+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 307 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Yeah my group killed the boss no problem, although one of the tards in my group got lost and wound up dying to the zombies that explode and was eaten alive by Lampreys.

Identify scrolls drop like candy from mobs. Also bookcases are all over the place, you have to topple them. I think I still had ~5 Identify scrolls when the boss died.
    Yeah I know, was just commenting on how quickly it started to feel like I was playing D2 instead of demo testing an Alpha version D3.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been powering through Diablo II again (for the first time completely legit too, no quest skipping, powerleveling, etc), mostly solo but occasionally with help. I use a cracked version (I lost my CD key too many times) so if anyone wants to play with me you need to use a program called Hamachi. Please PM me if you're interested, solo is kinda sad.

Currently a 48 Druid on Nightmare Act III

LazyShell
    BG Level

I did the same thing with some friends a couple months ago (coincidentally, also using hamachi because of a lack of CD keys). It was really fun, but I don't think I'm gonna do it again for awhile.

Anyways, I didn't get to play any more D3 today I spent too much time watching the semifinals/finals for WC3 and SC, which were epic, as well as watching an exibition match between a WC3 and a SC progamer in SC2, which was also very entertaining. Then the closing ceremonies ate up most of the rest of my time (though I did manage a couple SC2 games in, which at the time had a much shorter line than D3). I'm sure there will be plenty of recaps of the full texture of the demo all over media sites soon enough though for those craving more info.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

I watched those SC2 Exhibition matches as well (streamed)...either the zerg player was horrible, or toss is way overpowered. The toss player pumped out stalkers incredibly easily and they just raped everything..Only saw the first 2 matches, didn't get to see the match by the designers because the stream suddenly stopped working. D:

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Barb is pretty awesome but the demo only really let you get your classes to level 4-5 so you didn't see much epic loot drop.

It does seem like they're trying to get attack/run speed under control, however. Even the regular mobs didn't attack that fast.

Then again it was only the first dungeon so anything's possible later on. I know Wizards cast spells incredibly fast now compared to caster classes before.
    nooo, i loved the awesome super run/attack speeds

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waef View Post
    I watched those SC2 Exhibition matches as well (streamed)...either the zerg player was horrible, or toss is way overpowered. The toss player pumped out stalkers incredibly easily and they just raped everything..Only saw the first 2 matches, didn't get to see the match by the designers because the stream suddenly stopped working. D:
    Well, the Protoss player was actually a much better SC2 player for sure (Starcraft skill lends itself to SC2 better than WC3 skill because of the lack of heroes and large army sizes / similar strategies). But still I don't think its worthwhile to dissect balance issues from a game between two people who only had a couple hours of total playtime on the game, if that. The zerg had a lot more options and units than he used that could have helped him tremendously. Undoubtedly, the game probably is a bit unbalanced though, which is why its not even in beta yet, much less nearing a release date.

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Wildhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    So...how sexy is barb, tell me everything in detail!

Also, does it look like we might be seeing more of the awesome +400% running speed crack addict characters that used to run around? Or are they going to try and give it more of a...a natural feel? I guess I'd say; y'know, instead of zealadins attacking like 40 times a second or are they going to keep that?

Need more info released D:
    But that's what makes Diablo so good. If it were made more natural or like a regular MMO it really wouldn't be as fun. Sometimes it feels good to be able to slaughter everything in the most ridiculous ways possible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

God this game looks hawt! Wizard looks pretty pimp from the ign video. The seem to show it as more of a "pick off the adds" role where the barb and wd usually go after big fatty. The tornado and fire nuke where badass, not to mention the overall look of the effects.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

D3 will be tighter than a gnat's ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

That my friend is pretty tight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You been all up in a Gnat's ass man?
    How do you know they don't stretch out?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

How do you know that they do? Let that sink in a second.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I never said I did, sir.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Nothing can compare to the wonderful Starcraft 64.
    Best part was split screen vs match.

I really liked the Wizard's "slow missile" bubble or whatever they actually call it. Between it slowing mobs and projectiles, it'd be pretty hot for crowd control. Not to mention actual skill investment should be obvious in effects with range/potency increases, and possible MP raising/lowering in kind. Though, I imagine bosses would either be immune have partial resistance.

Just wondering if they'll be dumb enough to repeat what Teleport did for D2 in basically allowing people to skip entire zones for the sake of a run. While convenient for the player, sure, it kinda sucked if you weren't a Sorc or in later patches had that runeword body with teleport skill (and an MP pool to match).

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Best part was split screen vs match.
    Lol, gogo knowing exactly where your opponent is and what they're building?

Anyway, about D3, the slow missile move does look awesome. Does it also slow your own missiles (although I doubt it)?

Didn't seem like it, but then again, most of the moves they were showing off we're short-range and quick.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

As big of a fan of Diablo as I am, that right there could make or break it for me. I am not a happy camper.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko View Post
    Eh, we'll see what happens but with all the money they make off wow and shit, they can afford to offer the service for free, people also need to realize it has alot to do with activision as well, pushing alot of the buttons.