Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

War is coming! (Warhammer Online) September 18th

The release date for Warhammer Online was finally released today, and the release date is a lot sooner then I had expected it to be. Anyone else plan on playing this when it comes out? I'll have my preorder ready and be ready to jump into the head start program for pre-orders. (Basically you get to play it 3 days before anyone without a preorder).

http://www.warhammeronline.com/press...s/20080805.php

I'm also looking into start a guild from members of the FFXI community and some friends from other mmorpgs. I'm going to be working on getting a ventrilo server and website up and running. For now, please post here with your interest in the guild. It will be a Destruction guild and the server will obviously be announced at a later time. At the moment, I hope to get started on Open Beta for anyone interested.

Guild Website:
    http://www.hydracorpsguild.com/forums/index.php

Groovebox

I'll be playing it... got my pre-order as well. If a handful of people are going to be playing it, we should start a BG guild.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ooo, never got into the beta in the end but kept tabs on it and it looks very promising!

Cat

Very tempted to get this. If you find me a place to preorder the CE, I'll jump in with you 3 days early and play

Oh, I don't know much about it though. Seperate NA/EU servers? PvE/PvP servers? Which would you be playing?!

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox View Post
    I'll be playing it... got my pre-order as well. If a handful of people are going to be playing it, we should start a BG guild.
    I've been considering starting a guild, but racking up interest with my friends has been difficult as most of them are preoccupied with some other mmorpg.

Groovebox

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I've been considering starting a guild, but racking up interest with my friends has been difficult as most of them are preoccupied with some other mmorpg.
    Well, I'm sure there will be a handful of people on here that are at least going to try it. We can just plan on starting one when it gets closer to launch to get a feel for how many will be playing. I'm a Mythic fan, DaOC was a great game and hopefully they can bring some of that charm into WAR. Are you thinking Order or Chaos? I'm up for either.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Will be rolling Destruction 99% sure of that. I'd want to get something organized sooner then later so I could get a website running and such. I have webspace from my dead FFXI ls I could take over if I needed to. Might buy a new webspace to have more freedom with choosing a guild name.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Me and 2-3 friends might give WAR a shot. Would also be interested in a Destruction guild.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Just got my pre-order box from putting 5 dollars down. Open Beta is a go whenever it starts!

Groovebox

Just got my pre-order box from putting 5 dollars down. Open Beta is a go whenever it starts!
    It is supposed to start around Aug. 15th =) I'm excited, I ordered the CE in March!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My bf got into the beta and the game seems a lot of fun. We really want to play when it comes out. So we'd gladly join a bg guild since bring with people is more fun than trying out on your own.

Small thing I was trying to find. Do you know if their going to allow character transfers with th eopen beta? Ivaguely remember FF doing something like that. Since I've played around with the close beta, I don't need the open one if it's just going to end up deleting my character anyways. But if they do some sort of transfer it'd be worth it to start with the beta.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Can someone explain to me what all the hype over this game is about? The gameplay and descriptions I've read don't sound like anything significant enough to warrant the hype, but maybe I'm missing something significant. I'm not trying to be contrary I really am curious because nobody ever says what about the game is good, they just say "OMG WAR, dude!"

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Open Beta characters will not transfer over to the live game. But preorder customers get to start 3 days early.

As to why the game is hyped up so much, it's actually about WAR. Great pvp combat, and the fact that you can level up solely off killing other players is highly appealing to people.

Also, anyone interested in forming a guild should join onto bg irc chat so we can pick and name and get a site up and running and stuffs. :D

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Open Beta characters will not transfer over to the live game. But preorder customers get to start 3 days early.

As to why the game is hyped up so much, it's actually about WAR. Great pvp combat, and the fact that you can level up solely off killing other players is highly appealing to people.

Also, anyone interested in forming a guild should join onto bg irc chat so we can pick and name and get a site up and running and stuffs. :D

Well I saw a video on their website and the PvP just looks like WoW without jumping/movement I guess you can't move during combat in WAR ?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

can't move? what do you mean?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm very excited for WAR, been following the game for a while and I know it's gonna be awsome. Also, here is some info posted by mbj about closed/open beta, ect... if you got the CE pre-ordered plan to get into the CB next week :D

Oh yeah... if BG is gonna make a guild I'm definantly interested if it's gonna be made on a pure PvP server. And the PvP isn't stagnant once in combat, there is just collision detection so it's harder for ppl to just run around casters and auto-melee em (like they do in WoW).

And Magus... a lot of the hype has to do w/how the game look/plays now. 6 months ago it was shaping up very nicely but still had a ways to go... so while it was looking good, a lot of people were still complaining and there was some negative press regarding "if they can really pull it off." As of the last 2 months the game has come together extremely well (based on press previews of current WoW fanboy players and the little bit of leaked info) and it's official become a unique game thats diff from WoW and the rest of the competition. Check out the podcast I linked below, it will fill you in on what the RvR really is.

1) Our launch date of September 18th is indeed official. Last week I had said that this week’s news wasn’t going to cover the release date but some things came together just a wee bit faster than we expected (and how surprising is that?). Plus, with the retailers announcing the date (though some did put in the wrong date), we felt that we owed it to the community to announce our release date a little earlier than planned. Coordinating all the partners, retailers, etc., is as usual, *interesting* so we made the decision to announce the date today. As always, that date is still dependent on the remainder of beta going well, but as of this morning we are still on track for the 18th. As to why it’s on a Thursday, in order to ensure a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe and Oceania, we determined that Thursday was the optimal day and date. Coordinating a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe alone is quite challenging and because we did not want our European customers to have to wait even a few days longer than those in North America, we chose Thursday as the best possible day of the week to launch.

2) As to the subscription pricing, this subject has been debated continually since we announced the development of WAR. We have been very upfront with the community about our willingness to charge more than what is the current “established” MMO subscription rate, just as we did when we launched DAoC. We have seen lots of polls, heard lots of comments and after much thought and discussion, we decided to keep prices on the same level with the competition. We know that the vast majority of the community will be happy with this decision so we’re happy to be able to do this for our players.

3) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, I’m pleased to announce that we will be holding a special “Preview Weekend” in addition to the normal Open Beta. Those people who pre-ordered the CE will be given priority entrance into the PW. You will need to download the client (of course) from one of several download options, none of which will require any additional payment of any kind. Once the CE buyers have had their chance to register and download the client, we will allow our Closed Beta testers into the PW as well. We would like to have around 100K people load testing and playing the game so depending on how many CE purchasers sign up for this, we will invite other people into the PW as well.

4) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are extending the Head Start for the pre-order CE (not the SE) buyers by at least an additional day as an added thank you for buying our CE. Just as with the PW, no additional fee will be required to play in our Head Start.

5) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are pleased to announce that we will also be inviting our pre-order CE buyers into our Closed Beta test starting next week. There will still be some hardware spec requirements (but they are much lower than our current requirements) since we are still in Closed Beta but we expect that the vast majority of our PO CE buyers will meet the lowered requirements. We gotten a lot of feedback from the community on this point over the last few weeks asking for this and we are now going to make it happen.

6) Regarding the start of OB, we are still working out all the details and when we are 100% locked into a date, we will be happy to confirm it unequivocally. As the history of MMOs has shown, a bad OB can hurt both the long-term and the short-term the success of a game just as surely as a great OB can help the game succeed and we need to make sure that we are ready for OB on the day it begins.

7) Regarding the NDA lift, we hope to lift the NDA next week, one month before launch. I wish I could lift it right now but as I’ve said elsewhere, we need to take care of a three issues before the NDA is lifted. One has already been taken care of and I hope that by the end of next week, the other two will be taken care of as well. Once we lift the NDA I’ll go into more detail as to what the issues were and why I wanted to hold things up. The remaining two issues are not earth-shattering by any means but when I explain things, I hope you’ll understand why I wanted to wait another week.

Mark

edit: those who are still a bit upset about the cuts made to the game, or just curious about the RvR, check out the latest podcast linked below. If it doesn't answer your questions and make your excited, then i dunno what will.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...7_podcast.html

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

That is fucking hot. :O

Groovebox

I think overall, RvR in WAR is gonna be hot, especially since you can level up by killing other players. It seems that it's more about your team than it is for yourself... You WILL be able to loot other players, however the loot tables are based on your class and rank... so imagine becoming a high-ranked "NM", someone kills you and gets some sexy loot! EDIT: FYI, the loot doesn't actually come from something you have on you. You lose no items or gold when killed.

I think that Mythic knows that they can actually get people to participate in RvR instead of making it a PvE carebear fest... which usually just turns out to be a solo grind to level cap. However, there will be be PvE and Raids, etc... and one of the cool things they are doing is the trophy system... wearable trophies!

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/de...s/Trophies.php

I don't know much about the Warhammer IP, but from what I've read and heard... it kicks all sorts of ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Don't forget everything in the game is "living." I'm not in the beta so I only understand it based on what the press or dev's have revealed. And I doubt you can fully realize it until you see it for yourself... but it sounds like an evolving mmo where, depending on the current tide of war, things aren't gonna always be looking the same on subsequent visits.
    But it also doesn't sound like there are "X" amount of molds for each zone/city/what-not.. So people aren't gonna be all like, "well ive seen all the different ways the zone can look."

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Updated OP with some info on starting a guild.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast