups were the only reason someone would come to ballista, it would most likely ruin the match for the people who are actually there for ballista. For example you some asshole pld on your team letting people kill him just for skill ups and you lose cause all he did was give gate breach the entire match.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by psnsonixx
    Question 1
    Paladins received some job changes a while back, one including a 100% spell interruption rate down while blocking. While this is very nice being a paladin, it is also very overpowered for paladin with a ninja sub. Would SE consider altering this enhancement by allowing that interruption rate to only work for spells a paladin has natively? example - should work for: flash, cure iv, etc. Should NOT work for: utsusemi.
    I disagree 100% on this one as it is a step backwards. I'm not trying to flame, but it sounds like you're a Pld stuck in the /War era.

Also, is this were to happen, then every other job should/would have to be adjusted to gimp abilities and such when using a subjob ability/spell.

Should a Blm using Elemental Seal followed by casting a Red Mage spell be penalized because it's not a native spell?

My suggestion would be to ask SE to make Pld/War better, not make Pld/Nin worse.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I agree with tomi on this one

Part of me thinks job specific questions should be avoided. Usual response winds up being something along the lines of "we'll look into it..." or "we can't tell you right now!" I can understand the plight of SMNs wanting to be more, but it really is old hat and SE at least hinted at something. Otherwise, queries should focused on more widespread aspects of the game that make playing more enjoyable, less of a hassle, and giving people a reason to keep at it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Question 1
    Einherjar is a really nice idea, but the players are disappointed with the fact it is not scaleable as promised and there is seemingly little or no reward for the amount of time you have to put into it.
    What changes can we except to Einherjar in the near future?

Question 2
    Previously you’ve hinted that the weapons from Nyzul Isle would be upgradeable. Could you explain a bit more about this, and when we can expect to see it implemented.
    I was just going to quote only the first one, but I'll comment on the second one too.

1. I don't think SE ever promised that it would scale. It was just an assumption players made after it was released and little was known about it.

2. I think it's pointless to ask questions that will be answered in the next update. Should aim for long-term topics or unlikely additions/changes/issues to be resolved in the next update.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Question 4
    While Salvage is an excellent event and embraced by the playerbase, the cost of imperial wootz ingots is sometimes prohibitively high. Are there any plans to add additional sources for khroma ore? Possibly a random drop off of Chariots?
    I kinda disagree with this one simply because Khroma Ore is a fairly common drop from the ISNM Battles which are usually done alot every day. Each group alone that goes usually does 6 runs and from what I've seen, 1-2 Khroma seems to be fairly common with more and less drops being rarer. Plus there's almost always people mining in Zhayholm (sp) from what I've seen.

Based on my current upgrading, the final cost for mine barring any breaks looks to be about 7-8m which seems fair for the stats that are on them. I would assume it should be fairly the same for other servers.
    I think the question is valid. I'm working on Skadi body, and honestly, more than a few million is excessive. The mine rate in Zhayolm is stupid low (with Adaman, not Orich, being the only other worthwhile result there), not everyone can get the 10k/hr+ meripos needed to get the amount of IS to realistically spam the fights, and farming millions of gil is not as easy as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih
    Question 4

I think the question is valid. I'm working on Skadi body, and honestly, more than a few million is excessive. The mine rate in Zhayolm is stupid low (with Adaman, not Orich, being the only other worthwhile result there), not everyone can get the 10k/hr+ meripos needed to get the amount of IS to realistically spam the fights, and farming millions of gil is not as easy as it used to be.
    Gonna agree, too. If acquiring the body pieces were just getting 12 ingots, then I'd say an 8 mil price tag is justified. However, paired with the need to farm Salvage, time is further diverted toward gaining the piece. Ultimately, it is a bit better than hoping you claim a King for something like Dalmatica or Adaberk, but it's still a gil crunch in a deflated economy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Question 4

3000 ISP needed to do a ISNM
    30.000EXP needed to do a ISNM
    Average Meripo = 20k/h
    1,5h of Meripo for 1 ISNM

Assuming average droprate is 50% (not gonna happen)

24 ores needed (if not breaks)
    48 runs needed to get those ores
    144.000 EXP needed
    72h of Meripo

Assuming average droprate is 33% (most likely to be true)
    24 ores needed (if no breaks)
    72 runs needed to get those ores
    216.000 EXP needed
    108h of Meripo

That's for upgrading only 1 body. You ever did the math before? >_>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good gear should be hard to get. I have no problem with what Khroma is right now. Situations like Khroma -> Salvage bodies is the sort of thing that helps the economy drive.

Demosthenes11

yes, it's perfectly reasonable for a salvage body, which is typically a minor upgrade over existing gear, to cost 8x the price of its predecessor

Quote Originally Posted by Eron
    Good gear should be hard to get. I have no problem with what Khroma is right now. Situations like Khroma -> Salvage bodies is the sort of thing that helps the economy drive.
    Driving the economy should be things that everyone would strive for, not stuff a niche group would only consider due to the monumental cost in time and money, let alone be able to accomplish. Not saying it doesn't help, but there's a considerable skew in expense. Unless you think a cook having to sell 1000 stacks of sushi at 7k profit per stack amongst countless other competition fun and encouraging.

many players don't have the requisite hours a night required to camp nid, be a part of an HNMLS, etc. meanwhile, salvage with its ability to be tackled by 6-9 people for almost any task and more manageable 100 minute time limit fill that gap for the more casual player. casual players don't have time to merit up hundreds of hours of IS and then do the ISNMs to burn them, nor do they have the time to farm 8 million gil worth of silk thread, beetle jaws, or what have you. this means that those same players who salvage so wonderfully targets can't get the stuff they've busted their ass to get the 15/25/35 for because they can't afford the ingots. imo, i see this as a problem, not to mention the many HNMls players who find themselves with similarly dwindling bank accounts.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is an MMO. I think that if you dont have the time to put into attaining a certain piece, then you shouldnt be able to get it. With Salvage, I feel this logic is fair and sound as opposed to Kings system where sitting for those 3 hours doing nothing and being botted out of your chance thus invalidating time invested.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    This is an MMO. I think that if you dont have the time to put into attaining a certain piece, then you shouldnt be able to get it. With Salvage, I feel this logic is fair and sound as opposed to Kings system where sitting for those 3 hours doing nothing and being botted out of your chance thus invalidating time invested.
    Read the post directly above yours.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast