BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

google XI vision on the windower forums.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is it possible to add the coruscanti effect to another weapon¿? like say... Almace?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It's possible but you would have to do it from scratch. There was a guy named MooshyWooshy who experimented with glow effects and such on weapons and added image when you attack, like everyone's grudge animation. He quit a long time ago and nobody is active in .dat modding anymore so its pretty much not possible atm unless you learned how to do it.

Does anyone know the DAT locations of the new Dynamis maps? Thanks!

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It's possible but you would have to do it from scratch. There was a guy named MooshyWooshy who experimented with glow effects and such on weapons and added image when you attack, like everyone's grudge animation. He quit a long time ago and nobody is active in .dat modding anymore so its pretty much not possible atm unless you learned how to do it.
    This is what I was afraid of. My Elemental Staves +2 and Erniegang are totally borked now, because SE updated the skeleton files when they added the new glowing weapons. Is there no one around any more who would know how to fix this? I can do basic texture/model editing (though I lack artistic talent so my custom mods always look crappy), but I have no idea where/how to screw with skeleton files.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sithel View Post
    Does anyone know the DAT locations of the new Dynamis maps? Thanks!
    If you are looking for modded maps you can check this out: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21027...namis+Maps.rar

I updated all the maps except for Tav and the location of the maps is listed on the included read me file.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
    Is it possible to add the coruscanti effect to another weapon¿? like say... Almace?
    It's actually rather simple to transfer the effect from one thing to another object of the same type. For practical purposes, daggers and swords are, in most cases identical. It's a bit of a pain in the ass these days due to the VRS file lists being hardcoded into the program, but it should certainly be possible. For example, consider the GM greatsword for Hume Male. If you were to gut the container in VRS and drop something else in there, it would retain the heat distortion effect in the same place. Due to interference with animations, it's only possible to do this for very specific subsets of items since even if you change the skeletal references, it still sets the flag for which weapon animation to use for the body based on the container. It may be possible using hex editing to dump the code block into other weapon types, but that is beyond my ability... I'll try to look into it if I have time later tonight.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    It's actually rather simple to transfer the effect from one thing to another object of the same type. For practical purposes, daggers and swords are, in most cases identical. It's a bit of a pain in the ass these days due to the VRS file lists being hardcoded into the program, but it should certainly be possible. For example, consider the GM greatsword for Hume Male. If you were to gut the container in VRS and drop something else in there, it would retain the heat distortion effect in the same place. Due to interference with animations, it's only possible to do this for very specific subsets of items since even if you change the skeletal references, it still sets the flag for which weapon animation to use for the body based on the container. It may be possible using hex editing to dump the code block into other weapon types, but that is beyond my ability... I'll try to look into it if I have time later tonight.
    I would love you forever and ever if you managed to do it(nohomo)

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Went to find the model, and apparently no new model exists for it, which would seem to indicate that the effect is determined server-side... Either that, or the people maintaining the list didn't bother to add duplicates that showed no difference inside model viewer. At any rate, unless someone can find the isolated DAT for Coruscanti et al, it seems that progress on this is at an impasse.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

mooshy had a guide that showed you how to put the code blocks into weapons to make them glow avatar effects I used to know how to but I forgot when ffxidats pretty much died down.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

here is the guide by mooshy i had some notes on the matter in my ffxidat account PM's wich it was way more specific since i asked mooshy to explain it a little more in detail but thats gone now and i would try it BUT meh dont want to relearn all that again for now, its pretty easy if you dont clean the code of the dagger, the most difficult part(for me at least) was clear the whole whole effect dat to make its size small i think i still have the skeletons mooshy posted up if you want i can upload them so you can work on them.

http://magicmortar.blogspot.com/

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ya, the problem wasn't moving the effect, but finding the DAT in the first place. To my knowledge, there aren't any DAT lists with a separate listing for it.

Edit: Progress made, pics forthcoming; Don't know where Coruscanti is, but I successfully transferred Ephemeron's effect.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ephemeron's Effect
    Spoiler: show

So, it is certainly possible, at least within the same weapon type. Coruscanti's file is still MIA; the listing in the DATs is for Lux Pugio rather than the shiny one apparently.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Coruscanti's Effect:
    Spoiler: show

As you can see, the lightning effect is present, but the length of it is limited by the bone of the sword. Or dagger, as it were since as you can see the animation type also has been changed. It may be possible to fix this, but I don't believe it to be within my ability, at least in the short term.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

as file you mean the dat is missing?

edit nvm didnt see last post

edit2: does it actually turn off when you disengage? or its a 100% effect?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It works just as it would on the actual dagger itself. Powers on with engage, powers off on disengage, and persists through gear swaps.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

did the effect had that coded or you had to tweak it with hex?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The way I transferred it was gutting the DAT in VRS; This retains certain things (such as using the dagger fighting style), which is separate from the effect itself. Mooshy might have been able to figure it out, but he's on another level of skill. If you look at it this way, the NQ EVM dagger, Lux Pugio is 266/13.DAT, while Coruscanti is 266/76.DAT. If you use Hex Workshop to compare the two, they are quite nearly identical; The effect seems to be located at the bottom. I have no clue as to how to change things such as the weapon style and where the effect is bound, however.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So is my PSP Kenshin lance possible?!