+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 490 FirstFirst ... 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Still have played Peace Walker yet since I decided to play them in the order they were released but I can see why one of my friends has so much respect for Kojima. I really can't find much of a flaw with the games gameplay wise except for a few hiccups here and there, but the attention to detail and easter eggs more than make up for it.

And yeah, there were so many good moments in the epilogue I can't choose a favorite.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Playing Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and just hit 4164/41930 on the ranking list.
    Top 10% baybee and still climbing!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

nigga, you ranked in titty ninjers? awww shit

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yap! Its starting to get rough when I get in a match with a Daidouji player (curse that DLC) because she is bar-none the best character in the game.
    I spend the whole time doing nothing but worrying about just staying away from her LOL

Fortunately I am pretty damn good at evading damn near everything she can throw at me but other people in these games don't seem to be too keen on playing the runaway game from her so they just end up feeding her a bajillion points super fast. I really really hate being in games with that character. If anyone bothered to make a tier list she would be S++ tier and there wouldn't even be S+ S or A tiers. S++ and th en straight to B tier just so you could understand the gap between Daidouji and the rest of the cast lmao.
    Super high endurance, high health, so much fucking damage. The only thing she's lacking in is speed and that's the reason you can play the runaway game but if the player is good at leading you and hits you with one of those fireballs that can be game too. I've learned how to get pretty erratic when fleeing though so I guess I can thank people who play her for that much.

Quote from a dude that I played against last night with regards to the character (and he was the one using her)
    Daidoji: Now this, THIS is the absolute god-tier character of this game. Huge health, nigh unbreakable armor and hits like a 400 ton truck. Charge triangle is so strong that it basically one-shots any frail character. IF - just if - by some miracle they survive, it still launches them so you can mow them down in seconds with her Aerial Rave. As if it was not enough, it still gives her a ton of meter.

Aerial square (hold) also launches and deal unholy damage, though not as much as triangle (hold). The range of her common square attacks is deceptively huge, and you won't get beaten on 1 on 1 like ever due to Daidoji's insane endurance. N1 has a bit of a messy hitbox and isn't that good IMO. Now N2, this is the thing you want to use. Starts up immediately after inputting the move and deals massive damage, plus has a pretty decent hitbox in the vacuum effect before the punch. It can easily mow down whole groups of players, and you feel like you kick ass when you do it. I think she's the only character who can reliably kill Miyabi.

I'd argue her slightly below average speed is her one flaw, but when you pack such ridiculous damage output, this is not really an issue. I managed to win every match I played Daidoji effortlessly (even against a player that had like 200k BP) and got kicked out of rooms a lot - can't really blame the players though. The only hope one can have against this character is to ignore her and go beat the other players, while hoping the Daidoji doesn't catch up and rip you apart.
    Aside from that character, I think deathmatches and team deathmatches on this game are just hella fun. Its imba as shit and shouldn't be taken TOO seriously but its still the most fun thing I've played online in a LONG time.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I finally started going through my backlog, albeit slowly. Played a few hours of Dark Souls last weekend, but it didn't grab me immediately so I moved on to Tomb Raider (to cycle back around). Tomb Raider so far has been awesome. I really wish I had played some of these games earlier. I still have ME1-3, the Arkham series, Dark Souls, and some indies to play.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Started playing MGS PW. It's... interesting to say the least.

Payday 2 from a spiff with fandango for seeing John Wick. Hilarious game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Forgot to mention it here but I'd been playing Ace Combat 5 and I absolutely loved it.
    Highly recommend.

Also got back into FFXIV at some point and I'm slowly but surely getting caught up.

Still hopping on Shinovi Versus online and getting addicted to Imu's theme 'cause I've been playing her a LOT lately and transform ASAP when I play Imu.

I also seem to be just about the only Imu player as well. Maybe that's why I'm tearing people up with her, no one seems to have experience against her.

Ridill
    BG Level

Playing binding of isaac rebirth. Game is still lotsome of fun, but seems way easier than the original game

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Looking for recommendation and this seems like a decent thread for it. Finally hooked up my PS4 controller to my laptop and can now play on my TV with a controller. Looking to burn through some of these Steam sales games I bought. Which one should I start with:

Ass. Creed 4, Deus Ex: HR, Dishonored, Fallout: New Vegas, Metro: Last Light, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider, The Witcher/2 (do these work with controller?)

AC4 and Tomb Raider are good casual games to be played on the couch with a controller. Dishonored and M:LL had their moments of fun, but Dishonored gets the edge for the gameplay. I still have Deux Ex and Fallout to try...

To be honest, I got pissed off after about 10-15 hours on The Witcher 2. Combat and animations wore me down, but, IMO the storyline and characters are pretty overhyped. Everything felt really convoluted or shallow. Even reading some backstory before playing did nothing for me.

Valkyria Chronicles is waiting on me next and I know I won't be disappointed.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I am thoroughly enjoying Tomb Raider when I get to play it. I would certainly recommend play it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Just got freedom wars. Not much time to play but I think I am just getting past the tutorial and it seems like a lot of fun.
    How much time have you put into this by now, dejet? I just picked it up last night and I am pretty impressed so far.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

About 10 hours in. Had to put it on hold till after my finals... I started to notice that I had a hard time putting it down after I started playing it. So I cut myself off lol.

Its a really addicting game that makes you just want to go right to the next fight.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Currently playing Smash Bros on 3DS, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS Master Quest when I am not at home and have spare time to play. Other than that, started to get into FFXIV:RR, and the Valkyria Chronicles port on PC is also very nice.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tea L'euphorie
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

On 3DS: Pokemon Omega Ruby!

On Vita: Picked up Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax while I was in Taiwan, maining Asuna right now :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

While you were in Taiwan? What were ya doing over there, friendo?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tea L'euphorie
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

visiting family :D I was born and raised in Taipei :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tea L'euphorie View Post
    visiting family :D I was born and raised in Taipei :D
    Oh, neato! Well, welcome back to wherever you are now anyhow and hope you enjoy the games! I was kinda lookin at that Dengeki Bunko game since its got a couple of characters I know and like in it. (Leafa being assist only hurts my heart).
    I hope you're enjoying it!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Picked up Yumi's Odd Odyssey for the 3DS since it was on sale, and I've been meaning to play an Umihara Kawase game for quite some time now.

Game is kicking my ass, and some of those backpacks are really notorious to get + clearing the stage without dying.