FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Good luck. Hopefully they don't dismiss the questions we actually want answers to this time.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Question 1
    One of the huge advantages of 3rd party windowers, is the ability to swap 12+ pieces of gear while executing a command with the single push of a button. Are there any plans to expand the number of slots assigned to each macro from the current 6 to the desired 16-20 to persuade more people to abandon the use of 3rd party windowers?
    This question has been asked before I believe and SE said they have no plans to do it.

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard, if they used the font you use when you rename macro books they could nearly double the amount of lines in a single macro.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think the reason for 6 line macros is that the your macros are loaded into the ram. Which PS2 does not have much of, 32 MB system and 4 mb video. When you switch macro pallets on PS2 there is a a short pause and hard drive indicator will flash a lot.

They already said they aren't willing to give give PC/360 uses an advantage over PS2 users. So wouldn't ever expect more macro lines.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I think the reason for 6 line macros is that the your macros are loaded into the ram. Which PS2 does not have much of, 32 MB system and 4 mb video. When you switch macro pallets on PS2 there is a a short pause and hard drive indicator will flash a lot.

They already said they aren't willing to give give PC/360 uses an advantage over PS2 users. So wouldn't ever expect more macro lines.
    6 lines per macro
    20 macros per set (10 CTRL and 10 ALT)
    10 sets per book
    20 books

RAM holds one book at a time: 6*20*10 = 1200 lines in RAM
    Hard Drive holds all 20 books: 6*20*10*20 = 24000 lines on Hard Drive

Solution
    Increase to 12 lines per macro
    Reduce to 5 sets per book

RAM would stay the same: 12*20*5 = 1200 lines in RAM
    Hard Drive would stay the same: 12*20*5*20 = 24000 lines on Hard Drive

"But wah, I need 10 macro sets for each job!"

Revised Solution
    Increase to 12 lines per macro
    Reduce to 5 sets per book
    Add 20 more books

RAM would stay the same: 12*20*5 = 1200 lines in RAM
    Hard Drive would double: 12*20*5*40 = 48000 lines on Hard Drive

You would have a book called Warrior A with 5 macro sets (20 macros per set) and another book called Warrior B with 5 more macro sets. So you still have 10 sets of warrior macros, each set contains 20 macros (10 CTRL and 10 ALT) and each macro has 12 lines.

New Odin
    BG Level

Soo, how's that interview working out? D: Sent yet?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thought you guys deserve an update.
    Sadly I had too much stress at work, university, moving into new apartment and unexpected things so I had to stop at page 40. Moving almost done, back at work
    and got time to go through more pages now. I am very very sorry for the delay, the fact I am late it actually not too bad as I already have a cute question about the Mog tablets . (also going to ask about the augment system and ANNM, the other topics I forgot as the first 40 pages are at home)

Sorry again for all those crazy curious people,
    Bercus

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

may we see the selected questions before you send them to SE and do you expect SE to awnser them all?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I am not sure on that part yet. Last time people already ripped questions apart, making it less interesting and enjoyable for many people.

Answering... well they are SE so it´s hard to tell.

Kaelia

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    In a very recent interview, the dev team stated that they thought it was clever of players using a level 1 mule to farm MMM Voucher 01 for marbles very rapidly. They said that they had intended the mobs to sync to the lowest level player for the purposes of level sync XP parties, but they had no problem with players using this as a way to rapidly farm marbles.

Then in this patch, they drastically cut the rate at which marbles can be farmed in this manner.

I'd love to see a question asking why they said one thing and did the opposite.
    I would assume because having "no problem" with it = not implementing a higher minimum sync level (such as no level syncing below level 50, just as an example). They didn't want to forbid it, but they wanted to make the rewards you get out more equal to the effort you put in. They didn't exactly "do the opposite" or they would have eliminated the level 1 method completely, they just changed it so that you cant get 40+ marbles or whatever for running around one-shotting mobs for five minutes and getting all the marbles you'll ever need in a single week.

Edit: In before "people shouldn't have to spend months just gathering marbles." I don't think it should take that long either. But not handing things to us on a silver plater doesn't necessarily equal SE going back on their word.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelia View Post
    they just changed it so that you cant get 40+ marbles or whatever for running around one-shotting mobs for five minutes and getting all the marbles you'll ever need in a single week.
    I love hyperbole as much as the next guy, but it costs over 17,000 marbles to buy every rune. Then you need a bit more for the other stuff. You would have to do over 60 runs a day (back in the 40 marble per run days) to finish in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelia View Post
    But not handing things to us on a silver plater doesn't necessarily equal SE going back on their word.
    Dedicated players who did 6 runs every single day without fail would finish in about 70 to 80 days. That isn't exactly a silver platter.

SE said we could eat a cookie, and then they took 65% of the cookie away.

On the other hand, perhaps it is a wasted question because SE will just say what you said - "We wanted the rewards to match the effort."

Kaelia

Well, 17,000 marbles if you care to buy every single thing available to you perhaps, but as far as I know that is completely unnecessary. I had setups for all the drops I needed from a number of NMs and I had nowhere near that amount of marbles. Not even close. Even 5000 marbles I think would have been a vast overestimate. Assuming each member of a 6 person static had 1 mule each, and only 15 marbles per run, that would take 4 weeks (before update). I don't know what the typical static for MMM is like, but I would say that it's reasonably conservative to assume a single mule each. And I don't know every individual person's needs, but I would think that 5000 marbles apiece would be more than enough to cover your typical player that had their eye on 3-4 pieces, even if they never "shared" their tablets with one another. I could be off; it's been awhile.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hi SE

any plans to improve on your shipping method in your next "sellable goodie on POL"?

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    hi SE

any plans to improve on your shipping method in your next "sellable goodie on POL"?
    ;;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

hi SE

this D:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

hi SE

>.> no! do not ask this i like getting mine in a week ~_~;
    they fix your 5 month wait everyone will have to wait 5 months lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9