Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello Square....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is it really a problem anymore? People camp them out of habit, and not because the gears they drop is the best anymore. Lazy people buy those old and shitty abj, because they didn't bother checking new content. A change would be nice, but I don't think we need it. I would rather get more content and new gears than a land king fix.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I still consider it a problem, until they've completely obsoleted King gear or placed it on different NMs (namely D.Ring, since Hecatomb Cap and Adaman Hauberk come from Einherjar too). You don't stand a chance unless you can bring 10+ people to them every day for 3 hours, and even then if you don't bot you're still at supreme disadvantage. The time commitment required just doesn't work anymore, when we're trying to move toward more time-efficient content (like everything that SE has made recently is).

SE KNEW KNEW KNEW we HATED 21-24 hour NMS before they added Ixion and Sandworm, you think these cunts will ever change anything?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    SE KNEW KNEW KNEW we HATED 21-24 hour NMS before they added Ixion and Sandworm, you think these cunts will ever change anything?
    But we told them we hate standing in one little area 3 hours a day spamming our claim macros and competing with bots. They fixed that!
    Can we go back to good ol' aery now?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    21-24 pop NMs beat 3-5day spawns by a longshot in Ixion/Sandworms cases. It is kind of laughable that Hydra is on such a ridiculous timer for the items he drops (mostly synth mats and lolOrobon Lure).

Its obvious SE is not going to stop creating world-spawns, but there is room for improvement in the main argument of kings. All world-spawns should be 21-24 honestly, SE knows how players get with monsters liike Tiamat so 3-5 spawns seem iffy in respect to the "do not lose your life playing this game". 21-24 repops would give more people a chance at these HNMs as well while at the same time alleviating the bottleneck.

Also, to the guy posting above you - that would just make Piestes and other WoTG mobs super contested. Instead, they could charge like 10,000 WoTG-zeni equivalent (since they don't do cross-expansion content, you'd have to make a new NPC in WoTG areas that operates like Sanraku) and an additional 20,000 Allied Notes (to make people do Campaign more!)
    The thing is that monsters like Gnoles, Peistes, Beastmen etc cannot become super-contested because of the way that WoTG is set up. If an NPC asked you for a Peiste item and you took a group to farm them - there are so many Peistes across the zones they inhabit that competition would become a non-issue. Literally there are entire zones of monsters in WoTG that basically are nothing but scenery for the most part.

Id say theres more competition in how things like Sea and Sky are set up honestly as long as SE didnt make it something like "only Orcish Dreadnaughts drop this item" and kept it general "only Orcish forces would have an item as rare as *insert item here*".

The same thing goes for Gnoles and any of the WoTG Beastmen. You'd have a situation where all these currently "scenery-only" monsters would finally have a use. You'd still have to earn Zeni as well for the drop to even matter so it'd be a two part farming step.

1. Get Zeni (ToAU component)
    2. Defeat WotG monsters, get drop off them (WotG Component)
    3. Combine Zeni and WotG Drop at an NPC = Pop item
    4. Do Battle
    5. Distribute loot.

Addresses 2 issues:

1. Players wanting to have a opportunity to get rare items without having to compete in a cesspool for a monster that isn't even hard by today's standards.
    2. Use for the rather barren WoTG areas and monsters.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I still consider it a problem, until they've completely obsoleted King gear or placed it on different NMs (namely D.Ring, since Hecatomb Cap and Adaman Hauberk come from Einherjar too). You don't stand a chance unless you can bring 10+ people to them every day for 3 hours, and even then if you don't bot you're still at supreme disadvantage. The time commitment required just doesn't work anymore, when we're trying to move toward more time-efficient content (like everything that SE has made recently is).
    The new beastman head can replace hecatomb hat, but it's not like heca is rare either. E.body drop from einherjar, and there is Ares and Shadow breasplate are decent alternative.

D.ring is definitively stupid tho, but the rarity and usefulness of d.ring make me think it's just not worthwhile to go camp it.

[edit]
    Forgot pandemonium body piece...that one is retarded for now tho.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Technically dropping Tiamat, Cerberus, and Khimaira to 21-24 would make people waste more time. The way the are now, the windows are very easy to mule, and if they brought it down to 21-24 you'd have to camp with a full stall force constantly.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No matter what you adjust the system to, there will be those maniacal people who camp things like Tiamat if it's 21-24 hours, or 48-72 hours, or what the fuck ever.

In a way, world spawns like Ixion / Sandworm cracked me the hell up, because I think the two LSes (or one) that killed it on our server were able to more as a result of people saying "You know what? Fuck it, this mob's stupid, I'm not wasting THAT much effort in doing it."

If there was a way to put a negative amount on rewards, I'd apply that to Jorm.

Sometimes I wish the TOAU beastmen kings gave more of a reward, but with people needing the titles for mythics, the last thing we need is for those to be monopolized.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Technically dropping Tiamat, Cerberus, and Khimaira to 21-24 would make people waste more time. The way the are now, the windows are very easy to mule, and if they brought it down to 21-24 you'd have to camp with a full stall force constantly.
    On my server you have to camp Cerberus and Tiamat AND Khimaira almost full time already.

A system similar to Ix'Drk Animosity can be used to stop players from using bots.

For example, when Faf/Nid window is open, a random camper will receive Animosity like message and must click on ??? to spawn Faf/Nid within 30secs. If the player is afk, the mesaage will be passed on to next random camper every 30s until Faf/Nid is spawned.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    A system similar to Ix'Drk Animosity can be used to stop players from using bots.

For example, when Faf/Nid window is open, a random camper will receive Animosity like message and must click on ??? to spawn Faf/Nid within 30secs. If the player is afk, the mesaage will be passed on to next random camper every 30s until Faf/Nid is spawned.

That is actually quite the interesting idea. Now i dont think it would ever happen, but its quite interesting. I personally think that SE needs to do a couple things to get people out of these areas. 1 Increase the drop rate on items such as Ridill and D Ring. Every other item dropped from Kings has a better item (aside from Ebody and NHead? /shocked more Fafhogg drops) and this will get a lot of linkshells away from Kings and let other linkshells have a shot. I can say from my own experience that my linkshell has been camping kings for well over 2 years and we are not capped on items like Ridills and Ebodys as much as people think we are. Our linkshell wishlist has something insane like 20+ ebody and 15+ ridills on it because people will always level new jobs. We get one or two ridills and one or two more people level a job that needs it.

The only way SE will ever get people away from Kings, is to either make the items that kings drop, drop somewhere else.... or add new items that are better. Personally, I think that SE has a couple options to look at and neither of them include increasing the drop rate.

1) Add a "HQ version" of KS99 orbs so that you have a random change to fight a HQ version of the KS99 mob that will drop the items from the king HNM's like Fafhogg / KB. (This could also be in

2) Introduce Kings (or similar to KS99 orb monsters) with the kings drops to ZeniNMs. Increase the difficulty of the fight and put the ZeniNM on something like a instance or a side zone only letting 19 people join the fight.

3) Add new items and new zone that make people forget about these items. These items came out 4? years ago or so and they are still the best items for there slot (situational w/e) and still the most camped. Yes, if they added a new ring that was similar to d ring and someone had both, it would be broken, but make something similar that make people not want to camp kings every day still. Maybe add like a 7% ring or something, or a 5% even.

4) Do it all. Lets get with the times, the game has been out forever and people dont want to camp these items anymore. Up the drop rate, bring out new items and forget about kings all together.

Just my thoughts

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Problem with that is that people would start to just bring MORE people to the HNM zones to better the odds of getting a message. Couple that with rampant lag, "omg WHO HAS IT" syndrome and pure luck and you have a recipe for disaster - complete with GMs being called everyday because the game chose the same LS 3 days in a row.

Half the times it is bad enough having Fafnir/Nid spawn and be completely unable to see it because of the sheer amount of people in the zone, that ??? would be probably be stood on by 100 people daily.

A real question id like to ask SE related to HNMs is why the heck is Khimaira placed where he is. It makes completely -no- sense whatsoever. You have an island full of imps and soulflayers and the big bad HNM is located in an area with no danger whatsoever - why? Seriously, this has baffled me for as long as Khimaira has been in the game.

If Khim walked laps around that pit of flayers/imps, it'd make more sense and people would be unable to camp it AFK like most people do atm. Not to mention adding a new level of complexity to the fight and keeping people away from the alliance fighting.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

A real question id like to ask SE related to HNMs is why the heck is Khimaira placed where he is. It makes completely -no- sense whatsoever. You have an island full of imps and soulflayers and the big bad HNM is located in an area with no danger whatsoever - why? Seriously, this has baffled me for as long as Khimaira has been in the game.
    They make kitty scared! So it hides......

We already have Time Travel and the Pime Taradox of potentially being our own grandparents... Clone us some loot pools in a more 'player has life outside of aery' setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riios View Post
    If Einherjar was SE's intended solution to kings, I would like to see a possibility of Ridill and Defending Ring dropping in the valhalla/weapon slot. They can keep it the same super low drop rate and even add in Sipar if they want to complete the triangle - don't really care. Would just like to see another way to obtain this stuff that involves playing.
    This.

Moreover: Hat, body, sword, spear, ridill, dring, gaiters, hauteclaire, seveneyes.

At that point, you could make the weapon/armor slot guaranteed. 9:1 random chance. And we do know Squenix loves the random.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

WoW has solved this problem with "Battlegrounds" cross-server PvP system. Ladder rankings and rewards.

This should be the next "big thing" in FFXI IMO so people dont waste their time camping.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Cross server PVP would be a amazing thing that i would hope they would look in to, even though PVP in XI isnt very big.

Problem with that is that people would start to just bring MORE people to the HNM zones to better the odds of getting a message. Couple that with rampant lag, "omg WHO HAS IT" syndrome and pure luck and you have a recipe for disaster - complete with GMs being called everyday because the game chose the same LS 3 days in a row.
    There is no major difference between spamming JA/spell to get claim and random animosity. LS will always bring as many ppl as possible to King camp (even those who use bots). The current system is supposed to favour players who have quick eye hand coordination, unfortunately it doesn't work as it's initially intended because of lag, network problem and bots.

In fact there should be less network traffic when window is open since ppl don't have to spam spell/JA.

And what will ppl say to GM when the game choose the same LS 3 days in a row? The same thing ppl have been saying to GM for years i.e. "this LS must be using bots!"

Old Merits
    BG Level

Odin should be (all slots guaranteed):

Slot #1: Body abjuration
    Slot #2: Ground HNM abjuration
    Slot #3: ToAU abjuration
    Slot #4: Body abjuration
    Slot #5: Valhalla/Hofud/Valkyrie's Fork
    Slot #6: Ridill/Dring
    Slot #7: Gaiters/Hauteclaire/Seveneyes

One can dream.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I never did get why the cerb and khim ZNM nms do not drop the old items, they are much harder then the real thing. Now for ks99 same goes, you know how long it takes to get 99 KS's? and they are if you ask me stronger once again then the real thing. There is no reason why the ZNM and KS99s can no drop the old gear(even if its at a lower rate) both rid and D rings drop rates need to be upped and impose the old drop rates on the KS99s/ZNMs.

My LS does 0 kings. and i am just fine with that. Why is it that 4 years back if i really wanted to my ls could walk into BD and KB might be up. You wont see that anymore lol.
    the KS99 and ZNM systems are both great ideas and i do both, however they where implemented without thinking of just how well it could be used to make people happy.

As it stands i do ZNMs for like 4 items total.(i guess 6 if you want to count PWs list) and KS99 is used to get me maybe 1mil gil and help the bank/get our monks BB items.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Odin should be (all slots guaranteed):

Slot #1: Body abjuration
    Slot #2: Ground HNM abjuration
    Slot #3: ToAU abjuration
    Slot #4: Body abjuration
    Slot #5: Valhalla/Hofud/Valkyrie's Fork
    Slot #6: Ridill/Dring
    Slot #7: Gaiters/Hauteclaire/Seveneyes

One can dream.
    that get a lot of people away from kings haha.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    There is no major difference between spamming JA/spell to get claim and random animosity. LS will always bring as many ppl as possible to King camp (even those who use bots). The current system is supposed to favour players who have quick eye hand coordination, unfortunately it doesn't work as it's initially intended because of lag, network problem and bots.

In fact there should be less network traffic when window is open since ppl don't have to spam spell/JA.

And what will ppl say to GM when the game choose the same LS 3 days in a row? The same thing ppl have been saying to GM for years i.e. "this LS must be using bots!"
    This is not true the system was made so that they where rare monsters that skilled players could go after(sometimes being up for days). its only became "quick eye hand coordination" when lots of linkshells joined in and just sat there for the claims.*
    this changed again when it became"whos got more bots"

just two or three years back you might of walked into DA and seen faf up(this was rare yes but it did happen) now the only time you see this is if KBs window is open(and for some odd reason there is a lack of ls on your server, and even then it prob be claimed....)