Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 154 FirstFirst ... 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightleo View Post
    Been a while since I've perused these forums. Sorry for the late answer, but the .dat location is under the newer sections under Race for PCs. Each primals summon and release animation is under the (Basic) Actions list. Each one lists both their regular and prime summon .dats.
    I had the same idea you did a while ago. Seeing the long Fenrir summoning animation whenever I pull him out feels so awesome.
    Thanks a lot, I managed to switch the celestial avatars but I can't find the long animation for Fenrir under his PC one. Know where that is?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Thanks a lot, I managed to switch the celestial avatars but I can't find the long animation for Fenrir under his PC one. Know where that is?
    Sorry, I didn't notice til after I posted that the Fenrir animation isn't with the rest of them in the sub-menus. Did some digging and I found it at ROM/130/94. The file you want to replace it with is ROM/97/98. Cheers!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have a quick question about the Kenkonken mod made by Seji a while ago. (located here, in this list: http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=2873.0) No matter what I've tried the weapon only seems to show up for one hand. I've properly replaced the offhand H2H .dat, but nothing shows up when I do. Is it something I'm missing? Or a problem with the .dat itself?

Campaign
    BG Level

Is there any dat.swap for RUN Relic armor around?
    Can't stand that salmon-colour.
    Something Gold-like would be awesome, or anything else really.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

some quick work in photoshop could net something nice, alternatively you coulld swap to an existing .dat. here are my examples. no model work done yet though.

literally like 5 min of photoshopping, nowhere near final.

Campaign
    BG Level

How can you adjust them in photoshop? I suppose you mean the "textures" applied over the 3D models of the armours are somewhere inside the dat and you can exctract them and modify them with Photoshop? But I wouldn't know how to do that honestly.
    Which dats are for the 5 items of RUN relic?
    That white one is not too bad actually, where can I find the dats?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yeah a texture mod is easy, if you have the correct lists, and modelviewer+ programs. locating what you need will require the target race though. RUN relic is in ROM/305/

hume body is 305/30.dat

edit: figured out how to make the lists again. i might be able to make the .dats after all!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my god if someone were to dat mod relic run armor to not be salmon id so take that if they were to post it!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    my god if someone were to dat mod relic run armor to not be salmon id so take that if they were to post it!
    It's a very simple mod, actually, it just comes down to "what color would you like?" That being said, what color would you like?

Saw some videos of Draylo with a DAT modded Tizona that did electric sparks as it truck an enemy. Any where I can get ahold of that for MR and HM Female?

Campaign
    BG Level

edit: iFail

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Anyone have a working link for the no-glow avatar dats?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've almost completed a sword model, my first, which served as great practice for understanding how to use a variety of modeling programs, as well as working with different files. Anyway, the last hiccup I encountered was that my file had an extra texture associated with it. I was hoping to discover a simple method, and sure enough I found one:

1) Load the .dat in ChangeTex. The textures associated with the file should appear in the list.
    2) Note the address and data size of the texture you want removed.
    3) Load the .dat in a hex editor.
    4) Go to the hex address.
    5) Select the data size # worth of characters (this value is also the multiplied dimensions of your texture, ie: 256x256 image = 65536 characters of hex data).
    6) Delete these characters.
    7) At the top of the file, there should be some crap referencing the texture's name; a similar section just below it references the name of the texture you want to keep. Delete the crap, so it looks like your stuff is the only thing there (I hope this makes sense, I can't upload pictures just yet). Also, change the 4 characters after the semi-colon to match the first 4 characters in your texture's name.
    8) Save, though I recommend making it a separate file just in case.

I've yet to encounter any problems doing this so far.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh sorry Jean Paul, forgot to check the thread in a while since i had to go out of town. I could see white or gold or brown colored Run relic armor Being very nice like posted before my last post above. Whatever looks better than Salmon.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

(I'm just gonna copy and paste everything I put on ffxiah)

Hume Female 1A with darkened hair:

Hume Male 4A with brown hair and a less boyish face:

Pointed Aettir (all races): http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5057

The sword Roy uses in Smash Bros Melee, as a great sword (all races): http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5055

Some customized icons:
    Spoiler: show
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...729_232101.png
    Of the new ones shown in this picture, in order they are: Baraero, Barsilence, Regen, Refresh, Phalanx, Crusade (Enmity Boost), Swordplay, Fast Cast, Valiance/Vallation, and Battuta

I've also replaced a large number of the game's songs with music from other games. Among my favorite uses include:
    Ark Angel Fight --> Asterisk Boss Battle (Bravely Default)
    Norg --> Theme of the Dog (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
    Adoulin Outdoor Areas --> Guar Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Ru'Aun Gardens --> Corridors of Time (Chrono Trigger)
    WotG BC/Walk of Echoes --> Ruined Castle Corridor (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)

Now, as for Futhark recoloring, I've whipped up some pictures:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...oatsamples.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...body_BM_GG.jpg
    See any colors you like?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

nr 10, keep it white, but turn the yellow garb lines into red and turn the outer gry garb lines into gold!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Nice job

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I like numbers 5-11. the first 4 look too banana-ish to me. Not sure how to make it more gold looking. Maybe go more yellow-brown than yellow-green. Im noticing alot of leather like color in his mid section, So i am not sure how makin the coat brown (like his hair color) would look, but that might be interesting. Hmm or maybe a darker blurple! Either way good work man!

Campaign
    BG Level

The RUN recolour was originally my request (was looking for Gold). Number 1 is more yellowish than Gold but overall I'm satisfied by the result (and as a matter of fact he provided more screenshots with 1, below).
    But the thing is that so many of those colours were cool (I particularly liked 10 and 8 too) that it was hard to settle for a single colour and ask for 1!

Either way, thanks a lot Jean Paul, really awesome job there. Can't wait to have the dat! :D

Campaign
    BG Level

JeanPaul asking you here as well.
    Ever thought about cooperating with Caradogg and Wildman for the FFXIview project? Some of the icons you designed are pretty neat and would be perfect to complement the ones already existing in the packet.

http://forums.windower.net/index.php...ser-interface/

They are usually overflown with too much work, I'm sure having 2 more hands working on the project would help splitting the amount of work and getting a more enjoyable process for you devs and a more refined product for us users.