Page 7 of 539 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Stubby, iirc

If not stubby then it's something that's in the Auctioneer package, check all those

Stubby isn't what's causing the error though, it's only catching them so you can post info for debugging...oRA2 is causing your error, in this case.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I think I found it, Swatter.

Everytime it pops up it's a different addon. Really gay in a raid or 2v2'ing.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Another question, this one about weapon choices and I'll provide a bit of additional information.

Maliken stats

For the last little while I've been using the following weapons:
    Main - Foe Reaver
    Offhand - Extra Sharp Blade

and tonight I just got this from a quest: Wolf Hewer's Axe

So I was doing a bit of rudimentary testing and it seems that I was getting much better base DPS (looking at average damage per swing) using the Extra Sharp Blade main and Wolf Hewer's Axe offhand. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me since putting the axe in mainhand has all better stats but I seem to end up with lower eyeball dps.

I never really understood the maths involved in weapon damage calculations and my brain is still in FFXI mode where having a slow main hand and faster offhand is often preferable, but again I'm not really sure if that works in WoW.

Any guidance on choosing weapon orientation would be great as well as some background on how WoW calculates dps damages.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

the main reason you use a high damage slow weapon in your main hand is because all of your abilities damage is based off of your main hands weapon damage

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Aaah I see. Well that about seals it then, thanks for the concise answer.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's been a while since I played a warrior, but at least pre-3.0 Whirlwind was now hitting with both weapons so even in a DW setup using a slow MH/slow OH isn't a sin. If you're going for Titan's Grip both your weapons are going to be pretty slow anyway.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So rogue has picked up some, enchanting is 442 now so I can DE crap in like naxx and stuff - guild is casual so we just do 10mans (all of us have been friends for years).

Thinking of leveling an alt but I'm lazy as all fuck and I detest leveling... do I just push through it and level my Hunter+mage dualbox with refer a friend? (3days played to 60 maybe 4 to 70) I want the hunter to 80, but then I'd have 2 dps and I'm sure the rogue would end up just becoming a pvp char, which friends probably wouldn't like me rerolling after getting gears. Other choice is maybe leveling a death knight to tank on, but again, if it's too much fun I might be tempted to stop playing rogue.

I just don't want to throw away the enchanting, but it's probably going to be an alt character in the future...

Has anyone played hunter in ptr or think the changes to hunter and dk will make them any less fun?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

dk's will still be fun, just toned down to something more reasonable, same with hunters. That volley nerf was just absolutely necessary as it was. Don't worry bout enchanting getting wasted, if you have an inscriptor friend, they can give you the items to let you make a 1 use enchant you can mail to your mains or sell on the ah for decent money. Think scrolls but you have to put the enchant on it then it can be used.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Death Knights are getting survival nerfs, but they're warranted.

The class is also getting some nice buffs for Blood and Frost specs. Howling Blast without a cooldown is going to be great fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    It's been a while since I played a warrior, but at least pre-3.0 Whirlwind was now hitting with both weapons so even in a DW setup using a slow MH/slow OH isn't a sin. If you're going for Titan's Grip both your weapons are going to be pretty slow anyway.
    I'm not an expert on dps wars or enhance shammy, but my understanding has always been that dual wielding wars and shammy want a slow offhand, at least since the changes to devastate and whirlwind using both weapons. Shammy because of windfury obviously.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Rule of thumb I've been told to follow for my shammy alt is slower the better for both weapons.

Tonko

Enhancement shamans have 2 options now for weapon choices:

Slow Slow (2.6-2.8 is prime) with double windfury

Slow Fast with Windfury on main, and Flame Tongue on off hand

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Is there a major difference between slow slow and slow fast dps or is it more of an equipment opening option?

Need to level my alt soon and don't wanna gimp it it as I'm doing it.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

"slow" and "fast" don't have anything to do with "DPS". "DPS" is a direct result of the average damage of your weapon divided by the speed. The reason slow weapons are favored is because your instant attacks are based on your weapon's damage range, more often than not. Therefore, it's preferred to have a slow main hand weapon (and offhand if your instant abilities strike with both weapons at once), so you're getting as much bang for your buck out of those instant abilities as possible.

A 1.5 speed dagger and a 3.8 speed 2h axe with the same tooltip DPS will generally average out to about the same overall damage, but that 2h axe will hit instant abilities much harder.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

In the case of Shaman, slow weapon speeds are desirable for the windfury imbue's internal cooldown. Too fast of a weapon will 'waste' a swing and the cooldown will expire in between swing timers, lowering the amount of windfury attacks you get over time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    Enhancement shamans have 2 options now for weapon choices:

Slow Slow (2.6-2.8 is prime) with double windfury

Slow Fast with Windfury on main, and Flame Tongue on off hand
    Slow/slow with windfury/flametongue and elemental fury 5/5 in the elemental tree does more dps than slow/slow with dual windfury. Combine that with the new windfury glyph and the synergy between lava lash and flametongue and you cant really put a case forward for keeping windfury on your offhand once you get close enough to 80 to get 5/5 elemental fury.

Ofc it all varies on your particular stats and spec, but generally, as long as you have a slow weapon in your MH (2.6-2.8 ) you can use any weapon in your offhand. Faster ones get more FT procs, but lower stormstrike and lava lash hits, slower ones give less FT procs, but higher stormstrike and lava lash hits.

E. Body
    BG Level

MH - slowest possible, imbue WF. 2.8 is ideal but the best in slot weapon is Calamity's Grasp which is 2.6. I don't even remember if there ARE any 2.8 weapons..
    OH - either slowest possible or fastest possible (ie 2.8 or 1.4 is ideal, but neither fucking exists outside of a dagger), imbue FT. Yes, this means dagger OHs are viable for enhancement. Yes, this means your rogues will kill you if you attempt to take their daggers.

Using dual WF is highly suboptimal because you're already running 20% haste just from totem and you were losing procs due to the ICD without it. Also, with 40%+ of Enh damage being spell damage (see http://wowwebstats.com/1wpshg4npboae...197&a=x243a372), the spellpower bonus is very good, and Flametongue's damage isn't something to laugh at either.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    MH - slowest possible, imbue WF. 2.8 is ideal but the best in slot weapon is Calamity's Grasp which is 2.6. I don't even remember if there ARE any 2.8 weapons.
    Unfortunately not, lvl 80 epic 1h melee weapons that shamans can use go from 1.4-1.8 and 2.5-2.6.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

@ Galaika & Aers, thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the infos. In return, tits.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...2007111501.jpg

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Currently my realm is Ineligible as a Destination realm for paid char transfer, any idea how long that can last? It seems one server recently was under a month, but I'm worried it could be longer... I'm debating if I should transfer him to the realm where my sister is at to level him from 60-80 or until it's ready again, or just wait it out in general.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 539 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast