+ Reply to Thread
Page 530 of 539 FirstFirst ... 480 520 528 529 530 531 532 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

Anybody know of any healer helping addons that alert me to tank CD's?

I want to know when a tank has used a CD like GOAK

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Try Vuhdo?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm not sure if it matters, but do working followers count towards your mission brackets, for which missions the game offers you? I have 3 followers, at the i645, i630, and i615 level, but I have a lot of upgrade items to use, and I see no reason to not use them if working followers count towards the regular lvl 100 mission brackets. My idea is to leave all of my working followers at i600/i615, three followers at i615/630, and the rest at i645.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

My understanding was that working followers are "taken out" of your follower list as far as the missions are concerned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't for the life of me find which craft makes the lvl 91 int staves that are 630/640 ilvl. Anyone know?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I think it's Inscription.

Anyone Need a 666 Mage for Raid lol, im stuck at 6/7N and Heroic, cant get an Imp group cause i dont have achieve, help a brother out please i can do about 20-25k dps

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gonna see if anything has any ideas on a problem I've been having for a while, I can't seem to figure it out. While playing wow I will randomly get FPS stuttering for like 5-10 minutes which then fixes itself. During that time all my temps/usage/clock speeds are normal. As well as afterburner stating my FPS is a stable 60. I've deleted all my cache/wtf/addon folders but it still happens. I'm not sure if any other game does this as WoW is the only game I stay logged into for 5+ hours at a time.

Edit:

Asus Maximus VI Hero
    8GB RAM
    970 GTX
    650w EVGA Super Nova

I also run dual monitor 1440p + 1080p. Also tried all the little things like setting power options to max performance. Just weird how I sit at 60fps but it doesn't feel like it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I get the same issue. It's a wow-side thing.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I had a similar issue until my graphics driver had an update. I know that's like 101 shit but never hurts to check.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've tried various drivers. Good to know it's not just me though... still annoying though

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

anybody know of any addons that monitor chat and alert you if a certain word is spoken?

I'm camping various mount elites and on the off chance someone yells NAKK in general I want to be alerted

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Did I miss something where Jewelcrafting blue rings/necklaces take a taledite crystal now? Springrain Shoulders were also green today, instead of the normal blue quality.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Figured someone might be more familiar with stat weights than I. I am debating between 2 weapons for Unholy DK, ideally my burning blade would be warforged, but it is not. I currently am debating between a Warforged Black Hand and a Nonwarforged Burning Blade. Multi/Mastery are my 1/2 go to secondary stats were Master/Crit are 2/3, then there is the warforged factor which makes me unsure which to choose.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think the general rule is that, if you get your favored 1/2 weighted stats, they will out-perform a war-forged weapon that has lower weighted secondary stats. If you find something that is a full tier above your current slot, then that's when you would start using it, regardless of the secondary stats. Outside of that situation, you're likely not going to see enough of a difference to matter, outside of one-off class balancing situations, which I'm not familiar enough to know if yours is one of them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Figured someone might be more familiar with stat weights than I. I am debating between 2 weapons for Unholy DK, ideally my burning blade would be warforged, but it is not. I currently am debating between a Warforged Black Hand and a Nonwarforged Burning Blade. Multi/Mastery are my 1/2 go to secondary stats were Master/Crit are 2/3, then there is the warforged factor which makes me unsure which to choose.
    Ironically i just went through the exact same conundrum. I recently got a Heroic Warforged Black Hand with a socket on a bonus roll, while already having a non-warforged Heroic Burning Blade. I simmed myself a bunch of times and Black Hand came out on top but only a small margin. The socket may have pushed it over the top. I would just sim both weapons and see which comes out ahead for you.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Leona Dawnstar
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

A friend got me a copy of the game, just started playing this week, really enjoy playing as sub rogue right now, had a question about the stat priorities though as multiply sites/people say differently, some say mult > mast > ver/crit > haste , another said mast > mult > crit > rest, another said mult >crit >vers > mast > haste etc.

Any help would be welcomed, thanks

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoseijuro View Post
    A friend got me a copy of the game, just started playing this week, really enjoy playing as sub rogue right now, had a question about the stat priorities though as multiply sites/people say differently, some say mult > mast > ver/crit > haste , another said mast > mult > crit > rest, another said mult >crit >vers > mast > haste etc.

Any help would be welcomed, thanks
    Some of those sites might be referring to PVP or from an older patch. I usually trust Icy Veins and MMO Champ class forums for somewhat up to date basic information.

Here is the Icy Veins Sub Guide/Stat Priority Page

And here is the MMO Champ Sub Guide/Stat Priority Page

If arenajunkies is up to date, then for PVP sub stat priority is Mastery>Crit>Haste>Multistrike.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Leona Dawnstar
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Some of those sites might be referring to PVP or from an older patch. I usually trust Icy Veins and MMO Champ class forums for somewhat up to date basic information.

Here is the Icy Veins Sub Guide/Stat Priority Page

And here is the MMO Champ Sub Guide/Stat Priority Page

If arenajunkies is up to date, then for PVP sub stat priority is Mastery>Crit>Haste>Multistrike.
    Ah thanks, yea Icy veins was one of the sites I did check, wasnt sure though if the information from the site was good or not. Its like visiting the official forums in FF14 and thinking everything you read there is good information(not taking shots at anyone)

Thanks btw!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

With extreme reluctance, I'm trapped again in Azeroth. The catch this time is a potential 8 RL friends (some friends of friends) are playing together. While I see nothing will come of this (they talk about raiding as if we're gonna get together a 10 man group and raid properly) I had some moral obligation to join the frey. With that said:

1. It seems farming 60k a month is rather difficult (I didn't want to pay any sub fees), and I've yet to buy WoD. What's the startup cost of a garrison (to optimal levels) and how much gold can I rake in? Assume eventually 3 characters at 100 (PLD, WAR, DRK)
    2. I've got gold to upgrade all my heirlooms to 100, but, as I probably won't touch the none plate classes for now, I'll only upgrade what's needed. Through questing and some dungeon, how long to 100? (will not read anything)
    3. Flying in draenor is a long ass list of activities. Questing is no prob, treasure hunting is also no prob as there's probably a guide somewhere ...

edit: ok I found out about the factions so I scrubbed the question out; but the apexis dailies, need a group??! I'm a DK, does that exempt me from grouping with my awesome solo powers?

edit 2: bonus question: I'm on a RP-PVP server ... some alliance attacked orgimar, I was level 36 messing around, and they were probably 100. I found that I was unable to engage them and nor did they attack me... is this a protection thing?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Taking my time to get to 100, it took me like a week. If you really busted it out, a weekend, probably. Garrison initial cost isn't bad, upgrading to level 2 is 2k (I think) and upgrading to level 3 is 5k.

Apexis dailies don't really need a group except for the Pit, and even that can be done solo if you are smart about it.

In order to PvP if your name is blue, you have to /pvp to attack. They changed that because people on PvE servers are too stupid not to flag themselves apparently. I'm not really supposed to be on BG right now so I hope I answered most things.