Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: I want to see questions regarding...

Voters
1879. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... AV (Video, Tactic ect)

208 11.07%
  • ... WotG (Where is the big stuff?)

157 8.36%
  • ... 2 Hand Weapon (Small enhancement?)

54 2.87%
  • … Campaign

18 0.96%
  • … New Merits (Where? Or/and Adjust some useless old merits)

184 9.79%
  • … New Equipment

135 7.18%
  • … more PvP Content

31 1.65%
  • … more Storage space

61 3.25%
  • … Graphic (DX9, higher resolution, ect)

61 3.25%
  • … Einherjar (>.<;

128 6.81%
  • … Nyzul Weapon

114 6.07%
  • … Scholar (needs a lot of tweaking)

82 4.36%
  • … Dynamis Fee (lowering, like Limbus Fee?)

93 4.95%
  • … General Job Adjustments

169 8.99%
  • … Crafting

46 2.45%
  • … EXP/Merit Camps, we need more.

100 5.32%
  • … Endgame is more crowded then ever (SE NEEDS LOOKING INTO IT NOW)

186 9.90%
  • … Summoner adjustments

52 2.77%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Poll about the Interview PRE-Version Update

The same poll will (if nessesary) be made again after the Version Update.
    Stuff that has been changed by the Version Update will not be asked.
    If stuff got a little bit changed, won´t be asked about it too.

You are able to vote 5 categories.
    If you don´t like a categorie, see rule 3.

PS: I had more categories like BST, BLU Adjustments but I am not allowed to put that many in there.
    That does not mean no question will be asked about them (we have to check if we can expect to
    get a good answer from SE and wait for the VU first`)

Code:
    ... AV (Video, Tactic ect)
    ... WotG (Where is the big stuff?)
    ... 2 Hand Weapon (Small enhancement?)
    … Campaign 
    … New Merits (Where? Or/and Adjust some useless old merits)
    … New Equipment 
    … more PvP Content
    … more Storage space
    … Graphic (DX9, higher resolution, ect)
    … Einherjar (>.<;;)
    … Nyzul Weapon 
    … Scholar (needs a lot of tweaking)
    … Dynamis Fee (lowering, like Limbus Fee?)
    … General Job Adjustments
    … Crafting
    … EXP/Merit Camps, we need more.
    … Endgame is more crowded then ever (SE NEEDS LOOKING INTO IT NOW)
    … Summoner adjustments

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Re: Poll about the Interview PRE-Version Update

New Merits, New Equipment, Nyzul Weps, General Job Adjustments and then the unlikely one about end-game being crowded (which I guess isn't really relevant to me pretty much), mostly because I know they're going to give you the run around and or just flat out be stupid about everything else.

Old Merits
    BG Level

then the unlikely one about end-game being crowded (which I guess isn't really relevant to me pretty much), mostly because I know they're going to give you the run around and or just flat out be stupid about everything else.
    I am sure we will find a way to ask them about what they want to do about it. Up to sometimes 7+ Linkshells competing for a monster is seriously in need to changes. I don´t care what but there should not be further excuses to not look in to it.
    (I mean even Aspid is camped often on my server by 4-5 Linkshells because everyone needs a freaking egg and some JP Linkshells sell it for 3.000.000+). This is getting stupid that the rich people get richer and I can imagine that this is maybe one reason why some idiots RMT/buy gil.

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    then the unlikely one about end-game being crowded (which I guess isn't really relevant to me pretty much), mostly because I know they're going to give you the run around and or just flat out be stupid about everything else.
    I am sure we will find a way to ask them about what they want to do about it. Up to sometimes 7+ Linkshells competing for a monster is seriously in need to changes. I don´t care what but there should not be further excuses to not look in to it.
    (I mean even Aspid is camped often on my server by 4-5 Linkshells because everyone needs a freaking egg and some JP Linkshells sell it for 3.000.000+). This is getting stupid that the rich people get richer and I can imagine that this is maybe one reason why some idiots RMT/buy gil.
    I liked where you were going till you brought up the egg. They will immediately just bring up the whole KS99 escape clause.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They will, that´s why we won´t mention that most camp it just for the Egg .
    Also KS99 has no 100% droprate on the Egg, but Aspid has. Technically you could never ever get the Egg to drop too.
    Lost 99 Kindred Seals, while others get the Egg, don´t give it away for free, but just sell it for money worth
    3 Dynamis runs. I can´t believe that the same JP people I met years ago still camp Kings.
    (for their second accounts... or for shits and giggles to get all possible Items).

I miss the "done that, going to the next level" part, where Kings get uninteresting.
    There are many ways to change that. It´s just that the Dev. Team does not feel like changing it, because
    in their eyes it is just fine how it is right now. Whole HNM concept is broken imo.

The only way most Linkshells can fight anything 'big' is going to Hydra or Jormungand. We all know why.
    I don´t even want to come up with a solution anymore. SE should.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

No offense to the people that are asking about WoTG but I'll bet you 90% that the answers will be "you'll just have to wait until the next version update." If you want specific things like gear, fights, PVP, options for low lvl exp, or whatever we'd be better off pressuring them for these things. Most likely they have a plan for WoTG set up for adding a lot more content but ultimately they'll keep fairly hush hush about it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

New Equipment - Give me more sidegrades.
    More PvP content - FFXI's PvP is dead, dead mostly because it sucks. Add in the Colosseum with some PvP rewards (armor/weapons)
    More Storage Space - Can't ever have enough and we know SE's worked out ways to get at least 80 storage. Do this.
    Graphics - It's about goddamn time they up this to DX9.
    General Job Adjustments - They don't seem to know how the game works, so someone has to tell them which jobs need fixing and why.

Not to mention, besides the Graphics thing, all of those tie into each other one way or another.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well I won´t waste a question on Gobbie Bag Quest too. It will come for sure. Asking for it, won´t speed it up like we know in that case. Only a matter of time now till we get Gobbie Bag Quest up to 80 slots or more Storage or whatever.
    They will probably make a new way to store Items like the Mog Locker too ( I am sure they said it in an Interview 2007 )

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I can´t believe that the same JP people I met years ago still camp Kings.
    (for their second accounts... or for shits and giggles to get all possible Items).
    You should replace "Jp people" by "players".
    Generally speaking, it's true that Jp players started endgame before EU and NA players, but you make it sound like Japanese are a problem, while the problem is the behaviour of some people who camp everything, no matter where they are from.
    I understand you pick your personal experience, but maybe it would be wiser not to point the Jp in general as if they were the cause of all these troubles. :wink:

No option for Ninja updates, while it's the thing I that is more important to me

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator
    No option for Ninja updates, while it's the thing I that is more important to me
    General Job Adjustments

Old Merits
    BG Level

Of course not just JP´s. I know others who still camp like crazy the same mobs too.
    And yes some people camp everything still, because they have nothing else to do.
    Nothing more challenging, more rewarding. We have way to less HNMs >.<.

I think we should try our best to ask them questions that have NEVER been asked before. Or the same questions that Alla, 1up, kikizo, KI, or whoever would ask. I hated seeing all those different sources ask the same exact questions when WoTG came out. I also don't think we should ask them "general job adjustments" either. We should plan as day list to them the problems we see with certain jobs, and then turn around and ask them could they fix them. The only think pl ever ask is "jobs have some problems, what adjustments do you plan in the future", when it may be better to state it like "X job has X problem, could you please adjust X to correct this?". Because that way, youre being very very specific rather then leaving the question up in the air, and leaving an easy opening like "we have plans".

My choices...

1) 2 Hand Weapon (Small enhancement?)
    Still feels like a blinged one-hander beats a blinged two-hander in a lot of cases. I dunno if bumping things to 1:0.85 would do much, but I'd at least like to see more worthwhile grips added. Stuff with like STR+5 and ATK+20 in one, or granting a more reliable multi-hit to offset the benefits of DW a Ridill or Joyeuse off-hand.

2) New Merits (Where? Or/and Adjust some useless old merits)
    One of the categories I brought up in my questions.

3) General Job Adjustments
    It's a bit more vague than merits, but it still needs to be done. I'm more an advocate of enhancing all job utility as opposed to simple damage output values.

4) Crafting
    Kind of unfortunate seeing this one so low in the poll at present, but it really does need help. Low prices are great for buyers, sure, but I know I derive no enjoyment from working toward multi-million gil gear at pay outs less than 7k per sale.

5) Endgame is more crowded then ever (SE NEEDS LOOKING INTO IT NOW)
    And that's probably a polite way of putting it. 120+ people going for one mob is just stupid.

Of course, those 5 really aren't the only things I'd like to see changed. It was hard to pick, but it's a bit disheartening to see so many categories that need addressing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think I speak for EVERYONE who does Salvage (and that is quite alot people) that you need to ask about Silver Sea Remnants droprate...

4 drops out of 200 NM kills is not what I call enjoyable gameplay...

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Of the categories i picked:

Einherjar: Cant stress this enough that the current system isnt gonna cut it without a little helping hand from SE. Up the drop-rates, lower the timer (to redo ein) if the drop rates are gonna stay low, allow a random 3 feather snatch if you win Odin and a no feather or a 1 feather snatch if you lose Odin. Einherjar is so high stakes, it's like losing all your dynamis items and being forced to re-grind the cities/beaucadine if you didnt beat dynamis lord every time.

EXP/Merit: Ask them exactly how they plan to entice the playerbase away from 'imp/colibri syndrome' in the upcoming expansion pack exp/merit-wise. What the answer to that question is will determine exactly how any of the future merit camps under sigil will be used. EXP bonus in the sigil zones would be desirable as well, its 2008 - the playerbase is hooked on it and lowering the bar from ToAU wont help.

An alternative to 'burn-parties' would be desirable as well, the Marid-Chigoeish kind of EXP was quite entertaining and rewarding before it was nerfed, are there any plans for 'Harder Mob = better exp/kill vs Smaller Mobs = lower exp at a faster rate'?

New Equipment: New gear designs are great, but time and time again have they died in obscurity because they are not practical in any game situation. An example, Hexaguns were a good idea, but were poor executed in the sense that shooting faster may be great for pulling but shot for shot its a bad idea with lower WS damage and absolutely no practical battle advantages versus the marginally slower standard guns with better stats and damage output. Perhaps more rapid shot procs in a hexaguns case and overall more logical applications for subweapon classes currently ignored by a majority of the playerbase. (hexaguns, amoods, shurikens, grenades, pinwheels, etc.)

AV: The video was just not enough, the results are inconclusive and the amount of EXP lost total to Manafont and Benediction are rediculous.

Endgame: HNMs need a power boost or more places to do HNMs with marginally lesser drops but are still true to the straightforwardness of camping an HNM. ISNM9000s, BC99s, more HNMs that are spawned via farming items from high level monsters - something.
    Jormugand and Hydra among the 'pack of lost HNMs' would like desireable drops, it'd help to rework them in combinations with more alternative 'big battles'.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whole HNM concept is broken imo.

The only way most Linkshells can fight anything 'big' is going to Hydra or Jormungand. We all know why.
    I don´t even want to come up with a solution anymore. SE should.
    /Nod. The very concept of camping HNMs for hours or sometimes days and then competing with dozen, possibly hundreds of other players for a claim is flawed. The best and rarest drops in the game should be a reward for superior skill, not for obsessive-compulsive camping - what else would you call people who camp 3+ day pop HNMs around the clock - and for 3rd party tool usage.

There are any number of solutions to this problem and they've been discussed in these forums again and again for a very long time. What matters is that SE finally realizes that there is a real problem here and takes a bold step to overhaul the entire system.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    New Merits, New Equipment, Nyzul Weps, General Job Adjustments and then the unlikely one about end-game being crowded (which I guess isn't really relevant to me pretty much), mostly because I know they're going to give you the run around and or just flat out be stupid about everything else.
    I picked the same five and I didn't even read your post until after I did so. <_>

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Of the categories i picked:

Einherjar: Cant stress this enough that the current system isnt gonna cut it without a little helping hand from SE. Up the drop-rates, lower the timer (to redo ein) if the drop rates are gonna stay low, allow a random 3 feather snatch if you win Odin and a no feather or a 1 feather snatch if you lose Odin. Einherjar is so high stakes, it's like losing all your dynamis items and being forced to re-grind the cities/beaucadine if you didnt beat dynamis lord every time.
    I think if they upped the time to 45 minutes or an hour and upped drop rates slightly for einherjar it'd be more enjoyable. I believe you get the mark of einherjar when you win all 9 chambers not when you beat odin

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

why doesn't people want SE supported plug-ins ect?

sit down with them and tell them 150k users are using 3rd party tools to "enhance" game play. Tell them we want things like recast timers and macro lines. And if they don't give it to us we will continue to use these tools.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I picked the same five and I didn't even read your post until after I did so. <_>
    Because there's no escaping my brainwashing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast