Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Virtue ~ 9/8/08     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Please only post ideas or constructive criticism while people are trying this, drama is lame

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Little backpedal. How easy was JOL? What are the nerfs for him?

Xyle

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xyle View Post
    Little backpedal. How easy was JOL? What are the nerfs for him?

Xyle
    prob take about 15min now

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It seems to have half HP, the pets have half HP as well. It also seemed to resist nukes less, so it's more BLM friendly than before, although that might have been in part due to the accuracy bonus on skillchains.

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by HadesChubbs View Post
    No kidding...how about pets, Regen, stuff like that.

Xyle

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

JOL was much easier. seemed to have significantly less hp than before. Still took about 10 summons to kill his regen, but much easier

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Seriously what is wrong with having a thread devoted to AV? It isn't like it will down the game. If you don't like to read about AV, there is a reason for the thread name. People need to grow the fuck up, and stop bitching, and post useful information, so I will start:

Yes my theory is that 'Absolute Virtue readies Chainspell' > 'PC uses Chainspell' will lock that 2hr period. It has 100% not been tested because NO one knows how to make AV go to a 'readies' mode or ready any 2hrs, and it also matches perfectly with the SE video, they were showing it indirectly, but there was an instance of it in the NA video also.

I have posted before that my ls: Apathy on remora attempted AV about a month ago, and we survived manafont meteors, and wiped on the second manafont due to lack of PLD with fealty up, however after we wiped and people left, I, along with a few others stayed, and began to just flee AV off to give it time to 2hr, and shortly after this 'Absolute Virtue readies Blood Weapon' the FIRST of the entier attempt, which before we wiped was about 30min or so. After that first readies it did about 10-15 2hr ALL 'readies' and finally exact chat log: 'Absolute Virtue readies Lateral Slash' > 'Absolute Virtue uses Hundred Fists' seconds later. I did call a SGM and reported this, and I have yet to get a response. When or if I do, I will post that info.

Rivieras

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Please only post ideas or constructive criticism while people are trying this, drama is lame

Can i get that font too?

its a fucking joke now

Robert

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Offensive strength remains the same for the pets and Jailer of Love. The same number of them is summoned before shark only mode begins. Regen also seemed to be the same as it was before, although it can seem like it's higher because it has less max HP.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Its 2hrs from JoL pop, not defeat. meaning you get (Time to break Regen + AV pop) making it about 1hr30min to fight AV. This wouldnt be bad if we knew what the hell we were doing, maybe in a month or two.
    Note the 'could've said.'

As for other posts, I consider it a generalization because its the way timers seem to work in FFXI based off an action that starts a battle or instance, if you will. If not, well then I'm sorry. ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How long did it normally take you guys before update?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by VivixKujata View Post
    How long did it normally take you guys before update?
    27-30

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Seriously what is wrong with having a thread devoted to AV?
    There have been like 5, none of them went anywhere because of random dumb drama. This thread has been up for less than a day and is already filled with random dumb drama. Why would it be harmful to keep "i'm better than you" crap out of the thread?

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Offensive strength remains the same for the pets and Jailer of Love. The same number of them is summoned before shark only mode begins. Regen also seemed to be the same as it was before, although it can seem like it's higher because it has less max HP.
    Thanks Mojo, exactly what I was looking for. My shell just recently got into sea and this "2 hours to kill both" drama made the leader of our troupe a little worried.

Xyle

Quote Originally Posted by Xyle View Post
    Thanks Mojo, exactly what I was looking for. My shell just recently got into sea and this "2 hours to kill both" drama made the leader of our troupe a little worried.

Xyle
    100% to 74% in a little less than 10 minutes with RNG and SAMx3

Robert

Tarutaru Sacrifice
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

In response to the whole AV drama, you know, before we grab our torches and pitchforks, did anyone stop and think maybe its a bug that JOL and AV are on the same timer?

I'd say wait until the round of emer maints are done. Then we can complain.

Xyle

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

By the way, in regards to the 'readies' theory. I honestly think it's a bug with the chat log. The only time I ever see "Absolute Virtue readies" is when someone outside of alliance has hate on it. If it does have anything to do with weakening AV, it's not nearly as simple as what people have presented thus far. The same could be said about the reactionary theories. People are looking way too hard into randomness in those regards. High damage can trigger weaponskills as well as job abilities. This behavior is very easy to observe on sky gods. You can trigger Seiryu/Suzaku 2 hour if you spam them right damage right when they pop, every single time without fail. These times where you see AV use a weaponskill after blizzard or whatever is most likely because the blizzard is unresisted, and AV has accumulated enough TP for the nuke to trigger it.

Edit: Also, yes I would agree that it's probably a bug. JoL pets are tied to AV, you have to kill a certain number of them to fully break its regen. It would be pretty retarded to put a time limit on JoL + AV and then force you to take longer on JoL kills.

Love shit here i ceom!

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Any evidence of AV using particular 2-hours multiple times at this point?

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast