Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: I want to see questions regarding...

Voters
1879. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... AV (Video, Tactic ect)

208 11.07%
  • ... WotG (Where is the big stuff?)

157 8.36%
  • ... 2 Hand Weapon (Small enhancement?)

54 2.87%
  • … Campaign

18 0.96%
  • … New Merits (Where? Or/and Adjust some useless old merits)

184 9.79%
  • … New Equipment

135 7.18%
  • … more PvP Content

31 1.65%
  • … more Storage space

61 3.25%
  • … Graphic (DX9, higher resolution, ect)

61 3.25%
  • … Einherjar (>.<;

128 6.81%
  • … Nyzul Weapon

114 6.07%
  • … Scholar (needs a lot of tweaking)

82 4.36%
  • … Dynamis Fee (lowering, like Limbus Fee?)

93 4.95%
  • … General Job Adjustments

169 8.99%
  • … Crafting

46 2.45%
  • … EXP/Merit Camps, we need more.

100 5.32%
  • … Endgame is more crowded then ever (SE NEEDS LOOKING INTO IT NOW)

186 9.90%
  • … Summoner adjustments

52 2.77%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Poll about the Interview PRE-Version Update

Well here's an example of some issues I see with BLU:

1) Accuracy and Damage of magical blue magic is disproportional to the amount of MP it costs: other than breath spells, the rest of the magical spells are totally worthless and do nothing but serve as a vessel for auto-refresh. Physical magic costs up to five times less the MP and does more than 10x the damage in most cases against exp mobs and HNMs.

2) Unless a BLU is subbing THF, most physical blue magic damage sucks versus endgame mobs.

3) Diffusion should be a 5 minute timer, with the remaining merits extending the duration of the spell cast.

4) Assimilation should give 1, 2, 2 points for the merits, to make it an even 5 extra points when maxed.

5) TP Bonus merit is fine. Convergence should do a little more than what it does (seriously, with one merit I notice that burst affinity does more for my spells than Convergence does).

6) Azure Lore would be better served in an emergency situation if the entire Blue Magic spellbook was unlocked, as well as recast timers being reset when used - also... physical spells should automatically gain TP bonuses and magical spells should gain burst affinity bonuses... minus the ability to skillchain and magic burst.

7) It would be nice to have an MP Recharge sort of spell similar to self-refresh... where it costs 75MP but restores 150 at 10/mp every 5 seconds. That way BLU can refresh every once in a while with diffusion and gives them the ability to restore MP if needed in a backup role (something currently only RDM, COR, and BRD can do). The spell could even cost 5 BMP and it would still be fairly balanced.

8) Also, having a better, higher level AoE Cure spell (along the lines of White Wind, where it's an AOE healing breath attack that heals based on current HP for high enmity) would also expand this role.

9) Give BLU throwing skill, since they have so many throwing chakrams and no skill to utilize it.

10) All new jobs, BLU/COR/PUP/SCH/DNC need some sort of JSE set that doesn't suck... something that is on par with the Barone/Hachiman/etc sort of JSE sets so that these jobs have better end-game gear. As it is, it's pretty much the same as it was before other jobs - partial AF, partial abjuration.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan
    6) Azure Lore would be better served in an emergency situation if the entire Blue Magic spellbook was unlocked, as well as recast timers being reset when used - also... physical spells should automatically gain TP bonuses and magical spells should gain burst affinity bonuses... minus the ability to skillchain and magic burst.
    I'm disappointed with the 2hrs from all 5 of the newest jobs (COR is great when it works though).

A lot of the old 2hrs have a secondary effect in addition to their primary use
    Benediction - Status ailments cured
    Manafont - Spells can't be interrupted by physical dmg
    Chainspell - Recasts go way down
    Hundred Fists? - I've heard that this resets your recasts upon activation?
    Invincible - Enmity spike
    SAM - 300 TP fillup
    Spirit Surge - Jumps gain additional effects
    Astral Flow - Zero perpetuation cost
    NIN - No XP loss

The new job 2hrs are really tame (again, except a good COR roll). Free dances is especially bland. Trance could be on a 10 minute timer and it wouldn't be overpowered at all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Razril
    COR, BLU & PUP AFv2 and AF+1 Questions please!
    Really about time we see something about those.
    This. I wouldn't mention AF2 for SCH and DNC yet since they haven't even released the AF1, but we're long overdue for these.

And I, too, think asking about AV at this point isn't really a good idea. They'll probably give some cryptic hint about watching the movie that just makes it more confusing or is something we already know. Also, merit camps seems to be asked quite often.I think SE knows it's a problem, it's just when they get around to fixing it. Anything about WotG should probably be avoided, since they're still updating it and have plans for it. Like above, it's just when they get around to implementing it.
    While I would really like a crafting question, we'll probably receive the same answer we always get.
    Please, don't ask about storage space. We just got 10 more spaces, and SE said (if I remember correctly) they were hesitant to give us those.
    EDIT: A better question to ask would be for different sets of armor to store, +1 sets, and more rare/ex storage in the event NPC since not all event items you can store.

Einherjar and Kings, yes, yes, yes.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

2 Hand Weapon nerf.
    wut? Seriously dont tell them that 2H is 'nerfed', the little taste of broken-ness that happened inbetween the 2 tweaks was borderline rediculous.

Whatever questions you ask, try to make them as short as possible. If I recall your past question/interviews, you always seemed to be in a time crunch and more time is spent explaining the question then getting an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsiclestick
    Whatever questions you ask, try to make them as short as possible. If I recall your past question/interviews, you always seemed to be in a time crunch and more time is spent explaining the question then getting an answer.
    I think what had happened was, he was promised like an hr long interview, but when he got there, they changed it to half that time. So he wasn't prepared.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I know it's kinda been pushed in to some other points, but I can't believe I haven't seen this as its own category of issue, or no one specifically talking about it. THF.

I mean, everything about it. Help prz! I'd rather the development team have lied at fanfest and said that like... having THF in for a certain % of a mob kill results in TH effect. Not a "just put them in at the start, whiff once, and d2 them" TH activation. That was THF's last depressing claim to existence. It's absurd that THFs have to think about having relic or ridill to even pretend to think they're useful. No Xarc hands? /wrists.
    There needs to be SOME way to make them more than a TH slave for anything endgame, and even remotely considered for exp pts after ToAU zones start. So yea, I know this is massive generalization but I'd love to see anyone say that THF doesn't need major... putzing. Other jobs need tweaks, sure, but THF is entirely the DRG of 2007-8... it's that bad.

Here's a good example of something that is not right. THF is a nyzul100 diskholder and is warping. Get to floor 100 and...
    --Equips thf knife.
    --Uses feint.
    --Uses a dusty wing, SAWSes the boss for 200-400 after the heavy melee start popping 1k+es in the face.
    --Warps with the thing still at 80% since they have nothing else to do.
    Could they have stayed longer? Of course. But seriously, we realized long ago that it was more of a pain than a benefit to spend MP curing the THF from AOE and to keep para off them so they can warp out than it was for the THF to just leave after feint and tagging it with TH.
    Oh and...
    --Goes emo if no drop, because they know this means it's just one more tag they'll have to come THF instead of a job they actually enjoy.

2) Unless a BLU is subbing THF, most physical blue magic damage sucks versus endgame mobs.
    Not that I disagree, but if you ask for this you have to ask it for MNK SAM WAR DRK DRG as well. Or conversely, you could ask for some kind of alternatives so that every melee stops subbing NIN in non-endgame activities. Is it fair? No. We're just addicted to it and no one can come up with a more efficient way of doing things.

I agree that THF needs some major work, but I'm afraid the majority believe it is just fine as it is.

Also I am surprised so few people voted for the DX9 questioning. Fucking lazy SE and their god damned broken promises. "LOL It's too hard for us to do it would take to long!" It's like they WANT to run new players off and kill the game. It's shit like that that causes me to not even pay attention to their lists of shit they plan to do. We're lucky if we ever see 1/10th of it implimented.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by The Q
    Also I am surprised so few people voted for the DX9 questioning. Fucking lazy SE and their god damned broken promises. "LOL It's too hard for us to do it would take to long!"
    They also said that adding more lines per macro would take too long. My response is "well get started already"

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Also I am surprised so few people voted for the DX9 questioning.
    I as well. An overhaul like that could (note, just could) set back the clock a few years on the age of the thing. It would make the game look actually appealing to a wider range of potential players, instead of the POL site pictures and video showing its aging. That finalfantasyxi.com bit is a good start but... sigh. I mean, for years even more casual players have been toying with the registry to make things look better. There are a handful of programs that also make it absurdly easy. You'd think they'd update the config program with more options or something, at least. If the average PC isn't even making an effort to run xi anymore (outside whitegate/AH/aery), at least make it look pretty so we might forgive stuff like the 56k modem standard that we still have for whatever reason.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

7) It would be nice to have an MP Recharge sort of spell similar to self-refresh... where it costs 75MP but restores 150 at 10/mp every 5 seconds. That way BLU can refresh every once in a while with diffusion and gives them the ability to restore MP if needed in a backup role (something currently only RDM, COR, and BRD can do). The spell could even cost 5 BMP and it would still be fairly balanced.
    Something I just thought of. A BLU spell or ability that puts a status effect (can be manually turned off) that acts like a poison/refresh. It would not be a perfect 1 to 1 but something like 5 HP lost, 3 MP gained or some other amount (made up numbers for example). The damage Ignores stoneskin and does not cause the person to wake up from sleep. Casting cost would be rather low mp wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aymee
    Also I am surprised so few people voted for the DX9 questioning.
    I as well. An overhaul like that could (note, just could) set back the clock a few years on the age of the thing. It would make the game look actually appealing to a wider range of potential players, instead of the POL site pictures and video showing its aging. That finalfantasyxi.com bit is a good start but... sigh. I mean, for years even more casual players have been toying with the registry to make things look better. There are a handful of programs that also make it absurdly easy. You'd think they'd update the config program with more options or something, at least. If the average PC isn't even making an effort to run xi anymore (outside whitegate/AH/aery), at least make it look pretty so we might forgive stuff like the 56k modem standard that we still have for whatever reason.
    Exactly. They really need to quit writing checks with their mouths that their asses can't cash. I just upgraded from a 6600GS to a freaking 8800GTX, and a core 2 duo 3.0 Ghz. Before I was running in 1600x1050 with good frames with the exception of AH's and some parts of Aht Urhgan. Now I can run it in faux AA and I don't get the frame drops around AU but I still get them at AH's. I STILL cannot turn shadows to high without frames dropping to ~20 if I'm around more than 5 people.

The point is, more and more people are going to be using more modern hardware to play the game. If it still runs like crap, and in some cases can run worse than using older hardware, why will anyone be inclined to play it over more modern MMO's that actually take advantage of new hardware?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko
    Something I just thought of. A BLU spell or ability that puts a status effect (can be manually turned off) that acts like a poison/refresh. It would not be a perfect 1 to 1 but something like 5 HP lost, 3 MP gained or some other amount (made up numbers for example). The damage Ignores stoneskin and does not cause the person to wake up from sleep. Casting cost would be rather low mp wise.
    Just give BLU the Magic Pot ability "Mysterious Light" which restores a chunk of MP. Balancing it will be easy - adjust the MP restored and the recast timer until it's fair.

A. Body
    BG Level

Mysterious Light is the AOE Grav attack and BLU gets it already, you're thinking of battery charge.

I had a better idea for it in the BLU thread anyhow. This way, you get MP restoration, but you aren't replacing RDM as a refresher (unless they fix Diffusion or use my other idea...)

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    2 Hand Weapon nerf.
    wut? Seriously dont tell them that 2H is 'nerfed', the little taste of broken-ness that happened inbetween the 2 tweaks was borderline rediculous.
    It's not "nerfed" per se, but it is right back to where it was before the "2-handed update" was added, which makes the whole process a big waste of time. Also they made a big announcement about it so they made it out to be a big deal.

I agree the initial 2-handed boost was a bit much, but a week or two later they nerfed it slightly, and everything was perfect. Then when they added the WoTG stuff, they nerfed it down to where it was before the initial buff existed, which makes no sense. It would be like them saying "we feel like BLM needs new spells", giving BLMs new spells, then removing them all a month later.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Its definately not where it was before the patch, its just completely broken anymore... people actually use great axes and more 2handed weapons moreso than ever.

Its slightly above where it was pre-patch and below the sheer brokeness that capped accuracy without any gear w/2h weapons gave.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Its definately not where it was before the patch, its just completely broken anymore... people actually use great axes and more 2handed weapons moreso than ever.

Its slightly above where it was pre-patch and below the sheer brokeness that capped accuracy without any gear w/2h weapons gave.
    sam is weaker than before the patch cause SE lower YGK's 200% mod from 2.0 > 1.875 which really should be changed back with the addition nerf cause right now it just about same as before patch cause of this

A. Body
    BG Level

Um, SAM was high on the hog before the update, so boo fucking hoo. The 2H adjustments changed what needed to be changed, all the OTHER 2H jobs. BZ & RC are actually usable now to the point that KC isn't as necessary to a DRK's use in endgame. DRG is much better on the whole and GAX can be superioir to the best DW set-ups. Fuck SAM, they've had it too good for too long.

People were using GAs and 2-handers for the month or so the update was in effect yeah. After the WoTG update, no.

I don't see any difference, at all, compared to now and before the update. And I'm not even talking about the STR/DEX thing, I mean the actual damage calculations. It's as if the update never existed, as far as over all damage goes.

Just for the sake of argument let's say it was a slight boost. It wasn't enough to make anyone think 2-handers are on the same ground as Dual Wielders, which is more or less what SE intended....for 2-handers to be seen as "equal". I'm not saying it has to be broken like it was in the first boost but they've scaled it back so much it's not noticeable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Um, SAM was high on the hog before the update, so boo fucking hoo. The 2H adjustments changed what needed to be changed, all the OTHER 2H jobs. BZ & RC are actually usable now to the point that KC isn't as necessary to a DRK's use in endgame. DRG is much better on the whole and GAX can be superioir to the best DW set-ups. Fuck SAM, they've had it too good for too long.
    wtf are you talking about everyone was war, nin, and mnk before the update so I think sam deserves our ws mod @ 200% back; all sam did before update was SC. and really drg is hardly better off than before the update happened thanks to the WoTG nerf; oh ya now war gets to rule with GA instead of axe your right war stays strong as ever and sam deserves crap.