Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

How many of you have heard about this game and what is your opinion?

I for one cannot wait for the open beta for NA. This is a game I am very anxious to play.

edit: didn't know where to put this can move if need idc

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah there is already a topic for this in gaming.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Yeah there is already a topic for this in gaming.
    >_> it's been over a month since anyone's posted in it.

I also can't wait for Beta; the original release date was supposed to be like... 6 months ago or something

Hoping this is gonna be like Lineage II with wings. :\

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

I've never played Lineage II but everything about this game just looks pure w00t. I've been reading up on it a lot and watching all the youtube videos I can. Screenshots and videos, both all contain pure w00t content. There's rumors going around that there will be a NA preview event in January sometime. I think it's safe to assume it will be released before summer.

BTW, if you're a player that's bored of WoW or FFXI I highly recommend you check out this game. Just youtube it or google Aionsource.

edit: A friend of mine played the Korean beta and said the game was amazing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

what class are you and what type of class is a chanter? i see them meleeing a lot in pvp videos.

edit: also the game has been officially released in korea?

killerc4

I'm an assasin, I plan to play templar in the US version so I decided to do a dps class so im not leveling the same thing twice.

Best way I can describe a chanter is kind of like a melee ffxi bard. You have aura's, buffs, debuffs, heals and decent melee. And yes the korean version has been released for about a month or so now. China is currently in open beta. US will not get a beta, only a preview event. Expected release sometime between feb and june

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

feb and june is really lame. was really hoping for like a feb release. but then again it's all just speculation

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wow. That looks really awesome D:

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Definitely going to give this a shot once it's out, I really don't like how we're getting it late though. I hope it's all one game and not split up like Koreans get more content than NAs. I hate when games are like this due to different companies running the servers, but most likely it sounds like it'll be released simultaneously for all players since it's all NCSoft right?

I don't like how you're flying in only one screenshot though, I thought that was a big part of the game play?

killerc4

only certain areas are flyable, however you can glide anywhere. The abyss which is basically the endgame area 30-45 is unlimited flight. In the other areas however you have a flight timer even when you can fly.

It sounds very restricting but it actually works out pretty nicely. You can jump off a cliff and glide around pretty much anywhere so losing the actual flying around isnt so bad.

edit: made a small little video to show the combat/gliding http://files.filefront.com/aion+2008.../fileinfo.html

also the most surprisingly well done part of this game is the soundtrack. There's tons of amazing music everywhere you go.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

graphics look amazing
    cant wait to try it

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

wow, gliding looks badass and so does the combat and game itself. Damn you for making me even more hyped

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Everything in this game looks ridiculously awesome. All except the insides of buildings. They seem............. wowish

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looks like a cross between WoW and AoC. I've been waiting for this games release for years.

God I can't wait to quit FFXI for this. Hope it's not epic fail somehow... Visually it looks amazing.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This is THE GAME I've been waiting for. I've been a member on the aionsource website or whatever for like... 2 years.

killerc4

If anyone cant wait to play US version and wants to play korean retail until it comes out stateside 3zoom.com sells accounts and timecards. (It's about 50$ for account and timecard). They pretty much require you to have a verified paypal tho and can be a bit of a pain in the ass with security checks (they call you to confirm). But they are legit.

We are on 스파탈로스 server if anyone decides to try it out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

This is the video i show everyone when introducing them to Aion.

YouTube - Aion gameplay - PVP - NEW Dec. 2008 - Chanter vs Gladiator vs Assassin.

Having the ability to fly and shoot people from the air and vice versa is a real plus for me. I hated in WoW how you could attack someone and they're about to die so they just fly away.... come back fully heal'd rinse and repeat. It's so old. This game actually allows you to fight mid air. Jesus christ everything about it has me pumped. I extracted all the music from the gamefiles today. 468 total. The game was JUST released on Nov 25th for Koreans. FFXI has 158 files after 4 expansions just for alittle comparism.