+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ffxi on Ps3, Black screen of death;;

hi guys, i been playing FFXI on ps3 for a little bit now, last night when i log off the game, it said "error" and ask me to reformat (on the PS3 menu) , i said no because i had no clue what happen cuz all i did was log off. btw i have the 60g PS3

well i try to log back on ffxi on my ps3 and the screen goes black, and Nothing happens at all... it just stays black........ forcing me to turn off my PS3, i try to erase ffxi Icon off my ps3 (the icon making me to log on POL) and restall again it using the disk, still no luck, it installs but then i get the black screen of death once it hits 100% and finish installing ; ; it doesnt take me to any screen, it just goes black.

plus now my soul calibur 4 game is giving me problems, it runs fine but if i hit the PS button on my ps3 controller when i play SC4 the screen goes very dark and freezes on me.. i even try to update my ps3 to the newest version and it gets to 50%-70% then the screen turns black again.. forcing me to turn off my ps3, now i cant even update it;;

if any one knows any ideas how to help i would love it, thanks guys

i would have refomat my ps3 (cuz it told me to do it when this first happen) but for some reason i can't reformat anymore.. it wont give me the choice.. i dont even know how to reformat, because i have a feeling if i reformat it this may fix my problem, but right now i don't know what to do

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Reset the PS3 settings by doing the following. In stand by mode Press and hold the power button for 5 secs.. (until you hear the second beep) this causes the PS3 to reset

Then if you need to reformat:

Go in the settings and choose the format hard drive icon (I don't remember where it is but you should be able to find it)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

settings > system settings > restore ps3 system ? just do that then?

that will fix the freezing/updating and make me able to reinstall ffxi and play it again?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    settings > system settings > restore ps3 system ? just do that then?

that will fix the freezing/updating and make me able to reinstall ffxi and play it again?
    Possibly, but it will also delete everything on your HDD (e.g., game saves), so keep that in mind.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Possibly, but it will also delete everything on your HDD (e.g., game saves), so keep that in mind.
    i will still be able to save games right? (like restart soul calibur 4 from start)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yes it just erases everything and puts it as it was when you took it out of the box.