+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 490 FirstFirst ... 363 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 463 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Doesn't look too bad. Been awhile since I played it on PSP so I can't really compare.

Though yeah, it's weird this works just fine on my Vita, yet PSN wouldn't let me download it directly to it.

BG Level

Ys IV: Dawn of Ys -Beat the game. Last boss was a hell of a lot more annoying than the ice murmor.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Just got to the tower after I become a bracer guild member.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Just got to the tower after I become a bracer guild member.
    I liked this game so much on PSP! I'm definitely buying it soon to just support the release because I'd for us to get the sequels

BG Level

It is a pretty fun game. I love how it feels like a mix of a turn-based RPG and a strategy RPG.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Definitely loved that too. I've got Estelle set up kinda like a PLD. She tanks everything and has heals/revives. Josh takes heavy damage but he dishes out punishment like no other in my game.

The others I kinda swap around for the situation. Estelle as a tank is so boss with Provoke and Hurricane though.

BG Level

I'm kinda like that to ATM. Might change further down the road but never know.

BTW, are there any other RPGs with a system like this? I love how it feels like a FFX/FFT hybrid.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have a ton of games collecting dust in my Steam library, looking to start polishing them off at work. I get anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours of downtime so I need a game that I can drop at a moments notice. Not sure what order I should play them in or prioritize them, and I just got a new wireless Logitech PC controller that I would prefer to use, so games that work well with controllers would be great.

Here's a list of what I have on steam:

AC4
    Batman Arkham City GOTY
    Batman Arkham Origins
    Bioshock Infinite
    Borderlands 2
    Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon
    Metro 2033
    Skyrim

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man, I don't know if I like any of those games for "dropping at a moments notice". Infested Planet, on steam, was a good pick up and play game that I could also drop quickly; don't know if you want to add to that list though lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you want something you can drop at a moment's notice, sounds like you really want a turn-based game of some sort if ya ask me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished ME3 recently.

Trying to go through Bayonetta now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Finally settling down and playing ME3. Long overdue, and unfortunately I don't have access to internet for the 360 so I'm going through it vanilla. Excited though!

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Man, I don't know if I like any of those games for "dropping at a moments notice". Infested Planet, on steam, was a good pick up and play game that I could also drop quickly; don't know if you want to add to that list though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    If you want something you can drop at a moment's notice, sounds like you really want a turn-based game of some sort if ya ask me.
    Was really hoping to clean out my steam library, tons of games I've never touched or haven't finished. So much money rotting in there. Didn't wanna buy something new.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Replaying Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
    I've already done a LLG before but I'm doing one again because I have a specific team in mind for the end of the game and I don't have my old saves.

Matthew - Chaos Lord (2 Venus, 7 Mars)
    Karis - Wizard (2 Jupiter, 7 Mercury)
    Sveta - Gladiator (2 Jupiter, 7 Venus)
    Himi - Master (4 Mars, 5 Jupiter)

I have a feeling I can push Himi to be 2nd highest damage dealer... behind the obviously broken as hell Sveta.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's your take on Dark Dawn?

Finished the first game, debating on going through the second one (or continuing Dark Dawn..did like the first dungeon).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Its mostly more of the same... but slightly worse in nearly every regard except for character classes.
    Its far too easy unless you restrict yourself (though all of the GS games are easy, Dark Dawn takes it to a whole other level of easy) and the dialogue is still as wordy as ever.

Its definitely not one of my favorite games but playing with Djinni is still fun. Sveta is a beast (literally) and Himi is adorbs so I'm playing it anyway.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been playing Skullgirls with some friends/co-workers lately. I'm not particularity good at the game, but I'm managing a few wins here and there by relying on my general fighting game knowledge. Aside from X-Men Children of the Atom, I could never fully get into the hyper fighting genre until now. With everything done so right, the only thing I would really be able to add is the ability to save your team/colors/custom assists, but with everything else done so right, it's not a huge deal breaker for me. I might get some DLC just to support Lab Zero.

BG Level

Got to the first chapter in Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Haven't had time to play it since I'm getting back into GW2 since there aren't any MMOs out/coming soon that really interest me. That and thief is surprsingly fun as hell.

Also playing CS:GO during my down times when I'm not in the mood to practice for the next TF2 competitive season, but holy crap I suck. I can't snipe/hip shot with rifles and am a mess with shotguns. Anyone know how to not suck at the game?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Anyone know how to not suck at the game?
    Kind of long;

Each gun has its own static recoil pattern; the bullets spread the same way each time you fire. You just have to spend some time mag dumping the weapons you use into a wall at various ranges till you’re satisfied with your grouping.

Move as little as possible when actually shooting, the accuracy penalty whilst moving is much more severe in CS than most of the other popular FPS games. You can however strafe from side to side and shoot 1-2 rounds at the peak of each strafe as you’re technically standing still whilst you change direction (you will just need to watch the crosshair as you’re strafing and learn the timing). Crouching increases your hip accuracy and is useful for “long range” engagements in which you have the jump on someone (someone failing to check off long A properly on Dust 2 for example).

Get into the habit of pieing corners with your crosshair at head height.

Learn the maps; camping/choke points and which walls can be shot through (wall banging).

You can locate and be located by footstep sounds very easily in CS so try to quiet walk as often as possible when there is a chance of an engagement.

Movement speed is dictated by what weapon you have in your hand, there are lists out there with specific values but you move fastest with the knife out and slowest with an AWP or M249 (actual slowest).

The AK and M4 are good places to start learning recoil with as they’re 2 weapons you will probably be using a lot.

To note; if the terrorists take the first round, most of them will have AKs in the second so spend money accordingly (i.e. don’t waste it on stuff you probably won’t keep/want for the third) and if you happen upon an AWP that you can pick up towards the end of a round and keep, pick it up. Even if you don’t feel as though you can use it well, let your team know you have one and drop it for one of them at the start of the next round, free AWPs dabestAWPs.

As is the case with most FPS games, once you have your recoil control at a decent level start trying to refine it by aiming for the top of the torso and letting the vertical recoil kick the shots up into targets head. This should result in you spending less money on ammo and sustaining body armour over multiple rounds as the increased kill speed reduces the amount of returning fire.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by c-wire View Post
    Crouching increases your hip accuracy and is useful for “long range” engagements in which you have the jump on someone (someone failing to check off long A properly on Dust 2 for example).
    Crouching isn't really encouraged in general though since it places your head's hitbox closer to your body.

That said, I also suck at CS:GO. Main thing I've learned to do was play with a good pair of headphones. Being able to discern where enemies are based on their footsteps helps a fuckton for firing through walls/objects or expecting an ambush.

BG Level

Copy of Metal Gear Legacy Collection came in and tried the very first game on the MSX platform. I'm not patient enough to do stealth.