Thread: Store TP calc, AMIRITE?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Store TP calc, AMIRITE?

So I put together a quick MathCAD sheet comparing the amount of Store TP I needed for my PUP, using Waghs and Hades as my primary two weapons. The calc looks right to me, but I am quite confused since it doesn't appear to match up with what I experience in game. Here is a SS of the sheet:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...s_Waghs_TP.jpg

1. Do the formulas/calculations/roundings look right? Floor(x, 0.1) would cut the truncate the answer to the tenths place (this is what I use for the TP/hit calcs), while Ceil(x) rounds up to the nearest integer (I use this function to determine the number of hits/ rounds to 100).

2. One very obvious example to me is when using Waghs in game, my Howling Fists (using 14 Store TP on WS) are always 12 returned TP, with 13 on a Double Attack. By this equation, I show that I should be seeing 7.2 per hit on the WS, which should return 14 TP normally and 15 on a Double Attack.

I'm asking your help, because with all the new Store TP options available to PUP via Enkidu and Cobra sets, I'm interested in optimizing my TP build. Granted, I rarely get to play PUP outside solo/lowman; I still want to think my gear sets through completely.

Notable Store TP gear that I have to work with right now is:
    Chiv Chain (1)
    Brutal Earring (1)
    Rajas Ring (5)
    Cobra Mittens (3)
    Usukane Sune-Ate (7)

I'm looking to possibly trade Cobra Mittens for Cobra Subligar, allowing me to use Fencing Bracers or Enkidu Mittens/Usukane Gote in the future. I want to make sure my calculations are accurate, so I know what Enkidu pieces are worth the effort.

Re: Store TP calc, AMIRITE?

ffxi calculator has a store tp calculator as well.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    ffxi calculator has a store tp calculator as well.
    Was it ever patched for the delay/TP correction changes from way back? I wasn't sure, so I was trying to build my own.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just quickly glanced at your formula for Base TP and it looks like you're dividing base_delay by 2 before adding weapon delay. You should be adding weapon delay before dividing by 2. So in the part where it says you're getting 6.2 TP from Hades, you should really be getting 5.6 TP. Same thing on the Wagh side. You have it at 6.4 TP when it should be 5.7 TP. After that if you apply 14% Store TP to your Waghs for WSing you should get 6.4 per hit or 12.8 for 2 hits.

I'll read the rest of your question in a minute and see if the gear you mentioned would help in the way you're wondering.

Edit: Ok so I looked at the rest of your calculations and it looked like you were trying to get combat rounds to 100% TP down to 7? I think that might be unreasonable with the revised amount of TP you actually get, but if we look at the math for getting combat rounds down to 8 (7 post WS) it would look like this:

100/16 = 6.3

So you'd need to get 6.3 TP per fist.

6.3/5.6 = 13 or 6.3/5.7 = 11

For Hades you'd need 13% Store TP and for Wagh you'd need 11% Store TP. Of course if you're getting 6.3 TP per hit while TPing, you'd build up to 88.2 TP and would thus only need your WS to return 11.8 TP. This means 5.9 TP per fist during WS which would be either 4 or 6 Store TP depending on the knuckles.

If you really wanted to get down to 14 hits or 7 combat rounds to 100% TP, you'd need 27% Store TP for Wagh Baghnakhs or 29% Store TP for Hades.

Honestly I never believed the formula I saw on the wiki for TP calculation since it didn't match what I saw ingame for both pup and monk... But anyway it's easy to check what you get wih Hades Sainti : puch 10 rabbits, you get 56 TP, thus 5.6 TPs per hit and 11.2 per round. It's not more than 6 because the first punch never gives 6.

without store TP you need 18 punchs (9 rounds) to reach this. (5.6 / punch)
    with 6 stp, 17 punch(9 rounds) (5.9/punch)
    with 13 stp, 16 (8) (6.3/punch)
    etc