+ Reply to Thread
Page 518 of 539 FirstFirst ... 468 508 516 517 518 519 520 528 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Oh lol ... I didn't know anyone actually liked how heirlooms looked.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64377/zi...oyer-of-worlds

some of the garrosh heirlooms aren't bad either

and umbrella is fun if you're into silly stuff

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh lol ... I didn't know anyone actually liked how heirlooms looked.
    Haha, nah it's not a heirloom in this case http://www.wowhead.com/item=64377/zi...oyer-of-worlds
    Archeology item! But at 85 only. I don't have quick access to instant-badass swords for this throw-away alt, so I was thinking ahead of an easy set. I might go farm hellfire dungeon for the polearm that looks like a sword but mweh

so... if you happen to have a friend with say... corrupted ashbringer... you can let them take a 2 hand weap, mog it to that, then trade it to you and you get to rock the ashbringer
    Yeh I was sniffing around and found someone willing to sell transmogs to his ashbringer.... $30 for level cap, $50 for 60-70-80, something like that, thanks to the bug still being present.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Okay that makes more sense then. I thought you were talking about leveling heirlooms like that godawful Tattered Dreadmist set that everyone runs around in and it makes me want to fucking puke tbqh. lol

I stand corrected. Archaeology stuff is the tits.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

So I have not played WoW in a while and started a fresh character. I was planning on getting the Bloodsail Admiral title at some point.

Should I skip goblin towns while questing and use the quests later to get some Steamwheedle Cartel reputation back or is the amount of reputation you get trivial in the long run?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Started playing again a few weeks ago, pre-ordered the new expansion and used the lvl 90 boost on a fury warrior.

The gear is trash, but better than anything I can get in heroics. Whats the best way to try and gear up with a boosted toon?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Thanks!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The legendary questline, I would at least like the cape for DK (I'm guessing the cape is the reason people are pulling 300k DPS?, that or my ungemmed, unenchanted 522 gear, and a 484 weapon, aren't letting me exceed 100k)

I'm on the bit to gather 3000 valor. I've got some Sigil of Power and Wisdom leftover. Can I discard these? Seems like I somehow advanced past this area since I last unsubbed (which I don't recall doing lol)

I did read the guide on wowhead on it, and it seems a bit complicated. Am I anywhere close? All I know is that i need to win 2 BGs, do some quests, fight a complicated boss based on quest, gather these orange fragments (2 varieties, secrets and titan), defeat all 4 celestals, do throne of thunder at least once (as the fragments drop from ogimmar), defeat gary, buy cape? lol

you don't have to kill garrosh. the rest of it is pretty straight forward. do all of the early raids for sigils, and all of throne + first 2 of siege for secrets/stones

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    The legendary questline, I would at least like the cape for DK (I'm guessing the cape is the reason people are pulling 300k DPS?, that or my ungemmed, unenchanted 522 gear, and a 484 weapon, aren't letting me exceed 100k)
    You really need heroic gear to exceed 300k dps on DK where as some other classes can do it without.

The cape is usually around 5-7% of my total damage depending on rng and number of mobs, while the meta gem that you get along the way is another 4-5%. This is on dual wield frost DK. The numbers seem to match up for other classes as well except for Hunters. It seems like the cape accounts for something like 16-18% of their damage. Same number of procs but just way more damage for some reason.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks. So just to quickly re-ask as it seems to have been missed, I can floor my Sigils of Wisdom/Power as I'm now on the "earn 3000 vp" stage?

I won't get heroic gear this time around. Since PvP gear seems "just as good" (enough) I'll settle for Conquest ilvl550 gear and call it a day I suppose (if slowly). Drops in LFR haven't been kind so far, can't even get a weapon to drop for me lol ... but it's only to solo low level content, i.e. lich king is my next target. Thinking about it, I might spend less effort on gear because when patch 6.0 rolls out the "damage bonus" vs low level content should make matters simplified and less dependant on gear.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yes, you can drop the previous quest's extra items.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanksss!

Yay +2 inventory! (so so so precious at the moment; the toy bag/UI cannot come fast enough)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Anyone care if i resurrect the screenshot thread from the grave?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't see why anyone would, that's what it's there for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What is a good PVP server to reroll on? Want to get back into this.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    What is a good PVP server to reroll on? Want to get back into this.
    Presuming you haven't already, you can use WoW Realm Pop to look at how populated certain servers are, and which factions they lean toward. Then you can Google around about them and see which one you would like to join. In the end, it's going to be subjective, but if you want constant world PvP, I would presume you want to go as balanced as possible. If you don't, and want to join good groups for PvP, then you probably want to go with one of the servers that's populated mostly by your faction of choice. And when you do Google about it, you'll find threads like this.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

^ exactly this.

Pick something balances faction wise, but also top 20 populated. For example I'm on Kel'Thuzad which is a great pvp server, but not for world pvp. There are so many alliance that seeing a horde is a rare sight and usually comes with "holy shit a horde" and that's including with xrealm and merges. However for pvp in general, like rated shit, the server is fantastic due to the population and many skilled players xferring here.

Find something more balanced for world pvp, but check forums and such for rated pvp.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah KJ used to be balanced but once Ruinous left the server the world PvP completely fizzled. I never thought I would say that I miss them raiding Org, but I actually do miss when they used to raid Org.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah KJ used to be balanced but once Ruinous left the server the world PvP completely fizzled. I never thought I would say that I miss them raiding Org, but I actually do miss when they used to raid Org.
    really KJ was almost as bad in favor of alliance as it is in favor of horde now, then everybody switched for racials and yeah, it just straight flipped