+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

360 'Cannot Connect to Host'

Well, I've had this issue before with COD4, but some fiddling fixed the problem for the most part. I can't seem to join any games as it gives me the 'Cannot Connect to Host' error, so I figured I would post a Question since setting up my router and DMZ didn't work. Basically, using a linksys wireless-g router and my 360 is using the Microsoft wireless piece. It's starting to get rather frustrating, I appreciate any ideas/help on the issue.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As of late 4/5 times I start my 360 the games never start. It always puts me at the dashboard. Most of the time it doesn't even acknowledge there is a disk in the tray. What's ironic is the only games I play on it are CoD 4 and FFXI.

I don't have any ideas on what the problem could be or how to fix it. Just wanted to say I too have the same problems and I can empathize on how frustrating it is.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Well, I solved the problem today after some debugging and reading. If you've got a linksys router, set your 360 manually to an IP that the DHCP won't hit. In my case it starts at XXX.XXX.X.100 and goes up 50 to XXX.XXX.X.150. If you've got a PC on the network it will most likely hit the lower end of that range, but if it's in the range it'll give you a few issues with your 360. Also, you'll need to port forward ports 88 (UDP) and 3074 (UDP/TCP) save any changes and restart your router. Restart your 360, run an XBOX Live test and your NAT should be 'Open'. D: Ugh, I had to read more than I care about for wireless networking.