Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iBitch Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

iBitch Thread

Anything you wish to discuss about questions go here. Try to include the Page of where to find the original question. Remember I am still no fan of making jokes about SE who makes it possible that we get Interviews.

So try to remember this while dicussing:
    (no whut, no you suck, no your questions suck, no your retarded ect)
    (no Ferrari red stuff, no Sage Sundi jokes, no xyz sucks stuff, no SE can s*** my d***, you get what I mean)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Concerning LD's Chocobo Raising question:
    The last part is moot, since one requires a license for all Chocobo riding, whether it be for renting, for riding with a whistle or for Hot and Cold. The only thing not requiring the license are the races, since one doesn't race oneself.
    And, yes, I know that from personal experience with a licenseless mule.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    Question 3
    When is this supposed DirectX upgrade coming? Can PC users expect any form of new features?
    Just to comment on this. They said that it was "too much work" to do.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    question 4:
    no Outpost warp movalpolos. why? lol this always gets me mad... i think this is the one without the outpost warp. if not fix it to the right zone(s)
    Just to answer this...there is no outpost out there, and probably never will be. It is similar to sky in that it only gets a flag when someone actually controls it. Nothing more.

A. Body
    BG Level

Actually, it's not moot. If what you're saying is right, what I said would be redundant. Moot means subject to debate and facts cannot be debated.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Actually, it's not moot. If what you're saying is right, what I said would be redundant. Moot means subject to debate and facts cannot be debated.
    I'm sorry that English is only my second language and my grip on some words therefore a bit shaky. My dictionary gave moot as an alternative to hypothetical and irrelevant, which in my opinion fits, since that part of the question is irrelevant to a possible interview (as it assumes something as fact that isn't fact).

A. Body
    BG Level

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure it isn't, since I heard otherwise from word of mouth just as I'm hearing it from you. But I have no means of testing it myself and most people already have a licence also, so pointing out a flaw in such a minor issue is a moot point (meaning since it is immaterial and irrelevant to the main point, it is mostly academic rather than practical and is used mostly for the sake of making an argument (read: statement.) Q.E.D.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Question 1
    Einherjar had a adjustment to the way the monsters link, was the dev team aware that full potential from certain jobs are now somewhat lost?
    Example: A summoners Astra Flow potential is now lost due to all monster not linking.
    ......!

Solution for you : Just pull all mobs, if some don´t link, go back and pull everything and voila you can Astral Flow.

Even with that change Einherjar is for many Linkshells still hard enough but finally possible.
    I won´t complain about that for sure.

DAKPluto

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi View Post
    Question 3
    Is there any plan to use seemingly useless items such as cactuar needles, doll gizmos, Nidhogg's scales, the Glory Crown, and the majority of Cardian cards?
    Nidhogg scales have a use. They make a garunteed Dragon Mail +1. Granted, still not the best use in the world, but it is still a purpose.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

That's just a rumor as far as I know, and fairly sure i've tried the synth in the past. Nidhogg scales have no use at all, not even to make a guaranteed mail+1.

Add in ixion horn as another useless item, and the over abundance of khimaira tails/horns due to an extreme lack of star sapphires.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    That's just a rumor as far as I know, and fairly sure i've tried the synth in the past. Nidhogg scales have no use at all, not even to make a guaranteed mail+1.

Add in ixion horn as another useless item, and the over abundance of khimaira tails/horns due to an extreme lack of star sapphires.
    I think they are adding a synth for ixion horn next update like they did with cerberus claw. Everyone threw away cerberus claw cause it didn't have any use then SE released hades santi then every HNMLS regret throwing them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun View Post
    I think they are adding a synth for ixion horn next update like they did with cerberus claw. Everyone threw away cerberus claw cause it didn't have any use then SE released hades santi then every HNMLS regret throwing them away.
    Same happened for Hydra's fang if I remember correctly. Then it was used for that regen neck piece.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think it's good that these question suggestions are starting to sound like real interview questions, asking where the developers are taking the game, what changes they think are needed, while still offering player input. Instead of forcing suggestions and demanding hints and changes, like previous interview threads where all that would come of a majority of the questions is, "Wait and see. I don't know. Can't say anything about that now."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

cerb claw was originally for bow, added in sainti. Hydra scales were originally for hydra armor, added in orochi nodawa later, fangs always made snakeeye. Still, a few more uses for khim shit would be nice -.-

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Just to answer this...there is no outpost out there, and probably never will be. It is similar to sky in that it only gets a flag when someone actually controls it. Nothing more.
    the reason i ask about this OP war is, well this area is not like sky. it is an area that is open to anyone in the world. there is no god saying you can enter. i understand why sky has no op warp how can the people of the 3 nations place a outpost in an area where they cant go?

this area is open to everyone and this is the reason to ask id think.

Sagacious Sundi

the reason i ask about this OP war is, well this area is not like sky. it is an area that is open to anyone in the world. there is no god saying you can enter. i understand why sky has no op warp how can the people of the 3 nations place a outpost in an area where they cant go?

Well, you can kinda say the same thing for Movalpolos. If the 3 nations went into Movalpolos they'd get gang raped by a bunch of angry Moblins and sweaty bugbears because they're not on the same G status as us adventurers.

(But in all seriousness, I get what you're saying and agree.)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Question 5
    The AV video was anxiously awaited and then, frankly, led to utlimate disappointment to many. While a way to break the regen of AV was reveiled, the cryptic use of 2-hour abilities by the players in the video still remains a mystery. We have been told "everything we need to know is in the movie"; however, the community is running out of resources and the will to try and test any additional theories due to the nature of AV's popping conditions. Would there be any possibilities of supplimental "hint" movies or an uncut verision of the original video? We realize the later would be quite the long movie, but the community has yet to see or have described to them a full AV fight in any way, shape or form and such a release would be graciously appreciated by us all.

if we did ask this, i beg you to give them the option of giving all major forums the video and not on their web page. that way its not slow as hell like the last video...

Old Merits
    BG Level

A quick update for all of you.

Due to the big Interview from GameWatch, then also the upcomming Premium Site Summit and the Games Convention most likely sucking a lot this year with the E3 being so close before it I will probably not go there this year. But the main reason is this :

so far it looks like the FFXI team won't be
    attending, but if this changes, I'll let you know.
    Chances I will go this year is very low.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ffxi team becoming very lazy

know why?

ffxi's lifespan is shortening, that's why

probably has 3 to 5 years left

Relic Horn
    BG Level

A few days late, but your answer to why there is no outpost in Movalpolas is simple: all zones in the region are dungeons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all outposts in the game exist in field areas, rather than dungeons:

Lufaise Meadoes
    Cape Teriggan
    Xarcabard
    Beaucedine Glacier
    West Ronfaure
    Jugner Forest
    Valkurm Dunes
    North Gustaberg
    Eastern Altepa Desert
    Pashhow Marshlands
    Qufim Island
    Meriphataud Mountains
    Sanctuary of Zi'Tah
    Buburimu Peninsula
    West Sarutabaruta
    Yuhtunga Jungle
    Yhoator Jungle

There, every outpost in the game. I realize I didn't have to list them, but it was a self-check thing too to make sure I wasn't wrong. <_<

Back to the interview discussion. :D