Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Where do people get those .dats for glowy weapons that shoot stuff? I saw a Draylo video where his Tizona has crackling thunder around it and when he swings it has a lightning bolt en-spell effect that looks really dope. Wondering if I can get that on my Ryuno.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

This is also what I'm talking about. Anyone have dats for weapon effects like this?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hex editing, as well as moving affects around between existing weapons. It's incredibly remarkable what's possible once you get the hang of it, you can move nearly any effect from anything to activate on whatever. And make it rotate, if that's your thing. I've been out of the game for a while, but I bet JeanPaul could help you out. You can also change around sound effects as well as on-hit effects.

If you want to look into how to do it yourself, read back on the archives of this thread, the material should all be there although you might have to do a substantial amount of digging.

Edit: Found the links.
    BG Discussion: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/629...=1#post4915458
    Mooshy's Blog: http://mooshywooshy.blogspot.com/sea...&max-results=7

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can't say I have any experience with the glowy weapons, the only thing I've done with .dats in hex editing was to remove extra textures.

So yeah I did ask while back but with new posts talking about it...

Any way to commission Tizona with same effect that Draylo has in the above video?
    Pretty please.
    If it matters at all the race, MR is default race but HM Female would be nice also.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Same here for EV Male with Ryunohige

I would be willing to donate a little loot for them to be honest, I know nothing about hex work.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

PM me around the next free login weekend; These things are tricky to begin with let alone when you can't test them yourself.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I can upload a big batch with the ryunohige mythics and everything i did, i dont plan on playing ffxi anymore, if you guys want let me know.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FYI, if you just want to test stuff in game, you can always try a private server.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Updated my icons file for March 2015.
    http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5166.0

Interestingly, it was broken because they added an icon/description for Ardor, which reads as "You are receiving additional skillchain damage based on the number of successful melee hits." despite the spell not being added, nor it being a buff anymore.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It's going to be a debuff though, which can be applied to players during PVP.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Sorry for the delay, ill be uploading everything in these days, busy with irl amagad!
    note some of them dont work since they were just test and finishing modifications at time, so please make sure they have a video inside or they are in the folder video, those are the fully functional ones(there is some race specific as well, mostly the chest piece ones).

Atm they are getting up in MEGA, see ya!

Edit:
    All right its up!
    https://mega.co.nz/#!oxsiVQBT!dY3ecz...FdXJHt3XMPPrbg
    WARNING!:
    Some of dats are not finished they might crash your game please make sure they are on correct race or that there is a video of the release inside the folders or some place in there hahah.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It's going to be a debuff though, which can be applied to players during PVP.
    The odd thing about it was that it had the "attack up" icon despite being a debuff.

Anyway, updated icons for May 2015:
    http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5166.0
    Added the new JAs and rolls as well as getting around to some older stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Any new icons for june update JeanPaul?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, forgot to mention that, the icons file has been updated for June.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Last time i checked the ffxidat site since update it still was showing May... Ill check it out now tho thanks!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oops, forgot to update the main thread that promotes that .dat, though the .dat itself was definitely updated. Good thing ya pointed it out haha

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I want to find the new armor we've been getting, how does one find the file path for new armor so you can add it to altanaviewer?

I figured out how to add new dat listings to altanaviewer easily, that was np. But lets say I know, I dunno, kumbhakarna's model isnt in altanaviewer yet.

If I know its item ID is 20809, how do I go from that to "the dat model is in ROM\derp\herp\##.dat"?

I notice there's patterns in where dats are located, by set.

Hows that work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The best way is to go alter the lists in altana viewer's folders. adding a range of dats that were added and then just scrolling thru them until u see something pop up on your character. then its a matter of finding the right race (put it on and try ALL the wses for that weapon, sometimes one will fly out of the hand but only on one WS out of all of them.) Im not sure how many pages back but i wrote out a procedure for finding new dats and adding them to the lists using just altana viewer. It was a bit to type out and dont really want to retype it all lol.

da link