Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Re: Party Priority for BRDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont
    Sometimes in a few Dynamis our WHMs runs low on MP because of the melee getting trucked a lot. Not sure who's at fault really. The one melee who WSs @90% of a mobs life or the WHM who uses Cure V constantly. The melee don't always WS @90% of a mobs life, but it happens occaisionally. Then they tend to whine because they get smashed by EES or a mob spamming TP moves.
    get melees who have a clue what about what they're doing. No offense to any SAMs reading this, but: let me guess this person is a SAM aren't they?

for xarcabard if you got 2 brd yeah: I'd go with tank + melee party assignment
    Yeah it's usually the SAMs who WS when a mob is above 90% HP in Dynamis. Don't usually see too many others doing it. If they kill the mob I don't care too much, but when they WS @90% and complain a tank can't hold hate and they die because of AoE Spam it's a bit annoying for a tank such as myself.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Deuciont, what exactly does your typical city / northlands dynamis configuration look like?

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

1 Tank Party: PLD PLD WHM RDM, 1-2 Misc. Jobs
    1 BLM Party: 4-5 BLMs, either RDM or BRD for refresh
    1 Melee Party: 4-5 DD, WHM or RDM(most likely need to change this)

1-2 Outside parties with misc. mages and DD

Normal amount of DD is 4-5 SAMs, 1-2 THFs, and sometimes a RNG and/or a WAR plus some other misc. DD. We use SAMs for a lot of stuff though. We're looking at no more than 8-10 DD for most events though. Also depends on if we have people change jobs for certain fights, but that's the usual dynamis setup. Tank party and black mage party setups are pretty much static for all LS events.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Don't give your idiot DD BRDs then. I go SAM/WAR and WAR/SAM and WS whenthefuckever I want but I tank 50% of the mobs and I am almost nearly fulltime Seigan.

Obviously this depends a lot on where the strengths of your LS lie, but for the most part IMO it's:

Any instanced event: DDs > BLMs > Tanks

- If you have strong DDs, they will not only be your primary damage dealers but also your tanks. They will need the most support both in MP (BRD in melee PT for their WHM) and in enhancing their damage for the best effect.

- Applies for just about all instanced events. Limbus, Dynamis, Einherjar, Salvage, Assault, etc.

3 King Fights, CoP Wyrms, Ouryu/Baha: Tank > BLMs > DDs

- If you melee burn, you would likely rank DDs first or second as assuming they're able to tank, it follows the same example as the first bullet in the above situation.

- If you manaburn, you would likely rank BLMs second. In most cases they can't work as sub-tanks, so buffing up your BLM PT and hurting your tank PT will just result in dead BLMs.

- For most strategies in these fights, your tank PT is always most important. If you have 3 really good tanks, you may be better placing the BRD with DDs or BLMs since they likely wouldn't need the extra padding a BRD gives. But, for most situations you're best to tank care of tank PT first. BLMs second since they're sometimes the most TP and damage efficient in some of these fights.

3 ToA Kings: Tank > DDs > BLMs

- Same reasons and format as previous, where if your DDs are able to tank you may find a BRD more suitable for them. However, often these mobs eat melees alive so you're best sticking with tanks.

- These mobs are much meaner to tank in general, so generally always want a BRD with tanks regardless of their skill.

And of course there are deviations, the above are just very general rankings. There is no set ranking for anything, it can change as the situation changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Don't give your idiot DD BRDs then. I go SAM/WAR and WAR/SAM and WS whenthefuckever I want but I tank 50% of the mobs and I am almost nearly fulltime Seigan.
    unfortunately there alots DD are idiots lol.

but for dynamis, usually cor go to blm pt, but if no cor will take the brd go to blm pts. Extras brds will got to DDs.

for limbus stuff, depends what we doing.

Just never put a rdm into a 5 blm pt. If so beaware that the rdm will watching you got wack by mob till death from now on >.>

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Suterusu
    I sleep with a Gjallarhorn at night and live in the tank party, unless it's a manaburn sea farm.

Being in a party with 5 taru BLM is like being at a daycare.

Agreed, even without a Gjallarhorn it is still like being at a daycare center..

Anyways, we just do Melee > Tanks > BLM unless its an actual HNM, aka not ada/KB... other than that shit doesn't live enough for you to bother...

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Do your paladins have no other jobs they can come on? We use war/nins as tanks and every other melee DD as /NIN and rarely if ever have problems. Bastok is the exception, as almost nothing there has an AOE, and /SAM or SAM/WAR is better received.

um... i think you would definately want your brd in the tank party in salvage(your tanks are usually DD anyway)

And just cause I found it funny, even tried to say it 5 times fast....

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    But, for most situations you're best to tank care of tank PT first.
    you're best to tank care of tank
    best to tank care of tank
    tank care of tank
    It was on purpose right?

Err, yeah, of course... Completely on purpose!