Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Detailed Question List

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphusRagnarok
    Why doesn't Chocobo Mazurka work in Al Zhabi and in nations of the past?
    Because those zones are dungeons, which is also why pets can be called in them.
    You're right of course, and I'm sure the developer's would give a similar answer ><
    The real question should be why were the zones flagged this way?
    Besieged and defensive campaign both mean that sometimes there will be enemies in there
    Why aren't they flagged like the normal zones that contain enemies, friendly NPCs, and allow Mazurka?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: Compiled List of Questions/Issues

You have a set date for the interview yet Bercus? I probably overlooked it somewhere but I couldn't find it

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    3'rd party applications:

rampant is botting.
    through FFXIapp.
    Will you fix this please?
    (sorry, couldn't resist after triming it and getting a haiku)
    What measures are you taking to stop these players? Are you working on a solution?

Is SE even aware of these programs / have they attempted to block their use?
    I'd have to say yes here. After each version update, many programs like ffxi-app, windower and/or plugins, pretty much anything third pt will not work, and they have to be re-written to go around it.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

i'd like to see SE admit they won't do anything to windower/plugins users, or that they will make these features themselves and then start banning people after that

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by test123
    i'd like to see SE admit they won't do anything to windower/plugins users, or that they will make these features themselves and then start banning people after that
    I'd like to see you set on fire. Leave Windower alone.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphusRagnarok
    Why doesn't Chocobo Mazurka work in Al Zhabi and in nations of the past?
    Because those zones are dungeons, which is also why pets can be called in them.
    You're right of course, and I'm sure the developer's would give a similar answer ><
    The real question should be why were the zones flagged this way?
    Besieged and defensive campaign both mean that sometimes there will be enemies in there
    Why aren't they flagged like the normal zones that contain enemies, friendly NPCs, and allow Mazurka?
    Because that's just how SE does it :/ Cities of any sort are not outdoor zones. They had a choice between A and B, and they decided to choose B.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

;P

delete action ~

Old Merits
    BG Level

Wrong Thread Archimond

Aldaris

I'm sorry but when is the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Reapz
    You have a set date for the interview yet Bercus? I probably overlooked it somewhere but I couldn't find it
    Didnt see your post =X I'm curious as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Soon. .

Few questions/suggestion

Adjustment of Blue Mage Physical Spells to factor in Main Hand Weapon.
    Could you explain this one? Im having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly do you mean. Isnt the spell acc effected by the acc of the main weapon? Do you mean dmg rating? If so in what way do you mean it should be adjusted? And also how will that address the problem of blue spells falling sharply against things with High Def? Maybe a better suggestion would "Allow Blue mage physical spells to be enhanced by "attack"". I think that would be more significant then factoring dmg of weapon in main hand. It would also make Blue mage effected by BRD songs.

Incentive for Summoners to keep Avatars out for more than just Blood Pacts.
    I think this one is a little too vague. It leaves a lot of room for interpretation on exactly what these incentives should be. Basically the lack of incentive bowls down to Bad avatar acc, and bad avatar melee attack. So maybe split this one line into 3.
    *Increase SMN avatar melee acc
    *Increase SMN avatar melee Attack
    *Add Enspells to SMN Avatar's melee attack (ie: Ifrit has has Enfire on melee hits)

Job Traits for Pets.
    Maybe a little more specific since this is SE we are talking about lol. I know that Automaton, avatars, and bst pets are "pets". But lets not leave room for misinterpretation. How about "Job Traits for BST Pets, SMN Avatars, and PUP atomatons". I know you sai dyou would add suggestions under the notes later on. But ill give one now.

*Job Traits for BST Pets, SMN Avatars, and PUP atomatons"
    (for example and not limited to: "Double attack" for Ifrit, the Jug Lifedrinker Lars(maybe a full time bst woudl have better suggestion?), and Valoredge (though id rather have it for a real melee frame if they add one lol) automaton.)

Usefulness of less desired jobs in an endgame setting.
    I think you should also list the jobs

SMN
    Now that spirits are useful, will they be getting any spells / abilitys?

Now that SMN buffs are useful, are there any new ones that are being considered?

Are you still researching the ways for SMN's to keep avatars out other than for bloodpacts? Any word on adjustments to the existing bloodpacts themselves?
    Nice list of questions. But i think the last one without offering suggestions and being more speicific will get a "we will look into it" like before. Maybe word this question similar to the suggestion i made above. Like

"There are no incentives to leave SMN avatars out, only Bloodpact and dismiss. Can you please increase avatar melee acc, and attack? Avatar magical attack is very weak. Can you increase Avatar magical attack potency?

Avatar enhancing and enfeebling magic is very weak. Can you increase Avatar enhancing and enfeebling Abilities?"

Why does it have access to mage gear with no (Discovered) magical modifiers or natural MP pool?
    Good question, But i think you should also add if they can add PUP to more melee gear.
    "Why does it have so much access to mage gear with no (Discovered) magical modifiers or natural MP pool? Can you allow PUP to gain more access to melee gear other then Salvage?"

All in all I think at ALL COST we should avoid using the words "are there any plans...". Because if there were no plans going into the interview you are going to get just that. Asking "Can you please.." goes a long way in getting a decent answer, and even if its not the answer you want, the fact that you are asking for it, will make them atleast think about it.

That's all i can think of atm. Good job on the list.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Going through now and adding descriptions and suggestions to everything listed. If I missed anything, please let me know.

Got most done, I'll finish the rest tonight.

Old Merits
    BG Level

+Adjust current Dynamis/Limbus/Einherjar timers from 3 days wait to "Twice each Conquest Week" similar to the "Requiem of Sin" BCNM.
    What do I do then if we go Sunday after the Tally, then Wednesday again and then Saturday again? .

Imo just putting the timer down to 70 hours instead of 72 is enough for Dynamis.
    Making it possible to start withing the same time frame every 3 days.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    +Adjust current Dynamis/Limbus/Einherjar timers from 3 days wait to "Twice each Conquest Week" similar to the "Requiem of Sin" BCNM.
    What do I do then if we go Sunday after the Tally, then Wednesday again and then Saturday again? .

Imo just putting the timer down to 70 hours instead of 72 is enough for Dynamis.
    Making it possible to start withing the same time frame every 3 days.
    Dunno, I'll sumbit that question to Bercus to ask the developers. :bagel:

The Requiem of Sin thing was the only BC I could think of that was based on Conquest cycles instead of minimum day waits.

I agree that 70hrs would be a welcome change.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thanks again btw. I will sort a few things out for this Interview so it doesn´t look too much. If it´s too much the risk is high, that they won´t look at it. So I will probably give them the full list from you and a shorter one which they should focus on if possible.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I agree with the slightly shortened timers. SE seemed to "get it" when they set items like Signal Pearl to 20 hours and Empress Band to 16, but when it comes to big events they did not have the foresight to make the timers slightly shorter than the desired # of days.

I would like to see Assault Tags and Op Credits come down to 23 hours for the same reason.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All done with the list.

I went through the thread again just to make sure and I added a few things that I had missed the first time around.

this list is great. should pick the best questions out and ask them personally but also just print this whole list out and maybe just give it to them after the interview is over

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

would it be possible to ask them about changing/fixing/updating the claim system when soloing an NM on bst? myself, as well as many bst i know, have had the great unpleasure of soloing a hard NM down to low %s by throwing pets at it, then have some very 'rude' people come by and steal the NM when we are swapping pets. everyone knows the BST is probably the best soloer for NMs, and there are tons of people out there that will jump at the chance to take advantage and exploit this bty stealing an NM when the bst charms a new pet to throw at it. there have been many suggestions about how to 'fix' this, as in:
    0 if charm lands, the mob being fought does not unclaim, if charm fails, fair game
    0 having hate and the amount of hate it would take to get the mob to switch targets be proportional to the amount of damage a player, or pets under his control, does to the mob
    0 extending the length of time that a mob stays claimed by XX amount of time while charming a new pet. charm recast is 15 seconds, so if charm failed, and the mob stayed claimed for 15 or more seconds, that would basically give the player a fair chance to KEEP the NM they are soloing

just a suggestion about an issue nearly the WHOLE bst community has

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by seyton
    would it be possible to ask them about changing/fixing/updating the claim system when soloing an NM on bst? myself, as well as many bst i know, have had the great unpleasure of soloing a hard NM down to low %s by throwing pets at it, then have some very 'rude' people come by and steal the NM when we are swapping pets. everyone knows the BST is probably the best soloer for NMs, and there are tons of people out there that will jump at the chance to take advantage and exploit this bty stealing an NM when the bst charms a new pet to throw at it. there have been many suggestions about how to 'fix' this, as in:
    0 if charm lands, the mob being fought does not unclaim, if charm fails, fair game
    0 having hate and the amount of hate it would take to get the mob to switch targets be proportional to the amount of damage a player, or pets under his control, does to the mob
    0 extending the length of time that a mob stays claimed by XX amount of time while charming a new pet. charm recast is 15 seconds, so if charm failed, and the mob stayed claimed for 15 or more seconds, that would basically give the player a fair chance to KEEP the NM they are soloing

just a suggestion about an issue nearly the WHOLE bst community has
    Please don't take offense at this, just stating my opinion here...

If you can't kill an NM with your original pet plus a jug pet backup, chances are that this NM is pretty strong. If you were on any other job, would you be able to solo this NM?

I don't mean to hate on BST. It sucks that there are whole regions (plural) with no charmable monsters in them. I really don't think BST is treated fairly. But I don't think this is the answer.