Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 6: Now with more groins and urinals!

Chicago @ Atlanta - Tough tough matchup for the 1st year starters on the Atlanta offense. Chicago is actually leading their division, but Atlanta took on the Packers at home and came out with a huge win. Going to take Atlanta reluctantly.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay - The Bucs savior, Brian Griese is out . That's too bad, they have to settle for the perennial playoff QB Garcia. Why did they ever bench him? Still Carolina is a very quiet 1-loss team. I'll take Carolina, again reluctantly. Not my most confident pick.

St. Louis @ Washington - Roll redskins. Is St. Louis this year's Miami? 0-16?

Cincinatti @ New York Jets - Upset of the week! If Palmer plays, I think the Bengals get a huge game from Palmer and roll the Jets on the road.

Baltimore @ Indianapolis - "Indi is a few breaks from being 0-4" is a common statement in the sports media these days. Indi is also a few breaks from being 3-1. Baltimore puts some pressure onto Mannings weak O-line, but I've said from the Game 1 loss, the Colts are the Colts. Manning just needs time to settle in. They'll be fine...Indi wins.

Detroit @ Minnesota - Maybe the least exciting game of the week. There's nothing interesting here. Two terrible teams playing a meaningless game. Minnesota, they're at home and I think Kitna is hurt or something.

Oakland @ New Orleans - Oakland is a fucking train wreck. New Orleans is coming off one of the most disappointing losses a team could experience. Nawlins bounces back and wins HUGE.

Miami @ Houston - Miami has won every game I've picked them to lose and lost every game I've picked them to win. HOUSTON WINS BIG!

Jacksonville @ Denver - Please have a good game jones-drew. PLEASE. OK, so Denver is a little overrated. Jacksonville needs this win much more than Denver. Jacksonville wins.

Dallas @ Arizona - This is the easiest pick for me. Kurt Warner is playing the best he's played since his St. Louis hay-days. Dallas' secondary is a dumpster fire. They'll be starting a rookie corner against Warner, on top of Arizona playing absolutely lights-out at home. Arizona rolls the cowboys.

Green Bay @ Seattle - I've said it already and I predicted the downfall in week 3. Aaron Rodgers isn't that damn great. Seattle has 2 starting Wide-outs back. Seattle needs to win, and they'll find a way to do it.

Phili @ San Francisco - It's a TARP! Donovan is apologizing for his play and Westbrook is as stout as a pane of glass. The Eagles have a damn good defense to fall back on. This is going to be a really really close game. I'll take Phili for the defense.

New England @ San Diego - The Patriots are 3-1. Anyone realize that, because noone is talking about it. San Diego is soft, Tomlinson's toe just isn't right. Gates isn't healthy. Chamber's is out, right? I'm having a hard time justifying a San Diego win unless Tomlinson finally breaks out (and stays out) of the shell that he's been mostly in this season. I'm taking the Patriots.

New York Giants @ Cleveland - ...

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Chicago @ Atlanta - Tough tough matchup for the 1st year starters on the Atlanta offense. Chicago is actually leading their division, but Atlanta took on the Packers at home and came out with a huge win. Going to take Atlanta reluctantly.
    No, just no. Orton appears to have a brain, which means the only competition for the bears now is top tier teams.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay - The Bucs savior, Brian Griese is out . That's too bad, they have to settle for the perennial playoff QB Garcia. Why did they ever bench him? Still Carolina is a very quiet 1-loss team. I'll take Carolina, again reluctantly. Not my most confident pick.
    I'll take tampa reluctantly as well. I'm fairly confident that with a week back as the starter Garcia will be pretty amazing, considering the motivation at this point.

St. Louis @ Washington - Roll redskins. Is St. Louis this year's Miami? 0-16?
    I'm guessing they win one of the cards games, the jets, or one of the niners

Cincinatti @ New York Jets - Upset of the week! If Palmer plays, I think the Bengals get a huge game from Palmer and roll the Jets on the road.
    This one will depend a lot on Favre's luck, if he goes crazy Jets will win easy, if he throws a few int Cinci will run away with it.

Baltimore @ Indianapolis - "Indi is a few breaks from being 0-4" is a common statement in the sports media these days. Indi is also a few breaks from being 3-1. Baltimore puts some pressure onto Mannings weak O-line, but I've said from the Game 1 loss, the Colts are the Colts. Manning just needs time to settle in. They'll be fine...Indi wins.
    Baltimore is going to run over the Colts like they don't exist. That team is going to be insanely fired up on defense, and the Colts have no answer whatsoever to Lorenzo Neal's run blocking right now. I predict a 28-10ish "blowout" with around a 40-20 top ratio.

Detroit @ Minnesota - Maybe the least exciting game of the week. There's nothing interesting here. Two terrible teams playing a meaningless game. Minnesota, they're at home and I think Kitna is hurt or something.
    I'm going to go crazy and say Drew Stanton comes in and plays smartly enough to get Detroit their badly needed first win. Kitna's strength has always been playing smart, low-mistake football, and he's just not doing it anymore.

Oakland @ New Orleans - Oakland is a fucking train wreck. New Orleans is coming off one of the most disappointing losses a team could experience. Nawlins bounces back and wins HUGE.
    I'd like to pick Oakland here, but Al Davis is too much of a douche to allow me to.

Miami @ Houston - Miami has won every game I've picked them to lose and lost every game I've picked them to win. HOUSTON WINS BIG!
    lol yeah, as weird as it is to say this, Miami is a considerably better team now.

Jacksonville @ Denver - Please have a good game jones-drew. PLEASE. OK, so Denver is a little overrated. Jacksonville needs this win much more than Denver. Jacksonville wins.
    I agree only because of the need issue, it looks like Denver is not going to have much trouble getting into the playoffs. I honestly think the smart decision has to be not to go 100% against the Jags right now, they need that for the playoffs.

Dallas @ Arizona - This is the easiest pick for me. Kurt Warner is playing the best he's played since his St. Louis hay-days. Dallas' secondary is a dumpster fire. They'll be starting a rookie corner against Warner, on top of Arizona playing absolutely lights-out at home. Arizona rolls the cowboys.
    Ok, I'll go with that. I wouldn't be so confident if Dallas had the 1/10th of a brain it took to hand the damn ball to Barber though.

Green Bay @ Seattle - I've said it already and I predicted the downfall in week 3. Aaron Rodgers isn't that damn great. Seattle has 2 starting Wide-outs back. Seattle needs to win, and they'll find a way to do it.
    Over the 3 games people are bashing him on now, he has a rating of 81.8, 5td and 4 int, hurt badly by a tipped ball and another going through his receiver's hands, 768 yards, yada yada. The defense and lack of a run game has been the issue. If Grant continues to improve, and they can stop Jones, they'll win in a route.

Phili @ San Francisco - It's a TARP! Donovan is apologizing for his play and Westbrook is as stout as a pane of glass. The Eagles have a damn good defense to fall back on. This is going to be a really really close game. I'll take Phili for the defense.
    I agree with the pick, but don't see it being close.

New England @ San Diego - The Patriots are 3-1. Anyone realize that, because noone is talking about it. San Diego is soft, Tomlinson's toe just isn't right. Gates isn't healthy. Chamber's is out, right? I'm having a hard time justifying a San Diego win unless Tomlinson finally breaks out (and stays out) of the shell that he's been mostly in this season. I'm taking the Patriots.
    This one could go either way, will probably come down to rather or not Cassel can get it done in the 4th.

New York Giants @ Cleveland - ...
    I'm calling upset! No, I'm not, Cleveland will be lucky if Dorsey is still healthy by the end of this game.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Chicago @ Atlanta- Green Bay's defense isn't nearly as good as Chicago's defense. By that, I mean GB has a lot of injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Chicago is vulnerable through the air, but Chicago's D is going to be speeding around, and I guarantee will get to Matt Ryan a few times. Bears in a close one.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay - Going with Carolina until they lay an egg.

St. Louis @ Washington - St. Louis keeps it close. WUT?! I think it'll be closer than experts think.

Cincinatti@ New York Jets - Going with the Jets at home. Expect Carson Palmer to rebound, and Ocho Cinco to possibly have a big game as the Jets pass defense is 31st in the league. Cincy's downfall is the fact that their rushing defense is giving up, on average, about 170 yards a game. Thomas Jones SHOULD have a good game. Will he? We'll see. Watch out for Leon Washington to pull a Felix Jones.

Baltimore @ Indianapolis - Indy can't run. Baltimore doesn't allow teams to run on them. With all that said, I trust Manning to throw it a lot, will probably throw for close to 300 yards, and I expect them to eek out a win. I do think Baltimore will probably run for 150+ on the Indy front line, but I expect Dwight Freeney to get to Flacco once or twice. If Baltimore had a more experienced QB, I do think Baltimore could win, but they don't.

Detroit @ Minnesota - lolLions

Oakland @ New Orleans - New Orleans lost a tough game, I expect them to rebound with Brees breaking 300 yards again.

Miami @ Houston - Houston gets their first win. After blowing that win last week, I do think they'll want to rebound.

Jacksonville@ Denver - Denver's defense was impressive last week, albeit against a TB team that isn't very offensive. I think Cutler has a field day with Jacksonville's secondary though.

Dallas @ Arizona - I do think this will be my upset of the week, but it depends on if Adam "Pacman slugging security guards while they piss" Jones plays.

Green Bay @ Seattle - Senaca Wallace making my choice easy.

Phili @ San Francisco - Philly in a close one. I think SF will be able to throw on them. If Westbrook plays, Eagles win by 10. If not, it'll be a FG.

New England@ San Diego - Chargers for the revenge of last year. Shaun Phillips will be after Cassel. You can sack Cassel.

New York Giants @ Cleveland - BROWNS WIN. Wait. No. Just kidding.

Wow. Just read what you said Plow about those games, and I admit, I lol'd. I wasn't sure if you were being serious, but I think you were.

First.. wut? "I'm going to go crazy and say Drew Stanton comes in and plays smartly enough to get Detroit their badly needed first win. Kitna's strength has always been playing smart, low-mistake football, and he's just not doing it anymore."

You think a rookie QB is going to come in, and lead the putrid Lions to victory... on the road against a fired up Minnesota team? I bet the Vikings have almost as much rushing yards as the Lions do TOTAL yards by the end of the game. I can't take a QB that hasn't played against a team on the road that needs to win. The Vikings are soft in the pass defense, but not that soft. Also.. Kitna's strength has been playing smart, low-mistake football? Since when. He throws a ton of INTs and fumbles it away a ton. I do think you're crazy on this. =P

Second: Why would a team start saving for the playoffs right now... in week 6? I mean.. really? The Broncos won't want to go all out? The Jags are a shadow of their former selves. Their pass defense is bad right now, their o-line can't protect shit. I don't like your basis for a win here with Denver "Not wanting to use up a lot of energy". I can understand the need issue though for Jax. A loss here could be devastating.

Thirdly: Grant's not improving. That hammy is giving him more problems than he's letting on. He ran 15 times for 20 yards against the Lions. He hasn't been the same guy as he was in the second half of last year. Their defensive secondary isn't the same right now either. Matt Ryan picked them apart. Roddy White had a career day. I know Roddy White is better than we thought (as he sucked because Vick sucked), but GB's pass D made Matt Ryan look like a veteran. :/

That's just my opinions.

Ridill
    BG Level

owned by 3 minutes on the browns ;p

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So the Oceanic Wildcats win?

Chi - Atl = I really don't know, I like how Atlanta took it to Green Bay last week, but Chicago is actually playing good this year. Also, will be Matt Ryan's hardest defense so far. I gotta go with 'da Bears.
    Car - TB = Carolina
    StL - Was = Washington
    Cin - NYJ = The Jets will roll if they get another good day from Favre. Cinci is just sad this year too. Gotta go with the Bretts.
    Bal - Ind = Indy's wins they shouldn't have got will catch up with them this week I think. Expect a coming out game from Flaco and maybe some big defensive plays from Balt's defense.
    Det - Min = lolions, Minnesota
    Oak - NO = Raiders lost the best thing they had in Kiffin, expect Saints to Bush right through them.
    Mia - Hou = I need Miami to keep winning with the Wildcat to make my Pats look better >.> (I guess I will go with Miami then)
    Jac - Den = Jacksonville, how thee upset me every week (unless I bench Jones-Drew). Cutler been too good, gotta hope he can outscore Jacksonville. Denver.
    Dal - Ari = With the Pacman situation this week, he will either be suspended or out of his head for the game. Either way expect the Cowboys to be distracted. Arizona.
    GB - Sea = Seattle is way to beat up. GB.
    Phi - SF = I think McNabb's statements this week will inspire them this week. Philly
    NE - SD = Umm.... I gotta go with Pats cause they my team but I don't know if they can win this one.
    NYG - Cle = Eli with confidence is ridiculous. Giants.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    owned by 3 minutes on the browns ;p
    Huh?

I'm gonna lol if Cleveland wins, btw.

Chicago @ Atlanta

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

St. Louis @ Washington

Cincinatti @ New York Jets

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Detroit @ Minnesota

Oakland @ New Orleans

Miami @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Denver

Dallas @ Arizona

Green Bay @ Seattle

Philadelphia @ San Francisco

New England @ San Diego

New York Giants @ Cleveland

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Arizona gonna get banged.

deion branch is out indefinitely with a bruised heal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think Jason Garrett figured out last week that giving the ball to Barber/Felix = good. Hopefully Pacman plays because hes way better at man coverage than anyone else we have, even if the Cowboys secondary is mostly zone.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kurt Warner's biggest fan this week!

Go Cards!

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Kurt Warner's biggest fan this week!

Go Cards!
    you will be cheering through tears after your boys get stomped out by a team of 40 year olds. i also heard aqib talib is gonna get high and literally eat steve smith for lunch.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chicago @ Atlanta

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

St. Louis @ Washington

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Detroit @ Minnesota

Oakland @ New Orleans

Miami @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Denver

Dallas @ Arizona

Green Bay @ Seattle

New England @ San Diego

Same as the above poster for me except I'm predicting an upset in Seattle. Revenge for the last two playoff games!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Whooo can't wait for Giants on MNF.

Our pass rush has knocked out 2-3 QB's so far this year, maybe they'll pick up where they left off on DA so we can see a little Brady Quinn action.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    you will be cheering through tears after your boys get stomped out by a team of 40 year olds. i also heard aqib talib is gonna get high and literally eat steve smith for lunch.
    LOL good one, i like that. Nevermind the Panthers have won 5 in a row in Tampa, everyone here knows they "talk" big but their bite is minimal. Mind you, we were PWNING them with Sapp, Booger Mcfarland, Younger Brooks, Brian Kelly and Ronde at corner. Gramatica at kicker, when he was actually decent, A non 50 year old John Lynch, Simeon Rice when he was good, Quarles, Mike Alstott and a younger Warrick Dunn before his stint in Atlanta.

These scabs they have no are no comparison to that team. They had help beating the Bears for Gods sake and got Lucky as hell against Rodgers and the Pack. We will stomp a mud hole in their ass this week as usual.

Back to the Cardinals, Henry is slow and a joke. Breaston will eat him alive if he is on him, they may be forced to put lolpacman on Fitzgerald so he doesn't rip them a new one. Again we know Homo is good for a fumble and at least one pick a game. Man, if Pacman can jam and assault WR's at the line like he does bodyguards and bitches that "Highly volatile, detestable African American" might be someone worth a shit one day.

Go Cards!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Chicago @ Atlanta

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

St. Louis @ Washington

Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Detroit @ Minnesota

Oakland @ New Orleans

Miami @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Denver

Dallas @ Arizona

Green Bay @ Seattle

New England @ San Diego

Agreed.

When I lived in DFW i loved hating on the Cowgirls. The amount to sheer emoness after their losses was awesome. Dallas is ChokeCity, Tx. The sports teams there havent done a thing in a decade.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

At least one thing is constant, TO will cry on TV win or lose. He's now stepped up to the next level by citing God in his press conference after a WIN. lol, God put me here, I play for God, God helps me through all the hate I receive, God gives me strength... Rinse and repeat for 3 straight minutes.

Did I mention he was still mad and they won? TO is the epitome of emo, overpaid and whiny. I would like him if he just stfu every once in a while and realized he cant win the Superbowl playing only for himself. Then again, if he ever became a team player and they won a game that mattered I would not have any more ammo.

Carry on TO, carry on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Your haterade is mighty strong this week miz. must be some salty lemon flavor this week.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Your haterade is mighty strong this week miz. must be some salty lemon flavor this week.
    LOL, I do it for you guys. That my special way of showing love.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    LOL good one, i like that. Nevermind the Panthers have won 5 in a row in Tampa, everyone here knows they "talk" big but their bite is minimal. Mind you, we were PWNING them with Sapp, Booger Mcfarland, Younger Brooks, Brian Kelly and Ronde at corner. Gramatica at kicker, when he was actually decent, A non 50 year old John Lynch, Simeon Rice when he was good, Quarles, Mike Alstott and a younger Warrick Dunn before his stint in Atlanta.

These scabs they have no are no comparison to that team. They had help beating the Bears for Gods sake and got Lucky as hell against Rodgers and the Pack. We will stomp a mud hole in their ass this week as usual.
    beat them as often as you want, they are ahead in the only column that counts... super bowl rings. those same geriatrics that you guys "pwn" somehow keep managing to make fucking playoff runs and winning the division. do us all a favor and put them down for good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast