FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    (Thanks for the link btw)

Posting this for a friend. He wanted me to recolour the hair on this custom taru M head, so that it was black where it's currently orange/brown and green (same colour as eyes) where it's purple. I gave it a few shots in photoshop, but I'm just not good enough to make it actually look good. So posting here to see if anyone else could do the recolour for me? (I have no idea why there's two images created when I exported the head, and why the actual model seems to use pieces from both...)

If you're able to give me a run down of how you did it too, that would be equally awesome.
    The hairstyle seems to be a fusion of Hume M 4A as well as the Taru M 3A; if you opened it up in VRS or even MetaSequoia you'd be able to see the two meshes independent of each other. As for how to go about it, you're really better off doing it from scratch using the source textures and selecting individual strands using the polygonal lasso and then using 'match color' with an appropriate source to pull from. Judging by the color of the eyes, SMN AF should be a good match for that using existing ingame colors. You're applying highlights, so use the same technique someone might use in real life; masking bits and dying them individually.

Edit: I actually managed to dig up a perfect example of how I did this back in 2006. Do you have photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Evihime View Post
    Heya, first time im at swapping in years, was use to do it @ 75 but I lost all my linkes etc.
    Can any1 link me Hume Females, Apoc, Mandau and Ragnarok DATs?
    And if theres one, Pbody
    A bit hard to tell what you're asking for here. Are you looking for the originals, or some sort of modified DATs? If it's the former you just need Model Viewer or Altana View.

Yeah sorry didnt explain myself well.
    I want some Hume F dats, tired of originals one, I wanted couple faces and those weapon I listed, but modded not the originals

Also, where is Ragnarok positioned for Hume F?

Edit: found Rag in Altana ><

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Evihime View Post
    Yeah sorry didnt explain myself well.
    I want some Hume F dats, tired of originals one, I wanted couple faces and those weapon I listed, but modded not the originals

Also, where is Ragnarok positioned for Hume F?
    This should be more towards what you're looking for. Registration required.
    http://ffxidats.caarrie.org/

Greatswords are skeletal weight 71 for hume F.

Didnt find any Apoc or Mandau there, alrdy checked it before.
    TY tho, ill try to check the pages here and see if I find something :D

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I have photoshop. I think. It's trial ran out but I haven't closed it since then so hoping it might still work...
    I tried a few techniques,
    Magic Wand + Color overlay
    Lasso + Color overlay
    Drawing Pencil lines and applying outer glows

But just couldn't make anything look good.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ok, I'm going to just set this down here and let you take a look at it before I head off for the night. I think you can figure out what you need to do from this, but if you still have questions I'll look at them in the morning. If you haven't tried it yet, consider using Adjustments > Variations or Adjustments > Match color.

EVF Face 6C [download+.psd]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hello, all! Huge shoutout to Godlytarutaru for fulfilling my earlier request (and quickly, too!). This will be my second and last mod request, I think - and I'm hoping I can get SCH lightning to strike twice...

I'm looking for a mod for Hume F SCH empyrean that makes the body look more like the Hume M SCH. I always thought the longer coat with the key ornament in the front was way cooler than the little skirt thing that female SCH get. It would make my SCH existence if someone knows where to find it or if someone could make it happen :)

For reference, I think the RDM AF3 would look closest to the style of body armor I'm after.

Thanks in advance.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Finally wanting to give VRS a go now. Downloaded it from the link on last page, however running it (and logging in with the Guest/Guest) displays the message "The license can not be verified".

I couldn't find any mention of this on the download website. How do I get around it?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Can't say that I've encountered that before. Might by typo'ing the password maybe?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Nah, gave me a different message when I typod it. When I open it after typing correct pw once it doesn't ask me for it on future attempts

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

When exactly does it give you the invalid license message? Could you screenshot your monitor when it's up?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Upon running the program (either VirtualRealityStudio.exe or VRS.exe). If it's the first time I've run it since a restart, then it asks for the login/pw first, if I've already tried the Guest/Guest login once before it's right after opening it (like after 10 secs or so).

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Maybe it's a firewall thing and it can't contract the server. I did a new install of it on my computer lay night and it seemed to be working ok.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I'm not getting any firewall message from windows, and if I'm not connected to the net I get a "not connect server" message. I added it to the allowed programs list anyway and still get the license message.

could it have anything to do with an unstable connection? Right now the only internet I have is by using my phone as a WiFi hotspot.
    Or maybe the license isn't covered in Australia or something?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Or do I need to contact/pay someone for access or something?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nah, I've never heard of anyone needing to pay anyone for a license. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help you; I haven't seen anyone else encounter that particular error myself.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm going to try using VRS on the machine I'm currently using. VRS has never been installed on it before, and I'm on a secure enterprise network, so we'll see if I run into any issues and then figure out how to resolve them. I'll update my post with my findings.

One question, though: have you tried installing DirectX 9? Although I believe you're using 7 and should therefore have DirectX 10 or 11 installed, there are times when software designed for a specific DirectX iteration won't work without it (especially if they don't supply their own DLLs).

EDIT: I'm not experiencing this problem, but I did find this bug note from the developer interesting:

"The client side is not read data, when a region or a network environment far from Japan is extremely bad. cannot start "Virtual Reality Studio" or cannot download the weapon list of the "FFXIモデル読み込み". This problem was corrected."

It's related to an old version—from 2007, in fact—and he reported it fixed. It sounds like it could be what you're experiencing, however.

Considering that VRS hasn't been updated in over two years, I don't know what the chances of receiving a response to a bug report may be, but you can try to send a simple letter to the creator at [email protected], and see if you receive a response.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Yeah, I'm running DX 11, is it worth trying to revert to 9 to see if it works? (How would I do that?) I don't exactly use anything modern on this machine, the only games I have installed are some old Ubisoft ones (Between Good & Evil et al.) and FFXI. And the only other programs I have are basically FFXI related >.>

Other than that, maybe it is a region thing, I mean you must be able to count the number of Australasian players on one hand so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't usable in this upside down, bogan riddled, dingo infested, arse-end-of-the-world country.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

DirectX9C is non-overlapping with DX10 or 11 for that matter. Download it from uh... here.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Upon using proper broadband internet instead of a hotspot connection through my phone, it works. I didn't bother getting DX9C in the end. But it works, yay! Now to figure out how to use it!