Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    You guys forgot Dorje, jeez.
    The staff that beats all others! Oh.. wait.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    Yea....his loot pool seems very small now, almost seems not worth all the effort.

Hachiryu body and shenlongs, is there any other item that were found in the .dats that could possibly be from PW now? <.<
    But they could easily slap more items on it like they did with Odin. If it can drop the whole hachiryu set with decent drop rate, or other "prized" item, it might be worthwhile.

A question for the groups that attempt PW.

I don't follow much of what's going on with PW, but what happens when you get to the final form, and hold the lamps and just kill PW? I'm guessing it's still going to astral flow at 75%, but does it summon more lamps as well (I don't mean the avatars)? I'm aware the precedence is for PW to pop in the same form if lamps are up, but would it make any difference to the fight if the lamps were up when it astral flowed?

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Come on people... please do not go the route of 'this isn't killable', or 'this isn't meant to be killed', the only reason this has not been killed yet is due to the fact that post 2hr timer, it was ~15-20hr fight, now it is 2hr time limit. The only reason it has not been killed many times thus far is due to its 2hr timer, and this is 1HNM that numbers are exactly what you need due to 2hr time limit. The more people you have the more time you will have for final form, and thus the higher chance you are to defeat it in 2hrs.

It is possible to defeat in 2hrs, but it is very difficult to do so in that amount of time. With enough people you could have an hour on last form, this is saying you make zero mistakes along the way. Final form is difficult due to the lamps being being able to cast T4s and -gas while you have cackle active, which appears to be an incredibly large MDB down, talking -100+ likely, as a blizzagaIII on someone doesn't generally do 2300 dmg. If you have a PLD tanking lamps, and he gets cackled, and the lamps cast 2T4 at the same time, that tank is dead, nothing will save them with the MDB down on period, and yes I am speaking of PLD with -50% taken.

It couldn't be MDB-100 because then you divide by zero. But it is worth pointing out that the rules change for magic damage mitigation when you have MDB down. In this case, pieces of MDB gear might be better or equal to damage taken armor that it is usually inferior to, depending on how severe the debuff is.

For instance, starting without any MDB, the best you can get from an MDB+10 piece is -9% damage. But if Cackle is, say MDB-50, that same piece is going to give you -16.7% damage. That's even slightly better than damage taken -10% at the MDT cap. If Cackle even more than -50 (which I doubt, but still), then it would get considerably better (but if it's more than -50 it might not even be feasible to gear to live through spells with it). In any case, it seems the best answer is just to get the MDB down erased asap, if that's feasible.

There's nothing new in this thread is there?

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    It couldn't be MDB-100 because then you divide by zero. But it is worth pointing out that the rules change for magic damage mitigation when you have MDB down. In this case, pieces of MDB gear might be better or equal to damage taken armor that it is usually inferior to, depending on how severe the debuff is.

For instance, starting without any MDB, the best you can get from an MDB+10 piece is -9% damage. But if Cackle is, say MDB-50, that same piece is going to give you -16.7% damage. That's even slightly better than damage taken -10% at the MDT cap. If Cackle even more than -50 (which I doubt, but still), then it would get considerably better (but if it's more than -50 it might not even be feasible to gear to live through spells with it). In any case, it seems the best answer is just to get the MDB down erased asap, if that's feasible.
    ya, panacea = perfection

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere before, but if the MDB- from Cackle works the same as the T10 Periqia Assault, it might be a feasible idea to add a Summoner to the tank party for Dream Shroud.

Are they equal buffs, or is Dream Shroud a higher priority? By which I mean, does Cackle overwrite Dream Shroud and vice-versa? Or will having Dream Shroud up before Cackle cause it not to take effect at all?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Are they equal buffs, or is Dream Shroud a higher priority? By which I mean, does Cackle overwrite Dream Shroud and vice-versa? Or will having Dream Shroud up before Cackle cause it not to take effect at all?
    Dream Shroud grants immunity to the MDB- effects of Cackle in the King Goldemar Assault, but unless anyone has done any testing I wouldn't like to say whether or not the same rule applies to PW.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When avatars repop and 2hr, is it like Kirin or Tonberry NMs where they summon and instantly 2hr, giving you warning, or is it like say dynamis SMN mobs where the avatar comes out, then 2hrs a bit later?

SCH/DRK stunga sounds like it would work if it's the latter.

Also, if anyone can pull 10 SCHs with 5/5 MV merits out of their ass you can test the MV stacking theory that's been floating around for a year. It's a 1 shot kill idea so PW would go from 100% straight to 0% in 1 shot so you'd forgo all this resummon stuff.

assburgers
    BG Level

God man, it sounds like that part of Aydeewa should be a crater after that...

I wanna see it happen, should look fucking spectacular.

Also: why didn't I realize Levi was the Atnm Test server earlier?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

PW also probably drops some wicked-looking but seemingly worthless GKT, Nanatsusaya.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i'd think the Cackle/Dream Shroud thing is worth testing..
    when I used that for Goldemar, Cackle and Dream Shroud appearing to not stack had nothing to do with potency but rather which one was already on first.. kinda like.. Poison i guess..
    And if you all you need to do is keep up a weak MDB to negate Cackle, its a huge difference when pitted against the nukes that come your way. It could spell the difference between a win and loss for Goldemar so it should make a difference here..
    Multiple astral flows tho.. thats a different story..
    Anyone else notice the whole 'readies Astral Flow' and 'uses Astral Flow' BS in the log similar to Absolute Virtue? Since when does the JA Astral Flow ready?

And for PW's drops.. based on some degree of extrapolation and some degree of guesswork.. this should be what he drops..

Nanatsusaya
    Shenlong Baghnakhs
    Dorje
    Hachiryu Haramaki
    Hachiryu Kote
    Hachiryu Haidate
    Hachiryu Sune-Ate
    Enkidu's Harness
    Oracle's Robe
    Aurum Cuirass

and of course.. Pandemonium Queller

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    care to elaborate on how you evaded it last fight then ?
    VirtuousSaint is neither in apathy, nor has he ever, nor will he ever, fight PW/AV. Fucking amazed this guy hasnt been banned yet with the amount of PURE bullshit and lies he posts in every major attempt thread.

And as for this fight:

Im not asking them to "improvise" a strat on PW for AF, but for fuck sake, what did they think was going to happen? They did -jack shit- to avoid AF, or at least are saying nothing about it.

No information on a crappy attempt that apparently wasnt thought out well, fail thread.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's not even the AF that kills everyone in range period and you cannot live through it, it's the fact that the lamps repopped and -ga'd the remainder of the zone ded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i'd think the Cackle/Dream Shroud thing is worth testing..
    when I used that for Goldemar, Cackle and Dream Shroud appearing to not stack had nothing to do with potency but rather which one was already on first.. kinda like.. Poison i guess..
    And if you all you need to do is keep up a weak MDB to negate Cackle, its a huge difference when pitted against the nukes that come your way. It could spell the difference between a win and loss for Goldemar so it should make a difference here..
    Multiple astral flows tho.. thats a different story..
    Anyone else notice the whole 'readies Astral Flow' and 'uses Astral Flow' BS in the log similar to Absolute Virtue? Since when does the JA Astral Flow ready?

And for PW's drops.. based on some degree of extrapolation and some degree of guesswork.. this should be what he drops..

Nanatsusaya
    Shenlong Baghnakhs
    Dorje
    Hachiryu Haramaki
    Hachiryu Kote
    Hachiryu Haidate
    Hachiryu Sune-Ate
    Enkidu's Harness
    Oracle's Robe
    Aurum Cuirass

and of course.. Pandemonium Queller
    meh, even if they did something like that for the drops, still seems more of a "Hey, at least we killed PW finally" kinda thing. This whole thing just sounds like a numbers game, where numbers is the amount of members participating. Maybe two LS helping each other out for the final form could be of some use to get that extra people post-Astral Flow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

From what I saw at the fight they pretty much did everything right, throwing relic DDs and overall pimped melee at lamps (along with BLMs) to get them down ASAP one at a time, and then killing PW fairly fast in each form. If they speed it up a little bit more they probably get to the final form with a bit over half an hour left. If the Dream Shroud thing works lamps may go smoother, so having killed adds and triggering Astral on PW with 20 minutes left seems reasonable-ish. Everyone dies, and then a carbon copy of the 2 alliances who did all the previous work march in and repeat the whole last part with lamp-killing etc., and when those are down they might even include more zerg elements like SEBW krakens on PW to not run out of time. Then, of course, pray that it doesn't Astral at every 25% or something, it doesn't have ridiculous other tricks at low HP percentages, and no Benediction cancer. You're looking at like 80 of a server's top players, which is just retarded.

Best part of it all is SE will never fix it

I wasnt thinking 80, but I was planning on taking about 45 people. 1 blm alliance for lamps. 1 PW alliance. 1 secondary alliance (secondary alliance takes care of lamps in the event of blm wipe and replaces main PW alliance after AF).

Once PW lamps are done and damage is being done to PW, blm alliance and 2nd alliance log/zone, while 1st alliance takes it down to 75% (any non essential personel log). AF hits, have a brd/whm diaga/RRga to keep it up for a short time while the blm alliance and 2nd alliance get into place. Kill second set of lamps, and get to work on PW again.

Obviously once this works, you can work down to about 2 alliances (just having a holding party and such), but I want to be extra careful on our first attempt.

Im probably going to kill a puppy if the lamps repop every 25% however.