Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah just what I heard, but haven't had a chance to play either of those. Xillia is pretty legit, I got Graces F for $12 on a PSN sale but refuse to touch it until I complete Xillia.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Get that shit outta here.
    Now I'm curious, as I thought Destiny remake was pretty good/fun.

For me nothing beats Abyss though. Vesperia was the last one I played and I watched most of Xillia and Graces (my fault for thinking 360 had a future for JRPGs). I liked Vesperia on the whole but it felt like you were playing the game wrong/slow if you controlled anyone but Yuri or sometimes Raven.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Well I got Skyrim's UIs to work. Turns out after I last played it, Steam disabled them all for whatever reason.

Forgot how fun the game is. Just wish I could get my levels/sneaking up faster so I can almost one hit everything in the game with a dagger again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Tales of Vesperia definitely has the best protagonist from the games I've played. He actually does the gritty shit we want a main character to do sometimes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He also has the best sidekick.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just got GTA V for PC and it runs like a slug.

Had to order more ram just to play it >_>.

BG Level

Picked up Ys VI off Steam today. Past the first boss. So far it feels a hell of a lot easier than Felghana was.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Nightmare says otherwise. With Adol being so limited in his offense and defense, shit was rage fuel.

BG Level

Okay I either went to the wrong spot or this game just jumped in difficulty. Trying to find Ur in the northern plains and went to Grana-Vallis Mountain. I got slaughtered real fast by exploding rocks.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Okay I either went to the wrong spot or this game just jumped in difficulty. Trying to find Ur in the northern plains and went to Grana-Vallis Mountain. I got slaughtered real fast by exploding rocks.
    lmfao wrong place, but that place is still a fucking nightmare, you have exploding rocks, flying monsters and like 4 other kinds of monsters all over the goddamn place. I hate that dungeon soooooo much.

BG Level

Actually it was the right place. Ur was there, killed boss, got fire blade, all that badassness.

Thankfully the Steam edition gives you a warp item which from my understanding wasn't present in the original versions. Would have been a pain to climb all the way down that mountain just to temper my blade.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Currently playing the Walking Dead. Hmmm not bad actually even though it's not much of a game really.

BG Level

It's more of an interactive TV Show than a game, but the story makes up for that IMO.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Almost done with Divinity: Original Sin now... It's been such an experience I almost want to play it again. But alas, must play Pillars before Witcher III hits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Speaking of all this Tales talk, I recently picked up the 10 dollar deal on the PSN for Xillia and Graces f and started with Graces...
    Now the only Tales I'm basing myself off of is Vesperia as it's the only one I've played, but i'm enjoying the shit out of Graces. Fun battle system, story had some holy shit moments but maybe Tales fans are used to this sort of thing? Not sure, but a lot of scenes took me by surprise, especially early on during the childhood arc.
    I'm currently in the future arc after beating the original's final boss, enjoying it a lot still even though I noticed this game is getting a lot of hate online.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

man I need to get back into that. I really loved Graces. one of the best battle systems in the series, and the characters/story weren't too bad for a Tales game, other than a few of the same old storytelling tropes (I never got to the big Sophie reveal but even by the time I got to Pascal I was like COME ON. I KNOW YOURE HINTING AT SOMETHING. JUST FUCKING TELL US WHAT SHE IS ALREADY)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    one of the best battle systems in the series, and the characters/story weren't too bad for a Tales game
    Huh?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Graces is one of those games I've found some people like to vehemently hate on.

It ranks in the top for me simply because of the Masked Barona.

And Malik Beam.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I remember that when it came out - it got a lot of hate. so you can imagine my surprise when I finally started it on PS3 and loved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Sheep View Post
    Huh?
    I do not know what your "huh" means.

I'm just confused. Blindsided by Graces getting such high praise, especially for its story by someone who has apparently played other entries in the series.
    Of course everything is subjective but having played the other games in the series I would have to wonder what would make people think that or that the story was good or presented well in relation to the other games.

And so I guess it would be prudent of me to ask; what, in particular, was it that made you feel that Graces had a combat system that was one of the best or that the story wasn't bad for a Tales of?