icy veins is going to be your best bet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

MMO-C For Warlock and pretty much every class. I do miss EJ though

Method's Sparkuggz has some useful videos on his youtube channel as well. Openers, rotations and all that jazz. I think Evrelia is still around as well, I think he has his own website now as well, something academy. Just google Evrelia.

I use the above for the know-how and use Mr.Robot for reforge/gem optimization (I know this is only relevant for the next month or so)

Icy Veins and Noxxic are both very standard, but very useful for learning the jist of things, don't count on them for optimal information though. They are pretty slow on the up keep, only really gets updated through massive changes. MMO-C has all of the top Warlocks crunching numbers and discussing optimal talents.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Are these Halloween event tooth picks used for anything besides the one achievement? I have like 10 stacks eating up space in my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Are these Halloween event tooth picks used for anything besides the one achievement? I have like 10 stacks eating up space in my bag.
    Pretty sure only achievement. Also anyone heard shit about the Arthas costume not costing fucking more candy then you can get for the entire event? XD

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

One of the Blues posted that there would be a hotfix but that it wouldn't change the visible number of tokens needed to purchase it or something. Which is fucking dumb as balls, but whatever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

It's going to be reduced from 1000 to 500, which is still a lot. I did 3 continents already and only have around 200 treats.

500 is still stupid high for something with charges. Why put a toybox in and then 4 days later introduce a fucking vanity item you can't put in the toy box? come on Blizzard...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I would expect it to be rough to get if it didn't have charges. But 50 charges for that much effort, no thanks.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

what would it be like to start from scratch and level up to cap? any group content active along the way, or would it be a solo grind? how long would it take to hit 90 with no idea on where to go without looking things up?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It should be "fun"

You simply pick a class which takes your fancy, talk to the NPCs with a "!" on their heads and collect quests, then head to the "1" "2" "3" (...etc) on the map, do your objective (kill X, kill 20 X, collect X, put out this fire), run to "?" to hand in the quest for exps, repeat until 90

Along the way, you can queue up for dungeons or pvp
    No group content, they eliminated that. There's 1 or 2 but it's not important. So yeh, solo grind with a dungeon slotted in with people from other servers.

Should you take 1 month assuming 4 hours a day. Take your time to enjoy the world/story though. As shit as it looks, it's actually rather nice.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

You also get exp from gathering nodes now, so pop mining/herbalism onto a character you're leveling and it's bonus exp whenever you come across a node while questing.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Do you guys know how to find out how much time until Wintergrasp or Tol Barad now? They don't show the timers on the BG queue tab anymore.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    what would it be like to start from scratch and level up to cap? any group content active along the way, or would it be a solo grind? how long would it take to hit 90 with no idea on where to go without looking things up?
    Honestly shouldn't be that bad. Both me and the hubby started fresh a few months ago and weren't really heavy grinding and it came easy. The game flows very well and is relatively easy to figure out. Wowhead is a great option if you ever get stuck or want to learn more. The leveling from 1-60 is ridiculously fast now anyway. I love druids so much I re rolled a second one as my new main.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Do you guys know how to find out how much time until Wintergrasp or Tol Barad now? They don't show the timers on the BG queue tab anymore.
    Go to the World Map and manually zoom in on Wintergrasp / TB, it will display the time until next battle on the bottom. Although, this only works if you're on the continent (Northrend, EK) otherwise it won't show.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's obnoxious as fuck.

There's also no way to queue for those battles that I've observed, either.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Sooooo....

Affliction Lock ... is Seed of Corruption the only AoE spell I have now? I see that Rain of Fire is Destro only but I'm a little lost on how to play Aff now.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

dumb question because I have been out of the loop.

Came back, lvling a druid through bgs, I know they got rid of resilience BUT the pvp heirloom still has it on it. If I upgrade the healing shoulders to the lvl 85 version, I lose crit but gain pvp resil. Does that still do anything or is it a waste to upgrade it for now until they do something with the stats? Are they even going to do something with the stats or is that upgrade always going to be worthless?

Ridill
    BG Level

there shouldn't be a tradeoff, are you sure you're looking at the numbers right?

and yes resil still functions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there an efficient way to solo make gold? Not like get rich quick things, but like casual-y accumulate some amount of gold? Also, is there an addon that tells you which mounts to get next? Like, "hey here are some rep mounts or quests mounts you can do" or something to that extent? Or are there just addons that tell you what mounts you don't have and a brief way to get them?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Is there an efficient way to solo make gold? Not like get rich quick things, but like casual-y accumulate some amount of gold?
    Honestly i've made easily 5k in the last few weeks soloing old raids and selling the gems on the AH in addition each boss typically drops 10g. Obviously your mileage may vary per server economy but that's one way.
    I also go back and do old quests/zones I passed by. The stuff dies so quick and the gold is decent.
    Then there are the age old daily quests.

I'm also an enchanter on two characters so the amount of mats I get from all that shit sells for insane amounts on the AH currently. Skinning/herb/mining also yields good results if you follow the market.

That's just how I do it , but I'm sure others have good suggestions as well.