+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level

slow missile bubble = that mothership ability from SC2

so besides this and glyphs/skill runes, i wonder what other idea sharing between franchises there are this time around

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The rune system sounds cool, but I hope at least a couple of runes are pretty rare, so that not everyone can have a particularly cool and coveted rune+skill combination. I'm sure it'll need a few patches, but it seems like such a potentially great system.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Yeah that's a pretty awesome idea. Hopefully it turns out as good as it sounds.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It can only expound on one of the strengths of the Diablo skill system, diversity. In D2, two different tree-focused or split-focused characters of the same class could be radically different; hell, even in-tree. Assuming it's only one rune per skill at a time (which is what it sounds like, but as long as it's no more than 2 or 3), then having the same exact skill build with a different rune build could produce radically different characters.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This rune system looks pretty awesome, I can't even imagine how some of the skills are going to interact with the runes, the possibilities are really going to be quite crazy now Hopefully we'll see a large variety of runes and hopefully don't end up in too many cookie-cutter combinations that are the only ones that will end up working in the endgame, wonder what the multi rune and WW would do, or multi and FoH o_O fun

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Confirmed that you won't be able to distribute your own stat points each level. Also you get bags for more inventory space.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    Confirmed that you won't be able to distribute your own stat points each level. Also you get bags for more inventory space.
    '

Bags for inv is fine, but the stat points thing, link or it didnt happen.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

So you mean it's a static increase to each stat at level up? If so..lame..where's the customization if you can't place your own stats?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Waef View Post
    So you mean it's a static increase to each stat at level up? If so..lame..where's the customization if you can't place your own stats?!
    My thoughts exactly.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I think I heard them mention that they really didn't like it when people horded their points and didn't spend them every level because it made the game hard to design to be just the right difficulty at points. In retrospect, yeah I wasn't able to put any points in anywhere when I was playing D3 outside of skills. I hope they find a better way of preventing point hording, because I did like that customization.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

I don't see what's wrong with point hoarding...it just makes you worse off then if you spent them. Even if you HAD to spend them each level, all you'd have to do is determine exactly how many points you wanted into each stat at x level, which people did anyway.

Honestly, stat points were largely useless in D2 outside of STR to actually equip stuff, some DEX if your weapon had that as a secondary requirement, then practically toss the rest into VIT. With all the planning and ideal stat/gear builds you'd see pimping out on forums, "thinking for yourself" was often rare once you actually got out on bnet and just saw other people playing.

Long as skills have levels, customization will remain. Throwing Runes on top of them are another bonus. Like, take the Slow Missile bubble again. What if putting a Mana Steal rune on it let you recovery MP from anything that enters?

Anyhoo, I'm actually curious if D3 will be mod friendly. Not so much for UIs, but in actually creating custom dungeons/quests/skills.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't even put points into anything but VIT past 100 STR on my Druid anymore lol

Yeah, back when I used to work on some mods, it was annoying that the heavy armor was ultimately useless because of the excess stamina drain and the fact defense was literally set to zero while you were running. Light armor uniques or runewords just further solidified the overall uselessness of the stat system.

Still can't say I like what they did to Hell after 1.10, as just playing straight through without mass farming bosses or trying to play the SOJ/Gem market usually left you getting the shit kicked out of you even by normal act 1 mobs.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Yeah, unless you've a well equipped character, it's pretty impossible to do much in hell on your own. First time through is basically...well, hell.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Still can't say I like what they did to Hell after 1.10, as just playing straight through without mass farming bosses or trying to play the SOJ/Gem market usually left you getting the shit kicked out of you even by normal act 1 mobs.
    1.10 ruined pretty much all of my characters too, that was the worst patch ever, my nova sorc, hybrid zons, palamadin, combat sin etc...

hopefully they won't have such a reset button type patch in D3 without giving some sort of relief to us, i think they learned a lot of things that they don't want to see carried through from D2 to D3, and hopefully they'll put a lot of things in D3 that will be workarounds to the various useless items/builds/skills that were found in 2, and so far it seems like they're doing a good job of not recreating D3 with shinier graphics.

Fundamentally, I can understand why Blizz did what they did with 1.10 and Hell, but they really didn't go about it the right way. Cooperation amongst players was, and probably still is, minimal. The old version of Hell really wasn't "hard" in the sense it was still running on mechanics before LoD was released. Realistically, by the time you were at the end of Act 5, you were practically in Act 2 of the next difficulty in terms of mob level. Throw in Baal runs and teleport/maphack abuse and then the rushing habit, and.. well... 4/5 of the game may as well not have existed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't mind if there aren't stats customizations to worry about anymore, really. I much prefer messing with skilltrees than stats, anyway. I'm going to be really emo if there's not something at least close to druid in D3 though, I always play the nature/druid type characters. They may not have a lot of fans but we few are very vocal about our poncy tree-huggers. =(

LOL @ Activision, why is it everything they do lately makes them look like incompetent assholes?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Stats distribution was annoying, Skill tree was cool, but allow people to reset it like they do in WoW or something.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Stats distribution was annoying, Skill tree was cool, but allow people to reset it like they do in WoW or something.
    That was one thing they said they are definitely planning, a way to respec. They hadn't decided how exactly they would implement it, but they said there definitely would be a way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast