Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 154 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Its the image he spawns in the avatar fight I think.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Its the image he spawns in the avatar fight I think.
    Yep! There's little Odin ones too.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Since SE must account for players who may not have certain expansions installed, mobs are sometimes duplicated across directories. One such one is 1/156/17.DAT. If that is not the one you are looking for, the diremite model should always be 464,752 bytes, which will help you find them anywhere else they might be hiding.

Ragnalibur related (no peeking til you finish yours noodles)
    Spoiler: show

I am also working on the feminine unkai domaru that was requested, but it's taking a bit more time than expected since I'm going to have to get creative to come up with a solution that both looks right and is efficient.

Technical explaination for Noodles's offhand problems:
    The entry for Darksteel Jambalaya in the model viewer listing he was using was actually for another race which had a skeletal number assigned to it that happened to match some sort of one handed weapon Mithras (Mithrans?) use. It's impossible to tell the difference between offhand weapon types without close inspection using special programs, but it's somewhat rare that these issues end up causing problems since they work fine for creating avatars and such.
    is there a download link to that awesome Ragnarok?...also would be cool to Excaliburfy Apoc haha

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle View Post
    is there a download link to that awesome Ragnarok?...also would be cool to Excaliburfy Apoc haha
    I don't think there was ever a download link to it, although the texture was posted. All you need to do is convert it to a .dds file using gc3 and then bounce it out to mqo and back to DAT after replacing ragnarok0.dds with the new one in Model Viewer.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i guess i should get to reading to make sense of any of what you just said hahah

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone know what ROM9/7/88 DAT animates?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So i wanted to post an image to you guys and get your opinion on what i feel the Caladbolg should really look like. Please tell me what you think. Also a link cause I know on this site the updated lists for model viewer are available. some one could point in the direct of those that would be great.

About 30 pages back Kuya? posted armor effects. I liked the Drk armor one. If you could PM me about it I'd be very greatful!

Love what i'm seeing on the page. See you guys around.

I guess I need a few more posts. I'll get them Soon. Talk to you guys later!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

If you post a partial link (remove the http at the start for example), I'll fix it and repost it so it shows as an image.

Don't post-spam to 10 posts, that's the easiest way to get temp banned on your first day.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here's an updated take on an old favorite, Soul Calibur Complete which includes an aura effect around the sphere as well as a frost effect on the blade taken from Borealis. More swords to come later on today or tomorrow, mostly repackages and never-releases though, like the excali-ragna-rofl.

download, all races

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ok, that's pretty awesome. Good job on that!

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The much-demanded but Strom too lazy to port until digging up Radec's porting tool Excalibur-themed Ragnarok:

download, all races

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was just gonna have a conversation I don't have an intention of getting banned but thanks for the info.

Your Suggestion doesn't seem to work. The picture is loaded into my BG bucket. If that helps

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedOnyx View Post
    I was just gonna have a conversation I don't have an intention of getting banned but thanks for the info.

Your Suggestion doesn't seem to work. The picture is loaded into my BG bucket. If that helps
    Here you go.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Awesome! Totally awesome thank you!

Comments, suggestions, feedback

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It would seem to be that you used the original Caladbolg as a base, and then heavily modified the shape in Metasequoia using the inner/outer blade to your advantage to create the illusion (from this angle at least) of a red crystalline blade with a black core reminiscent of Saber Alter's black Excalibur from FSN. It's a neat design, but you would need to up the resolution or anti-alias the pattern if you want to pull it off well, red on black tends to get bad compression artifacts and at present it looks visibly pixelated.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Storm. I appreciate the input. I was honestly just adjusting metasequoia like you said. What tools do you recommend using to increase the resolution. I also am very new at this. So advice on how to do the things you recommend would be greatly appreciated. Interms of the coloring I just colored the bmp texture on the sword. Can I increase the resolution by redrawing the whole image. Or is there an easier way.

Thank you for the input.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In order to increase the resolution you'll need to use VRS, Kohan has a bunch of tutorials archived here which should help you with that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    The much-demanded but Strom too lazy to port until digging up Radec's porting tool Excalibur-themed Ragnarok:

download, all races
    so these are epic but when i changed the male elf one it goes on my hip rather then my back haha any idea why?
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ps16d33ef9.png

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Out and about at the moment but I'll take a look into it when I get back, probably flubbed the single-byte porting somewhere... happens every time when I don't bother testing all the files :/