BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    That was one thing they said they are definitely planning, a way to respec. They hadn't decided how exactly they would implement it, but they said there definitely would be a way.
    so now everyone will only need 1 paladin! instead of a hammer/zeal/smite/foh-adin (and subsequently only one AP nigma :D)

Black Belt
    BG Level

yeah one thing that bugged me about D2 was having to roll another character to try a different build... I don't think rushing was part of the design doc either.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    so now everyone will only need 1 paladin! instead of a hammer/zeal/smite/foh-adin (and subsequently only one AP nigma :D)
    Depends how hard it is to get a reset. It could be too costly to make it worthwhile, it's nice that you have a way to try out other builds now though without having to grind new characters.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Depends how hard it is to get a reset. It could be too costly to make it worthwhile, it's nice that you have a way to try out other builds now though without having to grind new characters.
    I love how people just assume D3 will have the same broken Paladins with Enigma

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Meh, enigma itself wasn't broken since everyone could use it, but paladin as a whole was extremely broken. (Properly geared) they were the best melee, best caster, best support, an extremely good dueler, etc.

I do hope they keep a system like runewords though, and I liked how enigma gave every class teleport. I know people want it to remain a sorceress only skill (or in this case Wizard), but it's so nice not having to run everywhere ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Screw enigma, that's assuming D3 will have paladins at all (although I do hope they end up in there, it's always been my favorite class)

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

If they do end up in D3 they'll need serious nerfing. Max block, huge life, fast casting high damage hammers, max resists, etc. = overpowered.

And an enigma type item could still be in even without paladins. Maybe they could make some really crappy version of enigma, where it still has teleport but doesn't have the other benefits (skills, str, etc.)

Enigma didn't bother me so much as the total lack of balance amongst classes and the myriad of useless skills, even after the synergy system was added. Hell going stat happy with immunities and high resistances didn't help, but there was also the difficulty-dependent reduction on leech gear which could've easily been enough to make a workable build in nightmare crumble because you could no longer sustain hp/mp against a pack of mobs.

I guess I had personal frustrations with runes in that I could never, ever, ever find the rare ones, but you see people talking about getting Zods, Vexes, and whatever ALL the time. Playing the trade market was abysmal, and outside of limited luck on like diablo2.net's trade forum, most people would never touch a somewhat common unique in trade for what might be considered an improvement for the person with the common unique.

The proliferation of duping and shit like glitched Oculus SOJs didn't help, either.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Occy rings and shit haven't been around for a LONG time. However, I agree about the rune thing. I've never found a high rune at all, ever. Although, without dupes, maybe 1% of people would ever see an enigma, or any good runeword for that matter.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

I never thought about that. A dupeless diablo II with all the various rune words we have would be absolutely nice. Finding high runes is like claiming Fafnir on Odin. Just have to be lucky as fuck. In all of my diablo II gaming (since 98-08 on and off) I've found THREE high runes. Sur Sur Lo, both surs from high council in durance lvl 3 and Lo from act4 hell. I mean if you take the rarity of finding runes and not duping them and then considering what diablo II would be like. Enigma would just be a pwnt out ridill war or something with full HQ. Possible just rare. It's pretty obvious there won't be any dupes in diablo III. Way to enlighten me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

but there was also the difficulty-dependent reduction on leech gear which could've easily been enough to make a workable build in nightmare crumble because you could no longer sustain hp/mp against a pack of mobs.
    This is probably not going to be much of an issue anymore on D3 given how the new potion system works (it might still be for long fights, like say bosses or what not, but probably not for regular mobs)

Honestly, if they do the whole difficulty level thing, I can already see Nightmare and Hell having potions drop less frequently. Instanced loot is okay, I guess, since it'd eliminate the stupidity of fast clicking something not white/blue that drops, but on the other hand, I wonder if it'll be possible for someone to get some really nice shit you wouldn't even know about and not share if it's something you could put to better use.

Anyway, I can't remember if I ever mentioned what mod I worked on specifically, but back in the day I worked on Seven Lances. We had a private realm set up for the mod, and ultimately it was just us attempting to rebalance everything. We completely overhauled the treasure class system so you wouldn't be seeing cracked sashes in Hell, but also allowed you to narrow your focus for farming since bosses weren't insta-loot, either. Acquiring Runes was also a lot kinder, and the scaling up recipes were just a straight out 3 of the prior.

Funnily enough, I was always the voice of adding overpowered stuff because most everyone else on actual implementation was afraid to test limits. Part of me misses it all since we had a nice little community going typically free of the morons of battle.net, but it's also hard for me to look at D2 for any long period of time knowing what it was and what it's become. 7L never got updated to 1.10 or later, either, so I don't think it'd work now even if I wanted it to.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

huge necrobump since people were looking for it, and there's gamescom info and such

A. Body
    BG Level

lol, just goes to show how long since it's been initially announced... and probably still 2+ years to go

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hints been dropping that it could be out by Q3/4 of 2011, but knowing how blizzard operates, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Doesn't matter to me though, I don't mind waiting for this game and any other game I happen to be playing at the time will be shelved when this comes out.

Must be nice to be blizzard.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    lol, just goes to show how long since it's been initially announced... and probably still 2+ years to go
    Not to mention its predecessor released in 1999 (iirc). I can't wait, think anyone wants to compile released information so far? I mean there's like 4 classes or whatever right? WD, Barb, sorc monk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

GDI qualbert got my hopes up we had a release date ; ;

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I grow ZZ Top beards in the time between Diablo 3 infos.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    my nipples grow ZZ Top beards in the time between Diablo 3 infos.

fixed

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlTu2yCdkCI

They really know how to design a game well. Not crafting makes perfect sense and relegating it to the NPCs is a great way to keep that mechanic while making it painless for the player. Also the way you can 'break down' items is fucking sweet. Basically, they are making the game amazing and I cannot wait for it

As long as the multiplayer is amazing I can only see this game being very popular for a long time. Can't wait to play hardcore or hell mode equivalents on D3 :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast