+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

I haven't play 1 or 2, but I'm pretty excited for 3. Probably cuz of Torchlight.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The crafting NPC shops "leveling up" was pretty cool. Feels like news for this comes so slow though. Seems like this game won't be out for a while. =(

And I've still never played Diablo 2, I will eventually! This game really makes me want to.

You should both play D2. Kicks the shit out of Torchlight.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Seeing this still makes me want to go back and play Diablo 2 again. Can never get into it the same way I was nearly 10 years ago, but it's still a lot of nostalgic fun to go back and play through the acts again. Mostly I just try to forget about Diablo 3 since looking up anything about it makes me anticipate it more. Blizzard may be slow as fuck, but they release quality games mostly so see you again in a couple years.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

NOSTALGIA ATTACK

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NOSTALGIA
    Like everyone doesn't reinstall the game to play it every year already.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I know I sure as hell do but I figured the guys talking about going back and reinstalling might not so I thought I'd give em an extra push.

That music makes me flash back so much hehe. Meph runs till 8am, eventually pindle runs, and then 1.10 came out and game turned to shit. I remember having a kickass pvp sorc in 1.09 that used Hydra/Fireball. Everyone laughed at me for maxing out fireball but it fucked people up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I used to do this, after a while I just stopped uninstalling it.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    ^i do at least once a year, usually make a zealadin or a frenzy barb and get to about 80 again before i quit

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the last time i reinstalled D2 I got a hardcore classic javazon to 88 on my second try haha. At that point i was like... yep still got it.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    ^i do at least once a year, usually make a zealadin or a frenzy barb and get to about 80 again before i quit
    I used to do it yearly, take the summer off from ffxi and play diablo 2 XD

hardcore diablo 2 + pindlebot = sad character when I get tal rasha armor and die the next day by accident

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Eh, only really hurts when you did all the work to get one and THEN die without someone around to loot your corpse for you

Quote Originally Posted by Beleron View Post
    hardcore diablo 2 + pindlebot = sad character when I get tal rasha armor and die the next day by accident
    Pindlebot, hacked small charms, guided+piercing arrow glitch was the best. Game lost it's charm once they were gone.

1.09b....the last time D2 was really fun

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    1.09b....the last time D2 was really fun
    THANK GOD SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN

god 1.10 ruined all fucking 8 of my chars at the time, i loved my nova sorc and especially loved a hybrid zon, but gone are the days of 1.09 and forever shall they stay gone, at least zealadin still transferred over to 1.10 but man all i would have wanted was a respec or something, fffuuuu

anyway, hopefully D3 really works on fixing the pot spam (which i know they've said they're working on) and the fact that there's really only like one or two archetypes per class that works well in hell, and even then (especially physical based classes) the archetypes require re-fucking-diculous gear for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    THANK GOD SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN

god 1.10 ruined all fucking 8 of my chars at the time, i loved my nova sorc and especially loved a hybrid zon, but gone are the days of 1.09 and forever shall they stay gone, at least zealadin still transferred over to 1.10 but man all i would have wanted was a respec or something, fffuuuu

anyway, hopefully D3 really works on fixing the pot spam (which i know they've said they're working on) and the fact that there's really only like one or two archetypes per class that works well in hell, and even then (especially physical based classes) the archetypes require re-fucking-diculous gear for the most part
    I remember those days like they were yesterday. i had multiple 99 sorcs, fire....ice...nova....i had ww barbarians and zons that could run through hell at lvl 42 with that helm and buriza it was just........fun

when 1.10 hit it was like someone castrated me. literaly cut my balls and said hey....you're not allowed to have fun with this game anymore.

much sadness ensued...i tried to play but it wasn't the same.

i installed d2 once since then and just couldn't get as excited to play...i'm hoping D3 is all the right and none of the wrong.

Biggest problem I had with late-gen D2 was the jump from Nightmare to Hell was far too drastic, especially if you were an under-geared melee class. Difficulty is one thing, but forcing endless Meph/Pindle/Baal runs just to get a foothold kinda killed some of the fun of Hell mode. Immunities came in second.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/systems/health.xml
    In Diablo III, your health -- your hero's remaining life energy -- is indicated by a blood-red orb near the bottom of the screen. As the spawn of the Burning Hells assault your avatar, liquid drains from the orb: slowly against the flimsy swords of skeletal warriors, and quickly before the razor-sharp fangs and claws of ferocious demons.

As long as there's some liquid left in your health orb, you cling to life. But when the last crimson drop is gone, so too are you.

Diablo III's health system is designed to keep you thinking on your feet and rushing toward the next fight. As a hero struggling against the sinister forces of the Burning Hells, fleeing from battle to recover your strength isn't an option. To avoid dying a gruesome death, you'll need to hunt for ways to keep up your strength.

You can find or purchase healing potions, but they are moderately rare and limited by a cooldown: multiple potions can't be used in rapid succession in the middle of a fight.

You might have a class skill that can help you regain health, but health-restoration skills are specialized, require careful play, and usually incur consequences.

Potions and skills offer excellent boosts to your health, but to survive multiple battles, you'll need to use them alongside a more reliable, renewable means of recovery.

That's where health globes -- floating, crimson spheres that rise from the corpses of your defeated foes -- come in. These globes are the core means of regenerating your health in Diablo III, and all other methods of healing support them. When you pick up a health globe, your health (and the health of any allies in your party) is restored by a fixed percentage depending on the type of globe you've grabbed.

Each time you slay a "regular" enemy, whether a rabid demon or a crazed cultist, there's a good chance (but not 100%) that a weak health globe will appear. Although weak globes emerge more frequently than other types of health globes, they restore the smallest percentage of your health.

When you do battle with stronger foes, like "rare" and "champion" monsters, you're likely to see medium-sized health globes emerge before these monsters are killed, as they reach certain health percentages or are stripped of their defenses. Medium globes restore a sizeable percentage of your health, but you'll need the extra boost to survive when dealing with these formidable enemies.

More powerful health globes, capable of completely restoring your health even at death's door, might exist somewhere in the world of Sanctuary. Of course, that's probably wishful thinking.
    Major boss fights make unique use of health globes. Each boss battle includes a custom-designed means of utilizing these globes to regain health. For example, in one fight, you might have to split your attention between weakening a dangerous boss and slaying its irritating but ultimately less-dangerous minions in order to get enough health globes to stay standing. In another fight, the boss itself might drop health globes when it takes damage, or you might have to hunt for hidden caches of globes in the midst of battle.

Health globes drive Diablo III's tactical combat, making your lightning-fast decisions during battle intellectually engaging and relevant without adding needless complexity. If you're injured and attacking monsters from afar to avoid further damage, but a much-needed health globe drops, what will you do? Will you put your wand away and make a dash for it, even if doing so requires you to brave a gauntlet of Fallen, or will you cautiously hang back and wait for an opening, fighting defensively so that you aren't overwhelmed? If you're fighting a pack of enemies, can you slaughter the weaker ones quickly enough to saturate the battlefield with health globes so that you'll survive more dangerous attacks? Will you take the right risks at the right time?

You need to stay alive, or Sanctuary is doomed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast