Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: I want to see questions regarding...

Voters
1879. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... AV (Video, Tactic ect)

208 11.07%
  • ... WotG (Where is the big stuff?)

157 8.36%
  • ... 2 Hand Weapon (Small enhancement?)

54 2.87%
  • … Campaign

18 0.96%
  • … New Merits (Where? Or/and Adjust some useless old merits)

184 9.79%
  • … New Equipment

135 7.18%
  • … more PvP Content

31 1.65%
  • … more Storage space

61 3.25%
  • … Graphic (DX9, higher resolution, ect)

61 3.25%
  • … Einherjar (>.<;

128 6.81%
  • … Nyzul Weapon

114 6.07%
  • … Scholar (needs a lot of tweaking)

82 4.36%
  • … Dynamis Fee (lowering, like Limbus Fee?)

93 4.95%
  • … General Job Adjustments

169 8.99%
  • … Crafting

46 2.45%
  • … EXP/Merit Camps, we need more.

100 5.32%
  • … Endgame is more crowded then ever (SE NEEDS LOOKING INTO IT NOW)

186 9.90%
  • … Summoner adjustments

52 2.77%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Poll about the Interview PRE-Version Update

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Of the categories i picked:

Einherjar: Cant stress this enough that the current system isnt gonna cut it without a little helping hand from SE. Up the drop-rates, lower the timer (to redo ein) if the drop rates are gonna stay low, allow a random 3 feather snatch if you win Odin and a no feather or a 1 feather snatch if you lose Odin. Einherjar is so high stakes, it's like losing all your dynamis items and being forced to re-grind the cities/beaucadine if you didnt beat dynamis lord every time.
    I think if they upped the time to 45 minutes or an hour and upped drop rates slightly for einherjar it'd be more enjoyable. I believe you get the mark of einherjar when you win all 9 chambers not when you beat odin
    Problem is, SE is hellbent on making the event only 30mins - another suggestion for ein would be for a full group warp-in once the glass gets traded...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

[quote=ronin sparthos]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":2agreljv

Einherjar: Cant stress this enough that the current system isnt gonna cut it without a little helping hand from SE. Up the drop-rates, lower the timer (to redo ein) if the drop rates are gonna stay low, allow a random 3 feather snatch if you win Odin and a no feather or a 1 feather snatch if you lose Odin. Einherjar is so high stakes, it's like losing all your dynamis items and being forced to re-grind the cities/beaucadine if you didnt beat dynamis lord every time.
    I think if they upped the time to 45 minutes or an hour and upped drop rates slightly for einherjar it'd be more enjoyable. I believe you get the mark of einherjar when you win all 9 chambers not when you beat odin
    Problem is, SE is hellbent on making the event only 30mins - another suggestion for ein would be for a full group warp-in once the glass gets traded...[/quote:2agreljv]
    how could u make that work full warping in 2 allies would be tricky.

[quote=Wolfknight]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":1z2quawm

Problem is, SE is hellbent on making the event only 30mins - another suggestion for ein would be for a full group warp-in once the glass gets traded...
    how could u make that work full warping in 2 allies would be tricky.[/quote:1z2quawm]
    easy solution: glass reservation is 35 minutes, mobs spawn after 5 minutes. message about "a forbidding presence approaches" or whatever mumbo jumbo nonsense they want for atmosphere and pop mobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

[quote=ronin sparthos]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":ori5sccp

Problem is, SE is hellbent on making the event only 30mins - another suggestion for ein would be for a full group warp-in once the glass gets traded...[/quoteri5sccp]

Or *gasp* have the initial trader reserve the zone. Begin handing out the item then each person trade thiers to 'register' after 5-10 min from zone reserve everyone that registered is warped in and the actual 30 min countdown begins. Or heck even a special "waiting room" with a big giant "start now" switch.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    New Merits, New Equipment, Nyzul Weps, General Job Adjustments and then the unlikely one about end-game being crowded (which I guess isn't really relevant to me pretty much), mostly because I know they're going to give you the run around and or just flat out be stupid about everything else.
    I picked the same five and I didn't even read your post until after I did so. <_>
    Because there's no escaping my brainwashing.
    NOOOOOOOO CHOLS!!!!!!!!!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

[quote=Spekkio]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":lod7a1zg

how could u make that work full warping in 2 allies would be tricky.
    easy solution: glass reservation is 35 minutes, mobs spawn after 5 minutes. message about "a forbidding presence approaches" or whatever mumbo jumbo nonsense they want for atmosphere and pop mobs.[/quote:lod7a1zg]
    Ive been thinking the exact same thing. How to make dynamis/limbus timers better? Switch them from 72 hours to 70 hours, enter 20-30 minutes later than you want? no problem

GIVE ME PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    GIVE ME PVP.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Haha Campaign and Crafting ^^.
    (They will change Campaign anyway with next VU, so no need to waste a question there too)

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm disapointed by the votes so far. I think FAR too much focus is being placed on AV, a NM that really doesn't drop anything that spetacurally wonderful. Yeah, the drops are good, but for the amount of fanaticism being placed on it... I could go my entire game without even seeing the bloody thing and I wouldn't feel cheated at all.

Looks like the SMNs are being pushed into the corner again... couldn't we atleast get ONE question?

-Tarage

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The issue with AV is that hes the last sense of mystery for many players, people want to see him die already - its not 'lol this is amazing, im having so much fun dying to him with 0 progress' anymore... its more 'god damn, can this please just die so the heir to AV can debut already?'

Its just kinda frustrating seeing the supposed weakness video turning out to be so obscure but im sure many people figured it'd be as such. AVs got as many conspiracy theorists as the JFK assassination at this point.

... at least in my opinion. >.>

Old Merits
    BG Level

The thing is for most categories we won´t get any good answers beside "We can´t tell you anything right now" or "it is planned". Once the Version Update is here I will go through all questions from Page 2 and upwards again to see which questions need rewording to be able to get good answers.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

COR, BLU & PUP AFv2 and AF+1 Questions please!
    Really about time we see something about those.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

-Please- could you try and ask about plans for PUP? Hell, even suggesting that they look at some PUP forums might be a good idea because some ideas produced there seem to be vastly better than what they can apparently come up with...

I always pray that someone will ask about PUP individually and it doesnt seem to happen, I guess because most don't have any idea what PUP is..
    (Though I do recognise PUP has had a lot of updates since it game out and is very close to being done, but couldn't it have a section on the poll? SMN and SCH do, and I can't see PUP being more useful than them as it stands)

Thanks

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by drade
    -Please- could you try and ask about plans for PUP? Hell, even suggesting that they look at some PUP forums might be a good idea because some ideas produced there seem to be vastly better than what they can apparently come up with...

I always pray that someone will ask about PUP individually and it doesnt seem to happen, I guess because most don't have any idea what PUP is..
    (Though I do recognise PUP has had a lot of updates since it game out and is very close to being done, but couldn't it have a section on the poll? SMN and SCH do, and I can't see PUP being more useful than them as it stands)

Thanks
    Seconded. It hasn't been around as long as SMN or is as new as SCH, but it still needs a fews boosts, whether it be to help the lacking AH/HNM dropped gear aspect, viability to HNMs or merit parties vs other jobs, the Activate timer, ect ect. The weaponskill adjustment is a big step (assuming it is at least decent, big assumption I know) but that definitely isn't the end-all-be-all.

However, since I am also very interested in SCH, and I think that it might need an even bigger boost, that will be my main vote for now. I know SMNs have new avatars coming at least, and some kind of funky new ability, so I'll wait til I see those before commenting further on it, or additional voting.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm probably going to get hated on because of this, but I think asking straightforward questions like "Endgame is crowded, how do you plan on changing that?" are going to get useless answers. Which the last few interviews gave almost entirely. They'll be happy to give details on updates coming up, but sadly that information is only useful for a few days.

I would suggest asking questions directly related to the developers and their goals. "Did you plan the endgame to be this crowded? Are you satisfied with how the NM system works and how heavily used it is?". I already know the answer to the second one, so maybe instead ask "You've said Einherjar was intended to be another option of gaining abjurations, but it's very unpopular because it requires too much for people to do or they don't find it rewarding. What are your thoughts on this?".

So I suggest going with this new direction or at least ask new questions, or there will be another thread entirely filled with bawwwing. Well, if you ask new questions, there will still be bawwwwing. Actually, no matter what you do...

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    Quote Originally Posted by drade

Thanks
    Seconded. It hasn't been around as long as SMN or is as new as SCH, but it still needs a fews boosts, whether it be to help the lacking AH/HNM dropped gear aspect, viability to HNMs or merit parties vs other jobs, the Activate timer, ect ect. The weaponskill adjustment is a big step (assuming it is at least decent, big assumption I know) but that definitely isn't the end-all-be-all.

However, since I am also very interested in SCH, and I think that it might need an even bigger boost, that will be my main vote for now. I know SMNs have new avatars coming at least, and some kind of funky new ability, so I'll wait til I see those before commenting further on it, or additional voting.
    What funky new ability? We've been promised a new avatar since bloody ToAU, and have seen nothing.

I call bullshit, which is why I want atleast ONE SMN question. But you guys are too busy whining about drops(SE will NEVER change), or AV(Which I think SE is having a lot of fun laughing about)...

I'm disapointed as hell.

A. Body
    BG Level

loljobs aside, I believe AV is a waste of a question considering how soon we're asking it after their hint. People have made some progress, after all. It's a little premature, plus it's doubtful SE will answer it anyway, since they'll be thinking this way.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just want to offer some suggestions, so please don't think i'm bitching at you, or telling you how to conduct your interview. But there are some things I'd like to add.

I too believe that asking very general questions will get us no where. A question like "Endgame is crowded, how do you plan on changing that?" will get us the run around, as it does nothing to address any specific issues. I also feel that we should also offer suggestions, or solutions, and requests to problems we have. Something like "Bst master is still struggling, what do you have planned?" will yield us a "something is being worked on". When instead we can say something like "Bst jug pet lvl limit, and low acc of jug pets are a serious problem for Bst. Can you increase jug pet lvls, and increase jug pet accuracy?" would be far better. It not only addresses the issue we have, but also offers a solution to fix it. Look at Straps. Straps are a perfect example of SE listening to an actual suggestion from players who wanted something to equip in the empty slot.

There has never ever been an interview from any of the sources that ask direct questions about jobs that are under performing, and what coudl fix them. I've even seen a 1UP interview classify Blu, COR, and PUP as "completed" job and then went on to ask SE "so what's next?". He called PUP a well crafted job, and then just brushed it aside and moved on. In particualr SMN, PUP, BLU, DRG, BST, THF, (and now SCH), have rarely if ever, been brought up in an interview in detail. Bst is probably the only one that gets mention, but no one ever addresses it in detail. The best they've done is "bst has problems, what will you add" "it's hard to solo exp on bst now, what will you do?" or "will there be new avatars?". Now the time to plainly state the issues we have. IF you're worried about not being able to cover all those jobs, what we could do is make general comments about them, and provide attachments, like a page with graphics for each job, stating the problems, and suggestions to fix. It would allow you to ask the question, and provide the graph for added detail.

So here's my vote for Job issues in detail, Einherjar (come on... in the last interview this was brought up in, the dev didn't even KNOW that every mob links when you grab just one. He thought they only linked by proxy. What's up with that???), new EXP/Merit Camps in wotg, adjustment to Merits that are incredibly Sub par ( I think the only jobs you shoudl be asking about NEW merits are SCH and DNC, i doubt they will add new merits to existing jobs with full cateories already), Vitality/Defense calculations, and 2 Hand Weapon nerf.

AV, More drops from HNM, more rewards from harder hnm, more Storage space, Nyzul Weapon, Dynamis Fee, Crafting, and PvP while important, have been asked to death and back in almost every interview out there. And most are met with "we will reveal that shortly" or "things are planned". Or in Dynamis fee's case "No, we think it should stay that way".

But as stated, the best we can do, is see what happens in the next version update, and go from there. For all we know, some of the concerns may be addressed.

Edit: I whipped this up in like 2 mins, I know it's ugly, but i wanted to provide an example of a possible solution on how to add many detailed job issues on paper. It's just an example, so don't take that listed BST problem (it's something i hear people talking about anyway) to heart.
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9...mplexl8.th.jpg

^ agree with everything up there