Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone know the date location for the new Alluvion stuff? Specifically for mithran?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Long explanation of how to find new dats (Sorry Its update time and imma bored!)

If you have altana viewer, What i do is go to the altana viewer folder. then go list > PC > Mithra. then open the file Main.csv in a text file program like notepad or notepad++ and then at the end add something like this (Notice you have to close and re open Altana View to see anything you alter):

Code:
    @New Dats 296-300
    296/0-127, 296 Seekers New Stuff
    297/0-127, 297 Seekers New Stuff
    298/0-127, 298 Seekers New Stuff
    299/0-127, 299 Seekers New Stuff
    300/0-127, 300 Seekers New Stuff
    308/0-127, 308 Seekers New Stuff
    This will let you search all dats in folders ROM/296 thru 300 and then folder 308 for Main Hand Weapons.
    --------------------------------------
    @New Dats 296-300 = The heading you would find in the drop box on the left under "Main:" Whats normally here is (None), Hand to hand, Dagger, ect...
    --------------------------------------
    296/0-127, 296 Seekers New Stuff (breakdown of what it means)

296/ = the "296" folder in the "ROM" folder.

0-127, = dats 0-127 within that folder (there are only ever 127 dats in a ROM folder)

296 Seekers New Stuff = The headings for each dat you would find in the drop box on the right under "Main:" Whats normally here is specific weapon names such as Patas, Bone Patas, Poison Cesti, ect... With this (Because its a range of dats instead of a single one) all the dats will be labeled the same except they will have a - # at the end (notice #1 will actually be dat 0). At the end of the dats called "296 Seekers New Stuff" will be a section of dats called "297 Seekers New Stuff." This is the next dat folder. I like to do them in sections of 5 folders.
    ---------------------------------
    Now open Altana Viewer and pick the PC tab, select mithra as your race and under the Main: pick the first drop box. With what i gave you above There should be a selection under Polearm entitled "New Dats 296-300." Pick that option. Now in the drop box to the right of that will be a listing of every dat in ROM/296 thru ROM/300.

I usually like to hit "Play" at the bottom of Altana Viewer in the "Action" to play a random weapon skill animation so its easier to see the weapons in the correct spot for your race (otherwise if its floatin not in your hand it is most likely another race's dat.). Also if you are searching for a specific weapon, its best to select a Weaponskill of that weapon type (example: play wasp sting if you are lookin for a dagger).

Ok so now youve played a WS, choose the drop box on the right under "Main:" and i just push the down arrow on my keyboard til something pops up on my model. (NOTE: Anything can pop up, Armor dats, Weapon dats, Monster dats, ect...). Keep scrollin til something that looks like what you want pops up then slowly scroll down til one lines up properly in your model's main hand. Take note of that dat address in the bottom "status bar" of Altana View.

In what I gave you here the first thing that pops up is in folder 300 dat 104. It appears to be a helmet. Keeping in mind we are usin the weapon model section that helmet will not be in the correct place on your model. Alas There are no weapons in these first 5 folders.

Onto Folder 308s contents! BOOM! Right off the bat is a weapon. dat 0 appears to be the Camaraderie Wand! It isnt in the correct spot however so it is prolly not mithra's. dat 4 appears to be in the correct spot and is a dagger (sometimes other races will appear in the correct spot. this is a good time to go thru every WS for that weapon and make sure the weapon stays in your hand in each one, even then sometimes its the wrong race. This dagger appears properly in every WS except Exenterator) Dats tend to be grouped either all the same weapon for each race, or a series of items for one race followed by the same series of items for the next race.

Finally dat 31 is a dagger that animates correctly for every dagger WS. This must be the mithra section of these dats! As you scroll thru these keep in mind they may not pop up in the correct place (your hand) until you change to a WS of that weapon type. The mithra section appears to go until dat .39

Ok so Lets enter that dagger into the list where it goes! select that dagger in Altana View and you will see it listed at ROM/308/31.dat. Open that Main.csv file in the mithran folder again and find the Heading "@Dagger." at the bottom of that section put a line that says:

Code:
    308/31, Camaraderie Dagger
    Now the next time you open up AltanaView When you select Daggers in your main hand at the bottom will be Camaraderie Dagger. For 1 hand weapons there is also a dat for the sub hand so be sure to find that as well. But put that one in the Sub.csv file instead.

After these series of weapons, it looks like the Ice Lion WKR armors are up. dat 87 and 88 appear to be the head and pants for mithra, so you can add these dats to the head.csv and legs.csv in the mithra folder. The last Dat 127 appears to be a white Ixion model mangled over your model.

Ok, so for the Example i gave above, that searches everything in those 6 folders. Basically what i do is open up my playonline folder and seek out the folder "ROM." Then i find the highest numbered folder and put what i gave you above except use the highest number you found for the folder number. then open altana viewer and scroll thru the list til you find something. Once you found the dats and enter them into the proper file for their armor slot you can erase the code i gave above until you need to search again.

Hope that helps and lemme know if i confused you!

PS. ochu hat is at folder 318 dat 110. alluvian stuff starts about 318 dat 123. incursion stuff starts at 320 dat 81.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone think they could convert the Nenkirimaru into a one handed sword? but make leave the model the same size? for both main and off hand?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

u guys remember how they introduced the whole new menu icon set back in like 2012? anyone know where the dat location for them are? i'd like to extract them..

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know ROM/0/13.DAT has some of them, including white magic, black magic, ninjutsu, summon spirits, ninjutsu, bard songs, quick draw cards, some of the blue magic, and generic "Ability" icons. Not sure about the rest though, sorry. My guess would be either in the same folder somewhere, or within crap that was added around the same time.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

thx its a start

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Is it possible to create a new WS animation?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's possible to edit and create new animations with VRS.

That being said, the number of people on the English-speaking internet who knew how to do that is approximately 2, and neither of them play anymore. Your best bet is checking archives of the Dreams in Vana'diel forum circa 2006-2007.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ah, here's the thread. Best of luck if you can make any sense of it, the images have since been lost to time.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dat...rs-motion.html

Also, I stand corrected about there being no one who knew how to do it who is still around... Gulkeeva's around here regularly, although I'm unsure if he remembers.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I never fully understood animations. I could look at a wall of HEX all day but when that motion window opened I would basically instantly become stressed out and fall asleep.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does anyone on this forum know where the 'Vanguards Avatar' .DAT file is located? All I've found in Altana Viewer is (Dynamis) mobs on ROM\130 and ROM\131. They lag me like crazy and wanted to change them into something else. Thanks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure the avatars summoned by enemies are the exact same file as avatars summoned by players, so changing them means changing all SMN. Then again, I suppose if you're having issues from Dynamis SMNs, then regular SMNs aren't helping much either.

I haven't messed with Avatars before, nor really have I ever replaced whole monsters, but according to the AltanaViewer, the original 8 are located in ROM/97/66-73

66: Carbuncle
    67: Fenrir
    68: Ifrit
    69: Titan
    70: Leviathan
    71: Garuda
    72: Shiva
    73: Ramuh

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've changed those already and it did change them, but didnt change the ones in Dynamis. The avatars in Dynamis are named 'Vanguards Avatar' not the actual name of the ones in the ROM\97. I noticed that ROM\131 has a lot more .DATs than what is showed in Altana Viewer, is there any way to look at the rest in that folder as it might be in there somewhere? Thanks for the quick reply.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can update your AltanaViewer lists by editing them in a text program and just adding a line like "131/0-127, Test" or however high it goes in that folder. Then you can just look at whatever is in there without needing to actually identify anything. After checking it myself, however, I noticed that it's mostly gear in that folder, specifically relic armor.

edit: you could try the prime avatars, which are like 119/59-63

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm not sure how exactly to edit them in a text program or where to open the text program up in Altana Viewer. I will change the prime avatars to see if that fixes it. Thanks again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had a lil guide to finding things in altanaviewer on the last page. just use notepad or notepad++ (which is what I use). Open the altana view folder and then the Lists one and then I guess NPC folder and open one of those files with NPC in the name with notepad, then just put what jeanpaul said above "131/0-127, Test" at the end and then open up altana viewer and check at the end of the list of whatever file you altered and look at them. They should be labled Test I believe if you used what Jean said.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Changing the Primes changed the avatars in dynamis. Thank you. Also, thank you for the guide, now I know how to look up dats.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Trying to dat mine using polutils. Pretty newbish at it. I believe I found weapons and armor, but where are the dats for general items, usable items, etc.

TIA

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just a curious question. If there anyone that could give an explanation of how to change the dats for Female clothing to Male clothing? I really really really detest the way some gear looks on my toon but love the way it looks on the male model. Any help is appreciated.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Short answer is you can't. There's no good way to go about rigging a piece of armor from scratch in VRS; you're better off starting with the existing piece and modifying it. What's the piece in question?