Page 408 of 490 FirstFirst ... 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dark Arisen stuff gets real after you beat the boss of the Dark Arisen stuff for the first time. So when you think you're "done" think again.
    Its still a great idea to do the main story and see the normal post-game though. DD post-game was that hotness and then Bitterblack was just even better when DA came out.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Dark Arisen stuff gets real after you beat the boss of the Dark Arisen stuff for the first time. So when you think you're "done" think again.
    I don't even want to know how many hours I've sunk into farming DA content. There was a four month span where it was the only game I played.

As to what I'm playing currently. Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the PSP. I picked up the third one but didn't realize my memory stick was less than 1gb. So I can't install the English patch on it. Had to order a bigger one off Amazon.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    You still playing Torchlight II Kaisha?
    Not in the past couple weeks. It's something I still want to beat eventually, at least before Blizzard releases a Diablo 3 battlechest. Been wasting a lot of time going through the X-Files series on Netflix which doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    And every single time I start up the game it makes me accept the Terms of Service.
    I hope you're not scrolling to the bottom every time. Tapping the left/right direction buttons should bring up the confirm.

Lost some interest in FFX because cutscene cutscene cutscene, I just want it to open up already, but I'm not at the Calm Lands yet.

Been enjoying Tales of the Abyss. Got it recently for 3ds, and outside of wanting to murder the blue rabbit thing, I'm teetering on whether or not I like/hate the main protagonist, because he seems to be the only character self-aware of the anime tropes surrounding him between all his bickering.

The free-run ability in combat feels broken compared to what I'm used to with Symphonia. It removes any need to guard or hop-back on everything I've encountered 4hrs in; you can run in circles and stall for a caster to finish a nuke, or to spread enemy groups out to run in on just one to do an artes combo, then get some distance.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finished all but like 2 sidequests in Dragon's Dogma (that I'll get access to after more main quest progression), pretty much a straight shot to post-game and Dark Arisen now.

Thank god for that. It already picked straight up with the Griffin mission. New enemies, new area.

I've figured out what the problem is with the side-quests. They don't add anything of substance to the game. They're all literally running errands in areas you've already been to (with like 2 exceptions). They don't introduce any interesting lore aside from "hey there's this cult thing," "here's a wedding ring" and "Pinocchio is a real boy(girl) now." They don't even introduce hardly any new enemies either. Off the top of my head there was 3, and one of them was a mini boss. Absolute garbage.

Also like WHAT THE FUCK AM I EVEN DOING? THERE'S A FUCKING DRAGON I HAVE TO KILL. The main quests have even been pretty nonsensical in the scope of there's a goddamn dragon running around burning shit and I'm gathering evidence for a trial about a rich white guy for fraud. They don't even make sense in a "we're preparing you to fight a dragon" way.

The pacing of the game is so goddamn horrible. But god dammit fighting a griffin is cool.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Unfortunately most of the side quests are garbage. They are really only good for building influence with people that you want as your romantic interest. And even then that is easily sidestepped by giving them gifts.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, in one sitting last night did pretty much the last third of the main missions, beat the dragon (which was epic), and then proceeded to go through all 16 Everfall chambers (17 with the story one). The Archhydra fight was amazing, although are there even regular hydras in the game? The one you fight at the beginning never even makes an appearance again. Evil Eyes are cool too. Seriously though, fuck Hellhounds. And fuck that one Lich that summons Skeleton Lords AND Hellhounds. And the room with the Gorechimera, Chimera and Lich that summons Hellhounds. Holy fuck explosions everywhere.

I fought online Ur-Dragon at level 52, didn't even shave anything off his health but didn't die, so I'll come back to that later. I'm assuming that even the offline one is too much for me at my level. Oh also, fuck moving around in the Everfall. I did the chambers in order and half the time it's impossible to get to the very next one from the one above it, so you have to go all the way back down and through again. They should have just made each chamber have an exit down to the next one, on top of the way it is now. I don't understand how this game can get so many little things wrong but have the major things be so good.

I must have had to go get new pawns after 80% of the chambers because at least one of them would always disappear for no reason, I can only assume it was petrification.

Moving into Dark Arisen stuff now, I'll figure out what I want to farm from Everfall later.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Speaking of Dogma I recently got in to it again but I'm confused on main story missions. I never had anything pop up except side quests. So I'm doing DA stuff @39 w/ 2 infinite level pawns to help kill shit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    So I'm doing DA stuff @39 w/ 2 infinite level pawns to help kill shit.
    Weak.
    Unless one of those pawns is mine. (Alexandra)

And actually, that reminds me... I do need to play more and do some gear upgrades from her. After I beat DA 3 times my interest kinda tapered off and there's actually a lot more loot I need to collect to perfect her setup.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I gotta check next time I get on and see. Only doing DA stuff cause I don't have a fucking clue where to go on the main land.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    The Archhydra fight was amazing, although are there even regular hydras in the game?
    Yes. There is one but it's kind of far into a series of job board quests. I don't remember which board quests, but you fight the hydra int he locked off section of.. Shadow Fort was it called? the fort located near the Drake.
    Pretty sure this is a pic of it lol. I see a goblin anyways.
    Spoiler: show

I really want to play the game again, but so many other games to play. And last I remember I restarted completely fresh before quitting so I'd have to play through most of the boring stuff again.
    I should really stop looking through my old pics saved in my bg bucket
    Spoiler: show

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So What Are YOU Playing?

Final Fantasy XIV. Barely a week in and I'm already hooked. I think the biggest draw for me was the overall presentation and aesthetics. XIV feels like an online final fantasy game where XI just felt like a MMORPG, peppered with final fantasy references.

One thing that kind of strikes me odd is that summoners have always been my least favorite job, but somehow I've gravitated towards arcanist. It's just plain fun melting mobs with a flurry of DoT spells while my summons provide backup DPS. Not sure what I'm going to do stat wise when I inevitably play scholar, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I think my only complaint thus far is the lack of voice chat. and the inability to move/resize the chat log. Hope they resolve both in future updates, but it's more of an inconvenience than something that's going to drive me to quit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think one of the biggest peeves I have with Dragon's Dogma is I see how much better it could have been on PC. Disregarding obvious graphical improvements and shit like the draw distance on mobs and character models being more than 10 feet, the sheer number of improvements that could be made via the modding community would be a sight to behold. They could do wonders on the absolutely atrocious menu system.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I think my only complaint thus far is the lack of voice chat. and the inability to move/resize the chat log. Hope they resolve both in future updates, but it's more of an inconvenience than something that's going to drive me to quit.
    You have to click on the bottom of the chatbox and drag. Click one of the 3 tabs that you start off with to move it.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Yeah, in one sitting last night did pretty much the last third of the main missions, beat the dragon (which was epic), and then proceeded to go through all 16 Everfall chambers (17 with the story one). The Archhydra fight was amazing, although are there even regular hydras in the game? The one you fight at the beginning never even makes an appearance again. Evil Eyes are cool too. Seriously though, fuck Hellhounds. And fuck that one Lich that summons Skeleton Lords AND Hellhounds. And the room with the Gorechimera, Chimera and Lich that summons Hellhounds. Holy fuck explosions everywhere.

I fought online Ur-Dragon at level 52, didn't even shave anything off his health but didn't die, so I'll come back to that later. I'm assuming that even the offline one is too much for me at my level. Oh also, fuck moving around in the Everfall. I did the chambers in order and half the time it's impossible to get to the very next one from the one above it, so you have to go all the way back down and through again. They should have just made each chamber have an exit down to the next one, on top of the way it is now. I don't understand how this game can get so many little things wrong but have the major things be so good.

I must have had to go get new pawns after 80% of the chambers because at least one of them would always disappear for no reason, I can only assume it was petrification.

Moving into Dark Arisen stuff now, I'll figure out what I want to farm from Everfall later.
    If you're on PS3 add me Brillcs. You can take my pawn out. As to farming Everfall it's really only worth it to get Hydra items. Everything else there is easily surpassed by DA content.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nah, Xbox 360. Beat the offline Ur-Dragon last night with much frustration. Took me like 6 attempts to do it. 2 and a half of those were spent on the wing tip hearts. Bitch would not sit still. I need to go kill some Wyverns now because I have 2/3 of the Tears that increase item droprate. As for farming, I'm just doing whatever I think is fun atm. I'll move on to DA after I get some levels and a ton of money. I wish that the wiki had a better layout for checking armor stats, or even a section for armor that has bonus stats.

Right now I'm wearing all the gear that I've found that gives +Strength (+33 total I think, Gold Belt, 2 Swordsmen pieces, Chainmail Bracers) and my pawn has all the stuff that gives +Magick. My pawn actually looks nice, but my main character looks retarded.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    You have to click on the bottom of the chatbox and drag. Click one of the 3 tabs that you start off with to move it.
    Thanks, I'm so used to not using a mouse for FFXI that I actually forget that it's there. Been looking up guides for macros too. Really digging the <mo> targeting placeholder. If there's ever a way to keep track of debuffs on multiple targets via the HUD, I'd be in business.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So What Are YOU Playing?

Grabbed a couple of games during the PSN flash sale. Probably won't touch them for a while since I'm balls deep in FFXIV. Going to have my first job by next week.

Ridill
    BG Level

I got the second DLC for Muramasa. The character plays just as differently as the cat character from the first DLC did from the base game and the bosses are different, but aside from that everything is the same. Same music, same levels, same enemies. It was easy to forgive in the first dlc but i'm really feeling the repetition this time and I'm going to have to think really hard on the 3rd DLC before buying it if they do the same for that one, which I'm pretty sure they will.

edit: Holy fuck that dlc was short. 2 bosses and about 1 hour of playtime. Yes, I know I can beat all the bosses of the game all over again but i'v already done that twice with the base game (both characters) and a third time with the first dlc character. I'm not doing that same ass shit again with a 4th.
    Lame. Don't buy.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Thanks, I'm so used to not using a mouse for FFXI that I actually forget that it's there. Been looking up guides for macros too. Really digging the <mo> targeting placeholder. If there's ever a way to keep track of debuffs on multiple targets via the HUD, I'd be in business.
    There's a "focus target" function that lets you mark a single mob to always track, shows their HP, buffs/debuffs and if they're channeling an ability, but aside from that you can only have one other target showing. Was only really notably useful for certain bosses where you might be switching/losing target often though.

As for me... dived back in to Warframe recently and I just... can't stop playing it, lol. Game got so much better since I last touched it, way more tilesets/maps and the new frames, weapons and modes they've added are fucking sweet.

I dunno whether to be proud or ashamed of this, I can't even attribute much of it to idle time, since I tend to close the game when I'm taking care of other shit.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Man you play that shit so much LOL