Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm about to hit 90 and all this will help.

My server is a desert now

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Does TI kind of explain itself through the quests you get once you show up there the first time?

Doesn't look like your typical daily area to me but I'll figure it out regardless. Thanks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Guide i used when i first arrived. Not really many quests there, it's mostly run around and get chests while killing "rares" that are up all the time.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/timeless-isle

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's more like, get the dailies and/or quests, run around and open ANY chests you see (track the achievement, it helps, although there are more moss-covered chests than 17).

There are small piles of dirt on the coastline near the Alliance/Horde flight points, open those until you get a quest item and solve the riddle, it's pretty easy to do honestly. If you see any rares, kill them. Most of the mobs on the Isle have a bunch of easily avoidable attacks with long enough cast times to GTFO of the way. Collect Timeless Coins - save them if you can, I always use them on my alts to get trinkets.

Once you're a bit more geared, go up the hill and kill the Yaungol mobs for rep farming. It's a long and tedious grind but I've gotten a lot of Burdens (which make your Timeless gear tokens 535 ilvl instead of 496) from them. Plus if you're interested in mounts, you can get one after you hit exalted.

Kill the Celestial in the middle once a week for gear. It's ilvl 550 PvP gear and it's good enough (especially with reforging, as mentioned) to help you do LFR or Flex if that's your aim.

Feel free to bug me if you have any additional questions. I spent a LOT of time on TI and I still have alts gearing through there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rarecoordinator helps a lot if you're wanting to hunt rares there.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, I went to TI and I'm getting PKed every 30 seconds or so. Not very fun.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

you're probably on an opposite faction dominated realm, which is really going to suck for you with how the game is right now.

are you horde or alliance? US or EU? adding someone on battlenet and having them invite you to their realm will help you

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Well, I went to TI and I'm getting PKed every 30 seconds or so. Not very fun.
    I agree that this is a pain in the ass, but in addition to what D44k mentioned, know that you don't even have to be alive when the mob is killed so long as you've recently tagged it. You can hit something, hide, or even get killed and run back and still loot.

Also, someone else mentioned RareCoordinator. Make sure it's set to report anything you target, too—it's not like reinforcements will hurt your cause, so you want to be sending and receiving.

I suggest adding this, too: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rare-spawn-overlay

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dunno if it's me or the way the servers are set up, I don't recall it ever being a problem years ago. But npc/object draw distance seems a little funny. I'll be flying near the ground and mobs will basically spawn right ontop of me or a foot or 2 infront of me, I almost never see mobs in the distance. Anyway to increase the distance at which mobs show up? 680GTX/4670k/SSD and a 60mbps connection.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The distance of seeing mobs is set at a hard limit depending on the 'massiveness' of the mob. Most mobs can't be seen past 50-ish yards and you can't change that. Some mobs are set to be just visible from anywhere, like the Whale Sharks in Vash'jir and some of the larger rare elites in Northrend.

If you're on a high speed mount and/or there's server latency issues (as there are right now because DDoS skid groups are having a laugh) then mobs will load very slowly, sometimes not until you're right on top of them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just got to the timeless isle and I think the server latency is the worst there. Not so much with mobs but rogues.... I will be < 20% before they even appear on my screen after popping out from stealth =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If you're on a PvP server, timeless isle is going to be the no fun zone for you. If it's not rogues it's hunters.

Ridill
    BG Level

I haven't had much trouble out there, people rarely kill you more than once since bloody coins have a cd on individuals.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not on my server.

Coin debuff means absolutely nothing to people on my server.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm on your server and faction lol.

And I've geared 2 toons out there from 480 greens since upgrades to 588 have been available, and still farm my lesser coins out there.

I very often get killed when I first get out there, and then left alone the rest of the time.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Maybe it's just play times or something. Though I have found that my main is left alone while my alts are generally ganked repeatedly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sitting on a lot of timeless tokens and 1 burden, as a resto druid what would be the best thing to use the burden on?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Get a timeless leather (part)/ring/neck/cape you need most (biggest upgrade slot), use burden on that and hope it's turns out into a piece with nice stats for you

Ridill
    BG Level

most likely a chest or legs assuming all your gear is relatively equal(ly crappy)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I should work on my fight club achievements.

Can I faceroll most fights as 540~ DK? (Blood Spec, can Frost)

I'll look up strats where needed but I hope I can just stomp things down.