Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 154 FirstFirst ... 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Question. Is there a guide to adding any aura to weapons or armor? Been looking around for months, probably looking in the wrong places or searching the wrong things. I don't really want to be handed everything...I'd rather learn how to do it.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Mooshywooshy's blog has a bunch of stuff on hex editing. There are like 7+ posts on the subject but the first two are probably what you're interested in.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New version:
    http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/other/AltanaView20130708.rar

Changelog:

Mobs:
    Spoiler: show
    Wamouracampa
    Gnole (x3)
    Antlion (x2)
    Mandy
    Baby crab?
    BST pet crab?

Gear:
    Forefront Flute
    Forefront Blowgun
    Forefront Cesti
    Ichijinto
    Ichijintanto
    Forefront Labrys
    Forefront Scythe
    Hunahpu
    Xbalanque
    Ixtab
    Forefront Scepter
    Voay Staff
    Voay Sword (Greatsword)
    Tamaxchi
    Uk'uxkaj Cap
    Buremte Hat
    Chocobo Masque
    Chocobo Suit
    Rustic Maillot
    Buremte Gloves
    Rustic Trunks
    Uk'uxkaj boots

To do:
    *Sort through effects. (I don't wanna)
    *Identify if there are dats to go along with the chocobo suit and swimsuit or if they use the old ones.
    *Identify which old skins the other new gear/weapons use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have some questions I'd like to ask someone about editing textures and this seemed like the best place to post. Specifically I want to know if it's possible to edit a texture(s) that are part of a zone's dat file. Is it possible to do that and if so how? Do I need a plugin or program that will extract specific textures from the whole dat and then inject it back in?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out myself using changetex.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Anyone have a no-glow dat swap for diablos? I've found mods for all avatars except him.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It looks like some kind of counter, which means I'm going to have to figure out what it is and emulate it properly before I can release anything that uses it.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that FFXI uses a blowfish cipher. The counter you are seing is probably a layer FFXI uses for connection management. I dont know how bots do packet injection, but they might use FFXI's own networking routines using hooking to bypass the cipher.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Any good Thaumas Coat mods out there?

I like the design/colors in general, but there's just something about the shoulders and sleeves that makes me furious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have been hoping to find a dat mod for Geo AF pants for mithras. Im not such a fan of the hot pants and knee pads. I know the Af isnt actually released til tomorrow but I think i have seen them in the dats already in altana viewer. What I was wanting tho was to change them to actual pants like the hume or any male gets. Is that possible at all?

mithra GEO pants rom/291/112.dat

hume male GEO pants rom/286/88.dat

ugh i just noticed they gave males longer jackets too

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New version:
    http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/other/AltanaView20130824.rar

Changelog:

Gear:

Geomancer Head
    Geomancer Body
    Geomancer Gloves
    Geomancer Legs
    Geomancer Feet

Runefencer Head
    Runefencer Body
    Runefencer Gloves
    Runefencer Legs
    Runefencer Feet

Gorney Morion
    Gorney Haubert
    Gorney Moufles
    Gorney Brayettes
    Gorney Sollerets

Shneddick Chapeau
    Shneddick Tabard
    Shneddick Gloves
    Shneddick Tights
    Shneddick Boots

Weatherspoon Corona
    Weatherspoon Robe
    Weatherspoon Cuffs
    Weatherspoon Pants
    Weatherspoon Souliers

Glinting Shield / Beatific Shield

Note: The new Geomancer gloves (305/23) for Galka are the same .dat as the old ones (291/121).

Note 2: There is an additional .dat for Chasuble (306/45) for only Hume M.

Edit: I also posted some screenshots of the new gear over at FFXIAH.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33...wer/3/#2451350

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kohan sent me here. So I am re posting here to see if it can be answered.

I have AltanaView and I want to look at and find different weapon .dat's. It has a list of weapons there but I can not open just random .dat's from the ROM folders. I have the most recent updated one that is linked here it will not let me view random .dat's just what is already in the pre made weapon lists.

Is there a better .dat viewer than AltanaView?
    Is there a way to make AltanaView display every .dat?
    Is there a list of all the .dat's and what they are somewhere?
    I have searched around and can not find much of anything.
    What do the data miners use? Or will that not show the graphic of weapons just the item information?

I tried EWH, ffxitool, Modelviewer, and VRS and none of them work. VRS starts up and asks for a user name and PW and I put in what the site told me but the error codes are in jiberish symbols so they do not help.

I want to find the .dat for Qatsunoci +1 and change it back to my Gungnir.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

1) depends on what better means. all the viewers generally have the same functions.. but AV probably is the most comprehensive because of the various tabs, background, etc. some don't like it because the lighting is harsh.. idk.

2/3) yes. all you need to do is create a list that includes every single dat in the game. but based on AVs existing framework, you'll need to create the list yourself.
    The list probably doesn't exist, but all you'd really need to do is create one yourself based on the folders in each rom folder. The max number of files per folder is 128, so you could simply create a running list of that sort.

dats are not sorted according to what they are, but general rule is that all equipment models will always be in ROM (1) because your game will display it whether or not you have an expansion. same goes for pretty much all dats that deal with elements that "cross expansions".

In every new update, what happens is dat miners will snuff out the new files per update and go through them to find new stuff like equipment models and enemies. I dunno about how others do it, but when I mine graphics, i do it manually.. so its not particularly easy to do and its easy to miss certain things which are less obvious.

For what you want to do, you could simply identify the dat used in the NPC weapon menu (the dat number is listed on the bottom) - weapon models are shared unless they add animation effects like glow (then it has a different dat) and manually swap it with the one used for Gungnir.

edit: forgot to mention, THX KRIZZ! I LOVE YOU FOR UPDATING LISTS.

since you're the main man for updated lists, might it be ok if i send you random lists of things that can be changed or corrected so all future versions will have it too?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ok how do I create a list for my self? And then how do you go view that list? I see nothing in AV about being able to load dat's?

I guess I was thinking of just going into each rom folder and hitting arrow down and loading everything until I find it.
    But that is looking more and more unlikely. When you click on Image you can see all the maps. Can there be a folder with all weapons somewhere?

(There is no readme in these zips)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

unfortunately the lists in AV need to be updated or created by users because of naming - i'll bet a directory style would work fine - just that you still need the list to label it.

If you want to edit the lists, you go into AV folder > Lists > and they're sorted by categories.

afaik the Qatsunoci model has already been listed in the viewer, so you don't need to manually search for it but rather to just identify what it is and swap or replace accordingly with the gungnir one. to swap you can manually do it in your game folder. I don't know if there are programs out there to facilitate swapping.

as a side note, there are 2 gungnir models per gender+race (except taru, both genders share the same). one can come with glow and the other without.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

AV - PC - main weapon polearm it is not in that list. Where else could it be listed? Not the model but the actual address of that DAT so I can swap it. That list shows me the Gungnir address.

Like when you click File it has the entire rom list. But the right window no longer shows the model's.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

are you using the most updated version? i'm not on my XI pc to help you check

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I believe I am because it has Upukirex in that polearm weapon list and it is pretty new. A number of posts back I got that link that said the most up to date version.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it should be the same model as Zaide.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So, I do not have to find my Qatsunoci +1 per say I can just change THAT model to what ever?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yes. the viewer lists each unique model as opposed to every model. so if it shares the model with something else that came first you just refer to the one that is listed first.

edit: the only time this doesn't work is if there are actually multiple versions of the same model for 1 particular race/gender model.. i believe Zaide might be one of them due to 1 of them having glow animation.. can't remember. so you might have to try both to figure out which one is being used for Qatsu.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

THAT, is the info I needed to get it to work. When I saw that Zaide, I assumed it was THE Zaide. I did not know it used that model for every other instance of the weapon that looks like it, thank you!

So the item icon in your inventory is item number specific but what it draws on your back is a more global model.