+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 490 FirstFirst ... 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

On the final day in Persona 4. Missed The Hollow Forest since I was about 2 ranks away with Marie before my S.Link was maxed though.

Damn the music during Winter though. My feels.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So What Are YOU Playing?

So, if I were to get into the Persona series, what would be a good starting point?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Persona 4 Golden. It was my first one and has easily become top 10 game for me.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hopefully you have his experience with it rather than mine.
    Hated it for the first few hours, started to like it and then just got bored with it. I can definitely see how some people might enjoy it and I did actually come off with an overall positive impression of it but I just have no desire to play it anymore.

The high school simulator is honestly the best part of the game so if you're into VNs and stuff I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The combat and growth systems were just unfun to me! P4G was also my first Persona, probably my last (if we're not counting Persona 4 Arena, which I do like.)

Persona games are slow starters for sure (and for average RPG players and those not used to SMT games difficult) but sticking with it is worth is because the characters and story are fucking great. The battle system/persona system is decent for an RPG and battles are cool but definitely not the main selling point/feature of this series.

I can understand not being into it because of the actual battle system but it's like any RPG with a great story and subpar battle system, just gotta get through it because there's a lot of gold.

Anyone playing the new Infamous? How is it compared to 1 and 2?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    So, if I were to get into the Persona series, what would be a good starting point?
    Like theshun said. Persona 4 Golden is a great start. Persona 3 FES is pretty good to, but not as refined a bit more grindly. Main difference in terms of dungeon progression is in Persona 3 your characters can get exhausted which IIRC lowers their accuracy and makes them more likely to be hit by a critical hit. The higher level you are the longer you can grind in a dungeon, but still gets annoying at the start. Whereas in Persona 4 you're only limited to your HP/SP.

Haven't touched P1 or the P2s yet, but I heard they're pretty good.

But yeah, I just finished P4 and got the true ending. Pretty fun game, but last fight was a major pain in the ass.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So What Are YOU Playing?

Is Persona 4 Gold just a remake of the PS2 version? I don't have a Vita.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just started Alan Wake and am already getting sucked into the story. Product placement is kinda lol.

Is Persona 4 Gold just a remake of the PS2 version? I don't have a Vita.
    Remake with added features/months. It's worth it if you have a vita and for some people even worth getting a vita for. Though the library for that sucker is growing quickly and is totally worth it nowadays I think.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Remake with added features/months. It's worth it if you have a vita and for some people even worth getting a vita for. Though the library for that sucker is growing quickly and is totally worth it nowadays I think.
    This. Considering you can play digital PSP games as well as PS1 classics on it you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'd also recommended Ys: Memories of Celceta if you're a hack n slash RPG fan.

Ridill
    BG Level

Persona 4 golden also changed a few things pretty drastically. How the cards work after battle and fusion changed quite a bit.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    This. Considering you can play digital PSP games as well as PS1 classics on it you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'd also recommended Ys: Memories of Celceta if you're a hack n slash RPG fan.
    If I still had to make a 3+ hour commute to work every day, I'd probably get a Vita. But the way thing are now, I'd probably never play it or get a 3DS if I really felt like I wanted a handheld. Had a PSP a while back and it seems like Sony hasn't realized that handheld games need to be made for playing games in short bursts. Also, if P4 Gold is so good, why hasn't there been a PS3 port yet?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, if P4 Gold is so good, why hasn't there been a PS3 port yet?
    Because it's a hell lot easier for Atlus to just release the PS2 version for $10 on PSN using Sony's "PS2 Classics" emulator/wrapper/whatever, which they did two weeks ago. Can't take those precious resources away from P5 now.

As for me, playing FFX HD which I've been enjoying outside of how badly the cutscenes with voice work have aged (just poor timing on everything in general, from the animations, to the line deliveries). Bit of cringe-worthiness there, but tolerable. Also playing Gex 2 because I thought that sounded like a good idea 24 hours ago (in hindsight, it wasn't), and because I never really played much in the way of PS1 games outside of the FFs and the REs.

Really didn't get a PS1 until super late with the PSone model release, at which point I was mostly gaming on the N64 still.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You still playing Torchlight II Kaisha?

Ridill
    BG Level

Playing Tokyo Jungle. Had some fun just messing around with it now I'm just grinding to unlock the raptor. I really don't understand why they did the story stuff the way they did.
    The story stuff is all a big tutorial yet the way they have you access it requires you to play a lot of the game to unlock it. Really annoying.

And every single time I start up the game it makes me accept the Terms of Service.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Playing Dragon's Dogma atm.

So many little things this game does wrong and the sidequests are an absolute chore on top of being incredibly bland, but fighting random Chimera and shit is pretty damn fun. Doing large portions of the sidequests at once since they're so awful so I can get long stretches of main quest/epic shit instead of having to take a break to do inane bullshit every 15 minutes.

I'm talking about the actual quests, not the Notice Board errands. Those are fine, as 90% of the time they get done just wandering around.

Ridill
    BG Level

Dark Arisen stuff is fantastic. It's like a single large dungeon with a bunch of fights randomly generated from a small pool of variable enemies.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Playing Tokyo Jungle. Had some fun just messing around with it now I'm just grinding to unlock the raptor. I really don't understand why they did the story stuff the way they did.
    The story stuff is all a big tutorial yet the way they have you access it requires you to play a lot of the game to unlock it. Really annoying.

And every single time I start up the game it makes me accept the Terms of Service.
    Yeah, the ToS screen and having to be online 24/7 for a single player game is a pain in the ass. It feels like it was meant to be a MMO but got scrapped later.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Dark Arisen stuff is fantastic. It's like a single large dungeon with a bunch of fights randomly generated from a small pool of variable enemies.
    Dark Arisen content is fantastic.