Closed Thread
Page 161 of 167 FirstFirst ... 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

and then go eat their hamburgers for lunch... lol.

tbh I'd rather be a mouse eaten by a snake than a cow in the US meat industry. seriously.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

WHO HAS THE CAT CAFE IN KOREA?! MY FRIEND JUST MOVED I WILL SEND THEM TO SEE YOUR CATS!!111!!
    here is batmans all cute mode:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    WHO HAS THE CAT CAFE IN KOREA?! MY FRIEND JUST MOVED I WILL SEND THEM TO SEE YOUR CATS!!111!!
    It was MaachaQ and, unfortunately, this happened a couple months ago:
    We're having to close our Cat Cafe before the end of the month; business since summer has been dreadfully slow and we can't afford to keep open any longer in hopes of an upturn. I now need to find homes for most of the cats because we already have 7 cats at home (our show and breeding cats) and cannot possibly bring in 20 more. We can't just give them away either; they are mostly pedigree cats that we paid upwards of $1k for, and we need to money to pay back some of the debt our business has taken on or we could lose our home too...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I'm picking up poetry, heres my latest haiku.

Daughter had a hamster
    Daughter had a cat as well
    Daughter now has cat

R.I.P. Vader, you were my homie altho you hated me, hated being petted, hated your mini deathstar ball, hated authority in general and were overall a little shit. You will be missed.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

new phone so sorry for the quality. ignore my color commentary lol.

yar. thar be videos of snakes beyond ye spoiler! best be warned.

Spoiler: show

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Aw, adorable little fella; a little bit of a dumb dumb, but he'll learn lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

aw thanks! yeah some snakes will sniff around and find the head... and some don't. she's always been a butt-eater. [insert gay joke here]

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

baby corns are somewhat derpy. she's a looker though.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    In 7th grade, our bio teacher had two snakes, plus a frog named Jaws that we would feed baby pigmy mice to. The girls would always freak out and cry cruelty as the mouse would get cornered by the snakes or just snatched out of our fingers by a tongue that shot out of the water to grab the mouse and snap it into it's mouth.
    When I was like five, I was in this small pet store during snake feeding time. They dropped an albino rabbit into the snake's terrarium and the dumb thing hopped over to the snake and was sniffing its face. Someone else in the store went "There goes the Easter Bunny."

I had no idea what they meant, then the snake reared up and snapped at the rabbit's face.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    When I was like five, I was in this small pet store during snake feeding time. They dropped an albino rabbit into the snake's terrarium and the dumb thing hopped over to the snake and was sniffing its face. Someone else in the store went "There goes the Easter Bunny."

I had no idea what they meant, then the snake reared up and snapped at the rabbit's face.
    this made me literally lol at my desk. I don't think I could feed bunnies... but then again I didn't want to feed mice and now I have freezer full of rodent corpses so w/e

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    baby corns are somewhat derpy. she's a looker though.
    aww thanks! I am admittely partial but I think she's a pretty girl myself.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

My daughters Christian day care thought it'd be a good idea to show a snake eating a mouse. Yeah. They were all terrified.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My first bearded dragon babysat the pinky the only time I tried to feed it a mouse.
    Literally curled up to it to keep it warm, nudged his veggies over to it like "I have lots, you can eat too. " and acted all bummed when within a couple weeks the pinky died on its own.
    After that, I couldn't bring myself to get another pinky/mouse for him to try. <3
    LOL

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

do bearded dragons generally eat mice? I haven't heard as such but I've never owned one. regardless that's cute... and sad poor mouse.

it's weird how I feel bad for the mouse if he dies naturally but don't really care if he's killed, frozen, dethawed, and fed to my snake.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They can, and I know my friends had done it with theirs, and pet stores said it was fine, but had to wait til they were older. Then the rule was like "If the pinky can fit between the spaces in between his eyes, your beardie is big enough to eat it." or something along those lines.
    Other than that, they're usually on various worms or crickets (which I fucking hated because of the stupid chirping non-stop. And none of my beardies would ever eat dead bugs that are freeze dried or whatever they do to them.) or various veggies etc. Mine absolutely loved raspberries, so when they grew in my parents' back yard, he'd wander over to the vines when my Mom would be out picking them and sneak some straight from the vines. LOL
    They're normally patient and super-friendly creatures by nature, and apparently I had over-babied mine and turned it into a suck. Instead of instinct of "Something is in my house, time to be territorial." he was "Oh hey, a friend! Hey little buddy, would you like some of my veggies?"
    That being said, I have a German Shepherd who is beyond a suck, and absolutely terrified of our papillon. >.> <.< haha

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ugh, crickets. I hate those things. even walking past them at the pet store gives me the willies. I don't know how you managed...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My dog gets kind of obsessed with lights/shadows. Caught her staring at herself in the fridge door, had a good laugh.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

that is adorable!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this isn't 100% on topic but I'm not sure where else to post it. if there is a better place, please let me know, or please feel free to move it (mods).

http://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm...8E1ADECD13395B

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) today declared the reticulated python, DeSchauensee’s anaconda, green anaconda and Beni anaconda as “injurious” under the Lacey Act. A fifth snake, the boa constrictor, is removed from consideration for listing as an injurious wildlife species."

Boo. retics are fucking amazing animals, and if well-raised can make wonderful pets with a surprisingly calm and friendly demeanor. I understand that they scare people - and I also understand that some asshats (mostly in Florida, the garbage state) release them into the wild when they can't handle them anymore but this is not the right way to tackle that particular issue. as many people have pointed out in various articles across the web, the vast majority of retics couldn't possibly survive in the wild due to the climate in which their owners live anyway, making it impossible for them to become an invasive species.

sigh. at least my corny corn is still safe... for now

BG Level

yeah it's pretty retarded.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

anyone ever take your cat in to get their teeth cleaned and/or pulled? I'm nervous... my poor buddy is going under the knife he also has to stay overnight because I work 2nd shift and can't pick him up.

I know he'll be fine but I am a little freaked out. the potential $700+ bill doesn't help lol. but if I don't do this and he dies of a blood infection I would be devastated.