Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Depending how long it's been since you last logged in, you may have to rename your character. You have to be at least 30 to save all the details.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't have to. Got my guardian to lv 30 in under 2 hrs just doing class quests w/ this sub xp. God damn.

Then I had a massive FPS drop suddenly hit me and had to bail the game quick. Forgot how this game does that

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Knights of the Fallen Empire - First Caps & Details

Spoiler: show

Leaky EA is leaky.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sounds like you can continue with your character or start fresh at 60 as a new character? Maybe I'm misreading that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

October 27th

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Sounds like you can continue with your character or start fresh at 60 as a new character? Maybe I'm misreading that.
    Hard to tell with the wording ya.

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ya. Subscribers will have the option to begin at lv60 when this releases. Until then, 12x xp on story missions.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Looks like Subs get one free boost to 60 and you have to pay for the rest of your characters to boost to 60

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Knights of the Fallen Empire will feature no new flashpoints or operations--instead, every current flashpoint and operation will be revamped. http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations...-fallen-empire

Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire

I’m George Smith, Senior Designer in charge of Operations and Flashpoints and I am here to talk to you a little bit about what Knights of the Fallen Empire has in store for you.

First, a little bit of a backstory about the current state of group content in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. As you level your character, you have the opportunity to play through quite a few Flashpoints for gear and a break from your story. As you continue to play and progress in the game and pass the level range of those Flashpoints, you no longer play them, as they become obsolete. Similarly, due to the nature of gear progression or an increased level cap, as we release new Operations we continue to make older Operations obsolete. What this means is that we have a situation where we have a lot of group content, that many players don’t get an opportunity to play through. We believe that all players should be able to enjoy all the content in the game, and have exciting experiences available to them every week, and that is what we intend to bring you with Knights of the Fallen Empire!

Flashpoints
    For Flashpoints, we have made quite a few changes to give you more options on what to play, and how to play them. For starters, all of the Flashpoints which are important to the core story have had a Solo Mode added, similar to what we did for the Forged Alliances Flashpoints. Also, those Solo Modes are repeatable, so you can play through them again if you want! These Solo Mode Flashpoints use a new level sync system that lowers your character’s level and power to the level of the Flashpoint, ensuring that you’re experiencing the content at the difficulty level intended - you never have to skip story content because you’re over-leveled for it!

Next, most of our Story Mode Flashpoints have been converted to Tactical, meaning you can play them at any level between 10 and 65! These Flashpoints also bolster your character, so you never have to worry about being under-geared or under-leveled, and can play with friends of varying levels. As an added bonus, each player can also receive loot specific to their Class and their non-bolstered level, so running these Flashpoints is always beneficial.

Hard Mode Flashpoints are getting love as well! All Hard Mode Flashpoints, including the Red Reaper for the first time, will be available starting at Level 50 up to Level 65. There will be a small Bolster to allow different level ranges to play together, but you’ll need to bring a balanced group with a Tank and Healer just as with Hard Mode Flashpoints currently. Just like the new Tactical Flashpoints, each player can get their own individual loot suited for their class from entirely new sets of gear. This will provide the perfect jumping off point for getting you ready to tackle Operations!

Operations
    Operations are a larger change, in that every single Operation in SWTOR will be raised to level 65! Every Operation will drop a new tier of Elder Game gear, as well as new vanity rewards such as Mounts, Vehicles, and Decorations for your Stronghold. Story Mode Operations will be playable from Level 50 to Level 65, and will grant a Bolster to ensure everyone in your group is prepared! Soa will once again be the ancient Rakatan Warlord who threatens to take over the Galaxy, with the challenge to match!

We are also making several Quality of Life improvements to Operations in the Group Finder to make a better, more engaging experience. Each day, a new Story Mode Operation will be available in Group Finder, and will all drop relevant gear for your character.

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as all the unique mounts and titles available currently.

For Hard Mode Operations, one Operation per week will be highlighted to give even greater rewards! Ultimately, the goal is that you will have a reason to visit all of our Operations and will feel rewarded for doing so.

We know that many players love our Operations and look forward to the introduction of new challenges, however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations. We felt it was important to first address some of the issues with our Elder Game before moving on to new content. These changes will allow us to be more flexible with how we release new content, as the content no longer needs to be tied to a new gear tier or level cap increase. Even without new Operations, though, you will have a whole lot of content to play at the level cap. Let’s go over everything you will be able to play in Knights of the Fallen Empire!

Solo Mode Flashpoints
    These Flashpoints are repeatable, and made to be played solo or with a Companion. Your character will be adjusted down to the appropriate level so that you are experiencing the Flashpoint at the level and difficulty that is intended.

Black Talon
    Esseles
    Boarding Party
    Taral V
    The Foundry
    Maelstrom Prison
    Battle of Ilum
    The False Emperor
    Assault on Tython
    Korriban Incursion
    Manaan Research Facility
    Legacy of the Rakata
    Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

Tactical Flashpoints
    These 4-Player Flashpoints are available from level 10-65. Your character will be Bolstered so that friends of any level can play together!

Hammer Station
    Athiss
    Mandalorian Raiders
    Cademimu
    Red Reaper
    Kuat Drive Yards
    Czerka Labs
    Czerka Core Meltdown
    Korriban Incursion
    Assault on Tython
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata
    Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

Hard Mode Flashpoints
    These Level 65 Flashpoints are designed to present more of a challenge to players. They provide a small Bolster, but still require a full 4-Player group, including a Tank and a Healer.

Black Talon
    Esseles
    Boarding Party
    Taral V
    The Foundry
    Maelstrom Prison
    Kaon Under Siege
    Lost Island
    Battle of Ilum
    The False Emperor
    Hammer Station
    Athiss
    Mandalorian Raiders
    Red Reaper
    Cademimu
    Kuat Drive Yards
    Czerka Labs
    Czerka Core Meltdown
    Korriban Incursion
    Assault on Tython
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata
    Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

Operations
    These 8 and 16-Player Operations are all available at level 65 in both Story and Hard modes. A different Story Mode Operation will be available in the Group Finder each day.

Eternity Vault (5 bosses)
    Karagga’s Palace (5 bosses)
    Explosive Conflict (4 bosses)
    Terror From Beyond (5 bosses)
    Scum and Villainy (7 bosses)
    Golden Fury (1 boss)
    Dread Fortress (5 bosses)
    Dread Palace (5 bosses)
    Ravagers (5 bosses)
    Temple of Sacrifice (5 bosses)

As you can see, while leveling your character, and when your character reaches level 65, there is a whole Galaxy out there available to you. So whether you want to take the journey alone, or with 15 of your closest friends, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on Knights of the Fallen Empire!

May the Force™ be with you!

George

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I mean technically there are a lot of FPs/TFPs and raids to have some fun...but a lot of people didn't do em since some of em had weird mechanics or just plain broken. Hopefully with the re-vamp of em, they will become fun once again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So since Shadowlands crashed tonight I've been trolling the forums. Speculative theory/possible spoilers for KOTFE expansion.
    Spoiler: show
    It seems like a prevailing thought among players that the KOTFE expansion will be a WoW "Cataclysm" like event, where, for raid purposes, you can still do the old content, but after a certain point in the story the landscape of the game will be changed dramatically. Something will happen to your character that puts them out of action for X amount of years, (carbonite maybe?) and when you come back all of your companions will have left you, Republic and Empire have been defeated, and you'll have to reassemble your team/faction. Some team members might die, betray you, or you could even get squad members from other classes.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm having fun in it again more or less. Will be subbed so I can get the rewards perks for Nico.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The story in this game is great. I have a group of 4 that are leveling up together as Sith and then we're going to do Jedi. I have all these saved up coin things from when I left my sub running for a year or more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    I'm having fun in it again more or less. Will be subbed so I can get the rewards perks for Nico.
    I did this as well. I'm currently taking up a Light Side Sith Warrior (for the Janessa perk) to help get a feel for v3.0. I bought the Revan expansion before it came out, but I haven't played since before Destiny came out. I also have a 55 DS Sith Warrior and all the other jobs ranging from 15-46. Account name is Sixsouls on Shadowlands server if anyone wants to get down.

Also, the new story is set 5 years ahead from the current timeline and all the players were frozen in carbonite for whatever reason.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Ooo, I may just roll over on your server. I'm on harbinger but all the people I played with more or less left already for Destiny and such.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I subbed for the 12x XP thing. Story missions all day. What the fuck do I spec as a Marauder? I'm just kinda throwing points around.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Reinstalled the other day, is there a server everyone is playing on?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I subbed for the 12x XP thing. Story missions all day. What the fuck do I spec as a Marauder? I'm just kinda throwing points around.
    Fury is pretty fun, but Carnage is I think the top spec for it at the moment. Fury never had much AoE but now can compete in that area a bit.

Edit : Annihilation is the current top spec, sorry !

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think most of BG that still plays is on Shadowlands server. I have like 10 characters though so I never know who is who.

Mercenary/Commando are currently top DPS.
    Power Tech/Vanguards are currently top tanks.
    Sorcerer/Sages are currently, and always have been, the top healers.

That said, every job/spec can have a place and be successful and useful. I only use "top" in the mindset of a FFXI player who is "EVERYTHING MUST BE OPTIMUM OR FUCK YOU WHY PLAY THE GAME IN THR FIRST PLACE".