Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: The gimp/confused/wtf player thread IV: No NQ Amemets here!

No but seriously, it's either to see your reasoning when it's put into perspective.

New Merits
    BG Level

black tiger fangs!

Feielle

My BLU has NQ Amemet mantle, because its been in the 60's for about 8 months now. I also rock NQ sun rings, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna wear AF hands and feet in any type of party situation. There's the "confused and wtf" part of it right there. Yeah, I'm cheap; I'm not stupid.

BLM and SMN are my mains, probably the only 2 jobs I'll actually ever have at 75, so my time and gil goes into them. Probably better that way, since I'm a more casual player and cant afford the time/gil to equip 8 or 9 lv75 jobs.

Its all situational, but I know I'll probably be wearing something stupid and show up in here someday.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Farmed Amemet before it was taken over by RMT. Ahh the days. I'm still using the gear I bought from those long farming sessions. (Pluto, enf torque, ele torque, astrals and who knows what else)

unless you are thf or rng using amemet +1 for ratt, then if you really wanna be technical then take HQ amemet out of the question and get a forager's

Quote Originally Posted by Feielle
    My BLU has NQ Amemet mantle, because its been in the 60's for about 8 months now. I also rock NQ sun rings, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna wear AF hands and feet in any type of party situation. There's the "confused and wtf" part of it right there. Yeah, I'm cheap; I'm not stupid.

BLM and SMN are my mains, probably the only 2 jobs I'll actually ever have at 75, so my time and gil goes into them. Probably better that way, since I'm a more casual player and cant afford the time/gil to equip 8 or 9 lv75 jobs.

Its all situational, but I know I'll probably be wearing something stupid and show up in here someday.
    oh, i'm sure my blu61 could out gimp you. it wouldn't even be a contest.

imo, NQ str rings for a blu while lvling isn't gimp. it's sub-optimal to be sure, but not gimp. some people just don't value the job or don't have time or space or otherwise to kit it out exactly perfectly and i don't object to that. that's fine, and i can empathize. the problem is when people clearly don't understand at all. the guy wearing the bushido cape instead of an NQ ammemet. why?! or the person toting around an HQ haubergeon and an NQ ammemet (outside people who own a forager to ding into, ofc.) this shows that they don't lack time or determination to get finery, but they do lack the common sense to get the most effective ones. oh. and the domaru sams. they never get old. ^^

Gunitsoldier

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...lypseGun/4.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...lypseGun/3.jpg

Ok this could be for the looks but I just couldn't resist posting a domarruuuuuu.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...pseGun/2-1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...lypseGun/5.jpg

Dunno wtf ^this was but it was during campaign, melee'ing.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...lypseGun/1.jpg

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

All this was within an hour of each other aswell. >_>

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

when it comes to back pieces, HQ amemet gives some of the biggest bang for your buck out of all the endgame back pieces available

HQ Amemet = STR+2 ATT+15 RATT+15
    NQ Amemet = STR+1 ATT+10 RATT+10

Thats a 1 STR 5 Att 5 RATT difference for only ~199k more (buying the HQ is practically like equipping an extra back piece)

compare this to:

Foragars = STR+3 ATT+15 (About 1mil more than HQ amemet for 1 str and -15ratt)

Cerberus Mantle = STR+3 ATT+12 Fire resistance+10 Enmity+3 (Same cost as foragers, and really only tanks can justify the NQ over amemet+1)

Cerberus Mantle+1 = STR+4 ATT+15 Fire Resistance+12 Enmity+4 (Literally the best of all worlds here, no RATT+ but most jobs dont need it... but your going to pay 10million+ because of how rare it is)

sure its allot more expensive than a NQ amemet, but it compares with equipment thats priced in the millions, and when you buy a Domaruu+1 and a NQ amemet and wonder why evryones laughing at you...

well ive got some tickets for the pool party on the roof of the school, only $40 each but ill give them to you for the low price of 35 :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've been cheap about getting a foragers but I just bought one for like 450k more then the price of an Amemet which I still think is a bit much for 1 STR but whatever.

assburgers
    BG Level

I got Forager's for about 490k over HQ amemet too, why? Because it looks better to me.

I got HQ amemet because it's just that much better than the NQ, I made sure I had it after the few other bang/buck deals were in my pocket, Hauby, Woodsman (kept a venerer cause I was about to finish CoP for Rajas, I know... I'm so embarrassed), Chiv, Bomb core, HQ amemet, build from there.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tormentormike
    Beadeaux farming Old Quadav's for the Quadav Helm quest was how it was done back in the day, 900 gil each was just sex!
    Thats exactly what I did after they took Astrals out of Coffers. Quadav Helms + Mithra Scimitar (when it was 100k+), made a good amount of money.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    oh, i'm sure my blu61 could out gimp you. it wouldn't even be a contest.

imo, NQ str rings for a blu while lvling isn't gimp. it's sub-optimal to be sure, but not gimp. some people just don't value the job or don't have time or space or otherwise to kit it out exactly perfectly and i don't object to that. that's fine, and i can empathize. the problem is when people clearly don't understand at all. the guy wearing the bushido cape instead of an NQ ammemet. why?! or the person toting around an HQ haubergeon and an NQ ammemet (outside people who own a forager to ding into, ofc.) this shows that they don't lack time or determination to get finery, but they do lack the common sense to get the most effective ones. oh. and the domaru sams. they never get old. ^^
    No, it's gimp.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shonin
    Well fuck that. I'm not making ~500k for what... 1 STR, 5 ATTK, 2 ACC? I'm sure you all dinged with Haubergeon +1, Woodsmans +1s, Amemets +1's, swift belts galore. This community is all elitist bastards. I farm for weeks for 600 fucking k for items I think will improve myself just to get told off and laughed at by some random person with 7 level 75 jobs and is in endgame 80/168 hrs of the week. Seriously.
    If anyone is being arrogant it's you. Do you realize back in 2004 most of us didn't even have a lot of good shit but even then in terms of today's prices it's not hard to fucking get gil. You want to know how I afforded my 1st Haub on my DRK? I was level 60 at the time and had just gotten that sexy Scythe Weapon Skill.

I was wearing Royal Knight's Chainmail and some crappy DEX rings *lol at me* but I decided then and there to stop bullshitting around and lived in BCD off and on for 3 weeks doing these.

http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/...kTigerFang.jpg

Fang Fucking Finder for Life. Stop making excuses for people being too fucking lazy to stop exping their jobs long enough to farm the gil to get better gear. idc if you don't have a Life Belt, Rajas Ring, NQ Staves or any of the fancy Rare/Ex shit, this thread is lined with people being retards wearing shit that has really 0 effect on their job at all.

Even I roll my eyes at some people for example having a Stage 5 Relic, Aers Body or Morrigan's Robe which costs a shitload of gil to obtain and they're running around with some common 8 to 10k gil piece of gear. When people see someone like that they wonder where the fuck their priorties went to.

Myself? I'm still 3/8 HQ Staves but I'm farming more often now and making gil to ungimp myself since I'd gotten a Dalmatica for my RDM. Yeah if anyone takes a SS of my RDM I'm sure the NQ staves will be lulz but I can take it in jest because I've functioned decently for a long time without HQ.

Getting HQ staves means I'll be able to do my job better. There are people who really exist on this game that just do not get the idea that if you're wearing shit that makes no sense, *yourself for example* then you're going to get mocked.

~S N K

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Whoa whoa, since when did everyone go on attack mode? I apologized for my reaction, and I now understand why what was said was said. Dude, money isn't a problem, I make money by EXP'ing, it's just worth. And also.... how would accuracy and attack from the amemet/venerer not improve myself as a hybrid tank ? The idea is more hits = more hate so... So you are suggesting that accuracy won't help me make hits? That attack won't help increase my hate gain?

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whoa whoa, since when did everyone go on attack mode? I apologized for my reaction, and I now understand why what was said was said. Dude, money isn't a problem, I make money by EXP'ing, it's just worth. And also.... how would accuracy and attack from the amemet/venerer not improve myself as a hybrid tank ? The idea is more hits = more hate so... So you are suggesting that accuracy won't help me make hits? That attack won't help increase my hate gain?
    Going to assume you're a PLD so I'll go with the cookie cutter response. Most PLDs have only a few major concerns, Enmity, Defense*lolVIT* and or HP. In a lot of end game fights you won't be expected to as a tank to do a ton of DD damage like Nidhogg, Tiamat, Aspid, Khim, ect.

imo people will care about your ability to keep and hold hate no matter what. On a few fights you won't even draw your weapon outside of maybe TPing for a Spirits Within for an inital hate spike at the start but other then that I only cared about Accuracy and Attack on my PLD when I EXP'd it and even then I didn't put that much priority into it.

It really just boils down to what type of mob you're fighting in terms of how well you can effectivly tank it & hold hate. Finding your balance and being able to be the guy that keeps the mob glued to you from 100% to 0% is what most people care about.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm talking about for exp, and I know there's not a point in attempting to do damage on HNM, hybrid tanking really only applies to tanking 59-73 or so... and im only level 63 btw >.>

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier
    That JP LS has some other pretty /huh shit going on, they also have an Excal/Sentinel Shield PLD and a Togi+1/some gimped shit I forget MNK. Not really sure if they're transfers or something b/c only one of their members I've ever heard of prior to this weekend, and over the course of maybe 6 hours on Saturday I ran into like 12 members of theirs every 10 minutes it seemed.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I still wear NQ amemet lol. I tried to get the best gear I could elsewhere for my thief though. I also farmed and bought 2 haubergeons. I suppose I should farm another couple of weeks for that, huh?

I haven't taken any screenshots since I've had to play on my 360 lately, but the past two thieves I've had to party with were like wtf. They both had SH+1s, but crappy gear elsewhere. The first one wore the AF bonnet and AF pants to TP, and the other one TP'd in the AF pants. Neither had attack earrings that I could remember, and I'm unsure about which rings.

assburgers
    BG Level

If it takes weeks to farm 200k, you're doing something very wrong.

I'm talking farming yagudo feathers to NPC them for 6 gil a piece wrong.

I worked out that with no TH, just using /Sam for killspeed, brutalizing bugards without competition, I could do something like 40-50k/hr with a little luck on HQ skin drops, and 30 free inventory slots.

If it takes you more time to farm less with TH3~4, I really wanna know what you're farming.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm talking about for exp, and I know there's not a point in attempting to do damage on HNM, hybrid tanking really only applies to tanking 59-73 or so... and im only level 63 btw >.>
    In exp the basics are easy enough if you're a PLD. Full AF is a must have. Having none of that =s you'd be in this thread. There are some cheap alternatives to exping PLD around your levels. Maybe some Drones for an AGI mod to Shield Skill or a Buckler Earring if you can afford it.

Parade Gorget is beyond awesome for the Auto-Refresh it gives. Life Belt if you don't have a Swift Belt. High Breath Mantle for more HP or an A-Mantle NQ or +1 if you wanna do more attack and damage. Can't think of too much else atm since I'm in the middle of a misson but I'm sure people will chime in with their "Cheap but effective ways to exp PLD" comments in a few.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast