+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 539 FirstFirst ... 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

When was it in Ally favor? Because during Cata it was pretty even, at the worst 60/40, at least to my understanding of things. Sometime during Mists is when all the Alliance disappeared.

Ridill
    BG Level

At the start of mists through mid ToT it was far more Alliance than horde.

HiJ, us (dark resolve), stage clear, insomnia, sigil, dno, illest, all switched to horde from ally around that time.

We were one of the last to switch and it was crazy to watch things flip.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh I wasn't really playing a lot at the start of the expansion.

I just remember it being pretty even throughout Cata.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've come to the conclusion that having my gf refer me then rebuy wow will be cheaper and better due to triple exp. Curious though can she refer a sub account on my main account (Right now I have my main (WoW1) and a starter account (WoW2), starter shares all of my mounts) so we can get all the refer a friend bonuses + keep all my mounts?

Edit: Refer a friend is under WoW3 and still have my mounts, so looks good!

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Can any of you guys possibly do me a favor and create an Alliance toon on Kalecgos and sign my guild charter? Need three more.

Toon name is Istannya. Please I will love you forever. Lol.

I'm in Stormwind.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So my gfs drivers keep crashing when playing wow, every other game is fine. Googled around and people said it was specific driver issues so we tried a few different drivers and even reinstalled wow on a different drive. Hell we even just dusted it out to rule out over heating. She has a 570GTX and we've played a ton a long time ago and never had a problem, but now it's getting to a pretty bad point it happens so often. Any ideas?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is it only in WoW? I had a 270 GTXm (laptop) which also "burned" out, as if it got old. I mainly play WoW on it too, I guess it was just old. You might wanna post it in the tech thread though.

Anyone got a quick LFR tanking cheat sheet of SoO and maybe ToT? I just need a quick abridged pointer for each boss. Icy Vein/all guides/youtube videos make me fall asleep, it's not working too well. I just want quick, simple, pointers lol. On the Secrets of the EMpire stage of my legendary and I wanna see if I can accelerate it.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Got my guild created (finally). Thanks for the assistance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Is it only in WoW? I had a 270 GTXm (laptop) which also "burned" out, as if it got old. I mainly play WoW on it too, I guess it was just old. You might wanna post it in the tech thread though.

Yeah it's only wow. Submitted a ticket and got some generic things to try but nothing has really worked yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

The last week or so I've just had constant high MS and regular disconnects, any other of my eurobros experiencing this?

This isn't a connection issue on my side nothing else lags, also it appears to occur when I am in LFR or Flex otherwise stood in cities it is fine.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So i switched from frost mage to arcane and i can't stand how slow it feels, despite seeming to do more damage. I feel like i'm wasting GCD's casting my circle every time i have to move.

Anyone play fire and if so how does it compare play style wise? I know it's very crit dependent but i think i have the ilvl to pull it off.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can't log in. I think they broke something.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just came back after quitting right before MoP launched because the idea of the expansion didn't appeal to me and all of my friends quit. I bought some game time to get my two characters to 90 before WoD launches.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the amount of stuff at 90. When I did alts in previous expansions you could always catch up to gear level within a day or two just by grinding heroics or dailies if you got to the level cap late in the expansion. Not sure what to do here. Doesn't look like I can really do that.

I don't really want to play for 2 months just to catch up and then have the expansion launch. If I wanted that I would have just played MoP earlier on. Is there a way for me to catch up just enough not to be a gimp piece of shit at WoD launch in a realistic amount of time?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What do you consider a "gimp piece of shit?" If being LFR level is acceptable to you, then I imagine the quickest way for you to become decent is to go to the Timeless Isle.

The usual gear that you get in the Timeless Isle will give you the iLVL you need to start joining LFR raids (496), presuming that you want to do this. However, if you don't, there are rare drops—Burdens of Eternity—that can upgrade an unpopped gear token from the Isle to a 535 epic piece. Additionally, you can send unpopped tokens to your alts, and then they can pop them and use the resultant gear.

I unfortunately couldn't find it with a quick search, but someone crunched the numbers and determined that—if you're going for Burdens of Eternity—it's near-pointless to continuously grind the Timeless Isle throughout the day. The chance of their dropping when you first hit the Isle is high, but the likelihood of your receiving one diminishes after you've been there for a while, as the likelihood apparently isn't a static roll per kill, but a steadily degrading one. However, I don't know if this applies to gear tokens. Maybe you'll have more luck Googling than I will.

Regardless, my personal recommendation would be to visit the Timeless Isle, get some baseline gear, do some LFRing, and then save your Burdens of Eternity for whatever pieces you can't get in LFR. Alternatively, just do Timeless Isle.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1902/wo...-timeless-isle

there are 2(i think?) chests that give a guaranteed burden for each toon you pick them up on as well. they are relatively easy to get to, especially if you dont mind zombieing to get them. sure as fuck couldn't tell you where they are though, aside from the one in ordos shrine that you will need someone with a cape and a 2 person mount for

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i may be talking out my ass but i'm pretty sure burden chance from a rare is highest the first time you kill it during a raid week (resets on tuesday)

at least that's how it has almost always seemed for me. but my only source is having done timeless isle for like 15 toons

edit: there's only 1 chest that gives a guaranteed burden, it's the one over by ordos. also you can get to it without cape/2 person mount if you buy 5 kites for 1k timeless isle coins from the kite vendor and fly over the broken bridge thing

editted this post so many times

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i may be talking out my ass but i'm pretty sure burden chance from a rare is highest the first time you kill it during a raid week (resets on tuesday)
    This may be correct. I remembered there being diminishing returns, but not the specifics.

EDIT: Also, while you're on the Timeless Isle, you'll get Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. These can be turned in for Warforged Seals, which is the bonus roll currency in SoO. You can get three per week. http://www.wowhead.com/currency=738

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can buy a glider (sold on east side of the celestial arena 5 for 1,000 coins) and jump over to ordos one and just follow the cliff to the left. Or if you have slow fall you can fly high up on your way in and slow fall towards it when you get kicked off.

The glider gets you onto the area but if you wander into the wrong part it kicks you out to arena.

When you jump off bridge hit glider and turn it to the left you'll see a patch a grass that comes down the cliff. From there just walk up and follow the cliff around to the far west side that is where you will see the box with 100% burden in it.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

No one is going to talk about the albatross taxi? Lol. I guess I'm the only person still using that damn thing.

I have so many Timeless token pieces that my alts are even shoving them through every orifice at this point. Those drop like candy, but Burdens are a bitch. I always get them on my main while I'm out there capping valor, and it pisses me off. I really wish at this point that Blizz would make them BoA. But yes, TI is the best way to gear up a fresh 90.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just skipped burdens on my druid and just farmed up a 550 pvp set. Reforged it puts it at hit and expertise caps so works to get me into flex to pick up 540 trinkets and then onto normal.