BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Colonelace View Post
    edit: reason why i want to know is because if i can save on not having to buy the 200k item then i can start finally crafting things at T1 without having to worry about needing more points to get it.
    It's been posted in other threads, but I guess not this one. All indications are that the stalls alone now give +5 skill. I wasn't the person who first made that claim, but I did have a friend test it. I never published the results, but they supported the +5 claim.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hmmm see now i would love to see that cus good lord GP are a drag to get and if stall alone was +5 that means i just need ring and gloves and im done with gp

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I only have Stall + Esmeralda in my MH for Alchemy and I get the Mega-Moglifcation and Tier 1 Ephedra Rings (99-100).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

this makes me happy now instead of needing 500k more points i only need 150k lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Skillup rates

Skillups occur on both main and subskills independently.
    Skillups occur even if if your enhanced skill (natural + synth support + synth items) exceeds the cap.

For any craft above your natural craft skill below 50:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not
    I am pretty sure this is wrong. I have much closer to a 50-66% skillup rate on successful synths when my real skill is >5 from the cap above level 60. With Advanced Support and Kitron Macarons I can push my success rate way up even when far from the cap, so this is really making skilling up to 70 nice and easy for me. It took me 30 synths to go from 64 to 66 Smithing.

If you think about the implications of this, you might understand why I'm only saying this now, lol.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I have always felt that the further you are from cap the higher chance at skill up on a successful synth. It seems pretty obviously for anyone who has done something like fletchings for 15 levels. When you are 10+ levels away and actually successful you generally skill up. However, once you get like 1~2 levels from the cap it seems to slow way down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always got the best around 2-3 from cap. Though could somewhat play with that based on day and such

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually did a lot of crafting a long way from the cap levelling Leather Sub recently.

Started both Tiger Leather and Coeurl Leather at 10 under the cap. Skillups on successful synths were still only 1/3-1/4 all the way through, however for tiger leather I actually was getting a few 0.3 skillups and a lot of 0.2s on successful synths at or just above 51. It certainly seemed that 50-60 skillups were no more frequent a long way below the cap, but when I did get one, it would be of a higher amount the further I was from the cap. 60-70 though (Coeurl Leather) were still skillups every 1/3-1/4 successful synths, but only 0.1s, even 10 from the cap.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I combined approximately a thousand Tier 1 synths (without a subcraft) and can exclude a 10% HQ rate for Tier 1.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/942...=1#post5380945

I favor the 1/2, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64 theory for HQs.

There is some evidence that synths with subcrafts have lower HQ rates (along with their higher break rates), but I'm not really willing to conclude anything because the exact GS subcraft for Velvet Cuffs is unknown.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Definitely agree with you. Whenever I really want a t1 HQ (ex. cursed Hauby) I always do batches of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    It might (or might not) be worth mentioning that one can get an occasional skillup via desynthesis. It is very rare, but I've seen .1's, .2's and one .3 synthing/desynthing spark daggers.
    I got about 5 levels of skill smithing from both desynthing quadav backplates and helms, after getting bastok fame of course. I also remember fishing up something and rabao and desynthing it for goldsmithing. So for me it was a cheaper way to skillup and got mats I could use in other synths.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

From a purely qualitative state, I would agree with the 1/2, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64 HQ projection. Barring desynthesis of course.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You got 5 LEVELS? you dont mean .5?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You got 5 LEVELS? you dont mean .5?
    It's entirely possible, but the synth number would be in the thousands. And I mean that seriously. I've de-synthed extensively for silver ingots and linen cloth. The skillup rate might be 1/100 de-synths.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I only have Stall + Esmeralda in my MH for Alchemy and I get the Mega-Moglifcation and Tier 1 Ephedra Rings (99-100).
    Do you also have a maxed out Aura in your mog house? I've been trying to figure out if i automatically get +5 skill... or if i need to max out the aura in my mog house to get the full effect. Anyone know?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No aura strenght doesn't matter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    No aura strenght doesn't matter
    Thank you. You just saved me the effort of having to make 9 green Almirahs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems like you can really get break rates down a lot now. Was trying a 77 synth at 70 with HQ support so 73 (so my base break rate should've been about 55% from the OP post but I don't think it was really that high) with kitron, the bayld ring that decreases break rate and ionis... small sample size I know but 15/15 success not too shabby

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I briefly suspected it was possible to push the break rate to zero flat- 300 avatarite synths with breakrate-ring/ionis/rusks before I saw my first break. 5 breaks in the next 300, so it's still riding a bit under 1% (I'm assuming a 5% breakrate as a base for over cap subcraftless synths generally). Tempting to try it with the force-NQ ring/macarons too to see how low it can go, just... not on avatarites, heh. Ring/Ionis is definitely a significant effect.

~600's still not a great sample size, but the HQ-boosting bayld ring plus ionis/rusks has the avatarite NQ rate at just under 72% when 75% would be expected, so it "probably" does something too. Handy items to have in the crafting kit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So the lvl difference to be able to attempt a synth is no longer 15. Was able to attempt Wolf Gorget at 12 leathercraft but couldn't attempt Leathercraft Kit 40 recipe then got nq support and could so 27 is the new max it seems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast