Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Virtue ~ 9/8/08     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    is AV's regen really the big issue? Or are you all just assuming that locking his regen will nullify others atks of his (such as 2hr spam, ect...). Maybe I missed it mentioned earlier (I havent followed the thread post-by-post), but the big issue still seems to be staying alive over anything else... so what will locking his regen do if you can't survive long enuff to kill him, or if you do get lucky then he can still just bene back to full multiple times.
    just read a little further back, chubbs talks about it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    We did most of our damage with blizzard on lights/darksday for those first attempts, so the idea that the regen gets stronger by nuking with a different element seems mostly bogus.
    Meh, well I'm not going to weed through the old threads to find that specific test, especially when his regen may have been changed in the last update anyway. I'd say ideal circumstances would be to have AV pop on iceday so you have 1-2 hours of ideal nukes that kill the regen anyway. The more important question anyway would be did you get the impression that an unknown quantity more of KC drks than you had could feasibly do the job before all hell breaks loose? Oh, and players 2 houring when AV 2 hours still had no noticeable effect I assume?

I kind of think them casting dispel, sleep,blind, flash non stop was to keep AV turning bouncing hate or something.. But hey. I think somebody will kill AV soon.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I agree with the above poster who said that nuking an element different to the day will remove progress built toward enfeebling the regen.

This was tested soon after the video came out and it seemed to be true.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

/sarcasm It's quite obvious - try and fight it without any Red Mages and see if it still uses Chainspell /endsarcasm

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I know that was sarcasm, but we didn't have any MNKs and it HF'ed both fights. Multiple times in the first one, iirc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Damn, AV attempt on Hades and I didn't even get to come contribute some lag for it because I had to go out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    Damn, AV attempt on Hades and I didn't even get to come contribute some lag for it because I had to go out.
    pie shoping

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I searched the thread and I don't think anyone mentioned this but the update info was incorrect and SE said so (maybe they're just covering their ass.)

- Version update information regarding Jailer of Love, Absolute Virute (and pets), and Pandemonium Warden(and pets) were incorrect.

[Incorrect Information]
    Adjustments have been made to Jailer of Love, Absolute Virtue (and pets), and Pandemonium Warden (and pets) in areas such as HP value and behavior. Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden will now vanish two hours after their appearance, automatically ending the battle. In addition, the spawn rate for Absolute Virtue has been increased to 100%.

[Correct Information]
    Adjustments have been made to Jailer of Love, Absolute Virtue (and pets), and Pandemonium Warden (and pets) in areas such as HP value and behavior. Pandemonium Warden will now vanish two hours after its appearance, automatically ending the battle. With Absolute Virtue, it will disappear 2 hours after the appearance of Jailer of Love. In addition, the spawn rate for Absolute Virtue has been increased to 100%.
    original http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews14195.shtml

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

where'z teh rage guyz!!!!?!!?/

dumb shits.

AV has always had rage mode, it just starts the moment he spawns

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Didn't Squeenix say that our "speed" for fighting it was wrong? I think now that we're basing strats on supposition that JOL and AV are different phases of the same mob, then we need to reexamine those previous comments. The speed might not have had anything to do with the "AV phase" but rather the "Jailer phase". I think JOL is going down too fast. It would seem we can fuck JOL up more to weaken AV. JOL has clearly noted weaknesses, while AV really doesn't (aside of the second half of regen nullification.) The only way we know to start weakening AV is to SC+MB JOL. Maybe more SC+MB to JOL. Different types + matching magic. Pure element SC level 1 to matching magic and hybrid element SCs level 2 and 3. Maybe there's a noticable effect.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

AV 76% on Odin. 3 Linkshell teamup going on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That wont be dorp drama

Sea Torques
    BG Level

And back to 100% with about 50 people dead.

We had 2,5 full alliances with melee ready and multiple BRD songs. First alliance pushed it to 76% in a matter of seconds but I think Meteor wiped them. It regened quick back to 82% when Alliance 2 took over. Pushed it to 79% and Meteor again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Was a zerg? ... lol

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Could you provide more details? Did it Manafont or was it the 79% Meteor? Also, what two hours had it used prior to Meteor?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't know why the 'Let's zerg it down, surely it won't murder us all." mindset is being tried time and time again, this thing as is as unzerg friendly as it comes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

A zerg attempt, yes. I counted 3-4 Clubs, some M.Kris, 5-6 Ridill. Rest all SAM or RNG.

Just checked that first time it hit 79% it did Comet. Then Meteor a bit later. So yea, assrape mode still there.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    And back to 100% with about 50 people dead.

We had 2,5 full alliances with melee ready and multiple BRD songs. First alliance pushed it to 76% in a matter of seconds but I think Meteor wiped them. It regened quick back to 82% when Alliance 2 took over. Pushed it to 79% and Meteor again.
    Was the first meteor the result of a manafont or did he do it without using manafont? I'm wondering if it was triggered by the 79% mode change or not.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, don't zerg this, haha.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast