Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    As much as most people, I'd like to see the botters get banned (and all the LS members who are part of that), but I don't see how this can work.

I don't know much about packets, nor do I care to know more, but what I THOUGHT was correct was that if the packet is to be recognized it had to already be on the client since its sent by the server. Even if the client simply decodes the packet, the ability to decode has to already be there.

How can the PS2 decode or recognize a packet that does not exist already on the PS2? And if its already on the PS2 (disregarding the obvious issue of space limitations), how will the bot not already know it?

I don't see how this can solve any condition where the data has to be sent and the client has to receive it. No matter what, anything that will enable the clients to see legitimate versus fake mobs can be programmed into the bot. Or so I think.

I still HOPE this would work (although clearly I don't know how) and hope that it would work even with PS2 limitations. If we can clarify this question with some solid technical support, it should be posted and communicated.

This is really an interesting concept although I've heard variants of it for a long time. Maybe its worth a solid more detailed question, no?
    ok, imagine that you have a "key" a number in 128-bit for example. Now put that key into a suitcase, and lock that suitcase with another lock that also has a key. Now pass that suitcase on to a third party, the third party cannot read the contents of the suitcase because it is encrypted with a locking key.
    Now the client that recieves that suitcase puts a second lock on the same suitcase, the suitcase or packet is now encrypted twice. The packed is now sent back to the server through the third party. Now the server takes off its key and sends it back to the client. The client takes off his initial lock and reads the contents of that suitcase, a 128-bit key is found inside.

This key is used to generate "random numbers", much like the numbers you use when logging into your online bank account. These numbers are added to the claim packets as a "validation key". Only the FFXI application knows how to generate validation keys because no third party can see into the "suitcase" where the key is encrypted.

The client can be updated with new keys every 5-10 minutes or everytime you zone, making it impossible for any third party application to replicate a claim packet.

Now ban accounts transmitting false keys.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    This key is used to generate "random numbers", much like the numbers you use when logging into your online bank account. These numbers are added to the claim packets as a "validation key".
    (1) Good breakdown of how an encryption system works, thanks!
    (2) When are they going to do this (one-use password) for account logins, too?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sady View Post
    I do agree, they have made many great changes to help aleviate the problem with kings, but they have in my opinion done very litle to solve it.

I can't say for certain because I haven't camped kings in years (for hopefully obvious reasons), but I think it's a pretty safe assumption that fafhogg is still being claimed by botters on a daily basis across most/all servers. The recent thread thread about the NASA bot is a great example of how, even to this day, people are willing to "do what it takes" to get whatever advantage they can.

Just because SE has made it easier to ignore the problem doesn't mean they fixed it!

What makes stupid things like this funny is you see a group of dumb asses spend all that money for a claim bot while another ls who dosn't even camp Kings gets the same damn items (excluding the outdated ridill) off a mob that you don't even need to fight for claim, (Odin) around the same time frame as those claims. they didn't really fix the methoed but they gave ANOTHER option to get those same items.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    (excluding the outdated ridill)
    Defending Ring is the preferred point of contention at this time

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh and another issue you might want to talk about is storing AF+1 items at the NPC instead of getting a bunch of them that waste inventory until you gather the currency/other AF+1 item.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Can be tested/proven by players, no need to waste a dev question on.
    Then get to work, if it's so easy to prove. And if it's not easy to prove, then it's fine to ask the question, isn't it?

Saying it can be tested/proven doesn't mean the questions aren't worthwhile.

Where is this interview anyways? The end of the first quarter is today isn't it >.>? So are we getting it before the version update maybe ?

Edit: Actually today's the end of the second quarter and tomorrow begins the third, so...donde esta la entrevista .

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Vajra View Post
    Where is this interview anyways? The end of the first quarter is today isn't it >.>? So are we getting it before the version update maybe ?

Edit: Actually today's the end of the second quarter and tomorrow begins the third, so...donde esta la entrevista .
    Read Bercus post on this page for the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Furionstormrage View Post
    Read Bercus post on this page for the answer to your question.
    O I C NAO THX BAI !

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

If SE can't detect 30 people claiming with 10 milliseconds between each character, then they must find a way to detect it. Implementing keys in claim packets. Redoing the protocols is the only way. To eliminate cheating, they must do it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lets say all the botters get banned and never come back.

When 5 to 10 linkshells send 200 people to the Aery or to KB, you're going to get maybe 1 claim per 20 hours of camping.

Banning the botters barely begins to solve the problem. Give us a new system for kings.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Banning the botters doesn't solve kings, but it would improve the community by clearing out some trash. And it'd be good for the lulz.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

woops, wrong thread

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

when is the first interview 09 done and rdy to be send ??
    any info bercus ??

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

After this horrible patch, can we please get at least one good BLM question in? I know it's nagging, but really, take a look at all the interviews in the last few years. No love for BLM questions at all.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In a very recent interview, the dev team stated that they thought it was clever of players using a level 1 mule to farm MMM Voucher 01 for marbles very rapidly. They said that they had intended the mobs to sync to the lowest level player for the purposes of level sync XP parties, but they had no problem with players using this as a way to rapidly farm marbles.

Then in this patch, they drastically cut the rate at which marbles can be farmed in this manner.

I'd love to see a question asking why they said one thing and did the opposite.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    In a very recent interview, the dev team stated that they thought it was clever of players using a level 1 mule to farm MMM Voucher 01 for marbles very rapidly. They said that they had intended the mobs to sync to the lowest level player for the purposes of level sync XP parties, but they had no problem with players using this as a way to rapidly farm marbles.

Then in this patch, they drastically cut the rate at which marbles can be farmed in this manner.

I'd love to see a question asking why they said one thing and did the opposite.
    this ^.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    when is the first interview 09 done and rdy to be send ??
    any info bercus ??
    I had eastern holidays till today.
    Trying to get back at the Interview this week.
    Sending in will be the smallest part.

I try my best now to speed this up, especially after this freaking awesome hot Version Update, those 7 days Crystal Mission fun that was challenging too and this great token that is not linked to some ingame features.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hey Bercus

I think the #1 priority question should be asking for an explanation of the ninja-nerf on durations for sleep/repose/lullaby, elegy, gravity, and bind. Other enfeebles might have been affected too, but these are the ones everyone is focusing on.

I'm sure you've seen it already but here is a link to the thread

A) Why did they do this?
    B) Why is there no explanation in the patch notes?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Just so you guys know. I have over 100 pages of questions, question discussion, bugs, old interviews I am going through right now. Just started and at page 5 atm. So I should be done by Thursday and this is the deadline for any other comming questions and pictures.

2 more days!

I should be able to send in the Interview by this weekend or comming Monday.