Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    Cool SAM weapon and all but what I want to know is A) How did they handle the lamps? and B) How did they handle the Astral Flow mess without logging out?
    good story and all, bro, but A) have you ever fought PW and B) have you ever read a PW thread.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Though of course, the actual cap on the weapon itself would be 99.75% rather than 95%
    I don't think Zanshin can proc on DA, so it would be lower than that right?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I don't think Zanshin can proc on DA, so it would be lower than that right?
    Wasn't taking DA into account, but Zanshin and DA isn't exactly the best of buddies, since if one proc, the other won't.

When you master PW to a point where he becomes another "kirin", could you post maybe a stream of PW from beginning to end killing him.
    That would be pretty neat. Also, Noone made any mention of Dorje. Whats the weapon like?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    When you master PW to a point where he becomes another "kirin", could you post maybe a stream of PW from beginning to end killing him.
    That would be pretty neat. Also, Noone made any mention of Dorje. Whats the weapon like?
    Just what it looks like, unfortunately. Under normal circumstances, it won't outdamage HQ staves on a BLM, but to my understanding it may under certain day/weather conditions, and for SCH it will be the most damage.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Narse View Post
    Just what it looks like, unfortunately. Under normal circumstances, it won't outdamage HQ staves on a BLM, but to my understanding it may under certain day/weather conditions, and for SCH it will be the most damage.
    If your char has more than +67 MAB (includes traits, gear, BLM merits), HQ staves will outdamage Dorje. Under, Dorje will do more. Unless there are hidden damage mods on Dorje of course.

Also, HQ staves are somewhere between 20 and 30 MACC, the number escapes me at the moment, so you lose that too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, unless I'm mistaken, only a maxed out BLM with pendant latent is going to benefit more from HQ staves?

edit: Forgot Sorc's Ring. :/

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    If your char has more than +67 MAB (includes traits, gear, BLM merits), HQ staves will outdamage Dorje. Under, Dorje will do more. Unless there are hidden damage mods on Dorje of course.

Also, HQ staves are somewhere between 20 and 30 MACC, the number escapes me at the moment, so you lose that too.
    Sounds about right, since Staff Bonus is calculated before MAB vs mob MDB. In a situation where a player has a total of 67 MAB before equipping Dorje, HQ staves win by about 0.03% in damage. Anything less than that, Dorje wins, but at the cost of giving up the Magic Acc associated with the staff.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe for SCH with the same day/element/weather/obi, it appears to be the same, where Dorje will out damage HQ staves up until the point where the player has 67 MAB. At that point HQ staves will do more damage

So just looking at potential damage and disregarding M.ACC and looking at total MAB before equipping Dorje:

0 - 66 MAB -> Dorje
    67+ MAB -> HQ Staves

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    So, unless I'm mistaken, only a maxed out BLM with pendant latent is going to benefit more from HQ staves?
    Opposed to using Dorje, is what I think he is saying.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    Only need 67 MAB, so for a BLM:

Basic gear most 75 BLMs can get.

Traits: +32
    Moldy Earring: +5
    Vicious Mufflers / NQ Zenith: +5
    NQ Weskit: +6
    Merits: +10 (Assuming you're nuking Ice/Thunder 90% of your nukes)

That's +58 with just ultra basic gear. Only 9 off to make HQ staves more useful. If you add Uggy it's 1 MAB off.

If you add in the Sorc Ring Proc +10 MAB then HQ staves will win even with basic gear. You can also add HQ zenith mitts and a Novio Earring to make Dorje Obsolete.

While not everyone has access to HQ gear or a Novio Earring, even less have access to a Dorje, so if you're actually able to get a Dorje, you should be able to get more than enough gear to make it obsolete.

(Unless hidden effects are present)

^^^ i read kaeko's stuff and can't help but grin in amazement.... you know more about black magic than i know about 1st grade math. And yea its gonna be crazy if there is a latent effect that could possibly make HQ staves obsolete. But what can it be? +25 MAB with a latent of more MAB? that would be odd so idk. still once again grats on the kill and that swordish looking great katana.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Tested Dorje and there is no hidden potency, also tested for hidden macc, and it appears to have nothing hidden about it. Tried for hidden perpetuation also, which there is none.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Apparently it being a waste of a drop is the hidden effect? Who knew.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

Best possible MB damage build appears to make Dorje>HQ staves (straight damage wise), but that is about it. Ya it is better for SCH tho, slightly.
    FFXIGEAR.com

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Best possible MB damage build appears to make Dorje>HQ staves (straight damage wise), but that is about it. Ya it is better for SCH tho, slightly.
    FFXIGEAR.com
    If only it had +25MAB to pets =/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    If only it had +25MAB to pets =/
    Tested that too for the hell of it.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    FFXIGEAR.com
    Nope; you're forgetting +10 MAB from merits. Assuming for "best" MB you're using thunder or ice.

Even if it is 100% Zanshin, I'd still take Futsuno, Amano or Koga over this thing.

Amano allows for unlimited level 2 skill chains (as long as you have TP) and a 2nd light chain. Futsuno facilitates a 4-hit build (with COR in the PT) and Koga allows for just retarded WS spamming. Not that this is a bad GKT in the least (it's certainly the coolest looking) but it's outclassed by the aforementioned weapons. Keep in mind 100% Zanshin does not = 100% accuracy, just means you get to swing again if you should miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Keep in mind 100% Zanshin does not = 100% accuracy, just means you get to swing again if you should miss.
    sigh

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Even if it is 100% Zanshin, I'd still take Futsuno, Amano or Koga over this thing.

Amano allows for unlimited level 2 skill chains (as long as you have TP) and a 2nd light chain. Futsuno facilitates a 4-hit build (with COR in the PT) and Koga allows for just retarded WS spamming. Not that this is a bad GKT in the least (it's certainly the coolest looking) but it's outclassed by the aforementioned weapons. Keep in mind 100% Zanshin does not = 100% accuracy, just means you get to swing again if you should miss.
    100%-(5%)^2 is 99.75%. You'll have 99.75% effective accuracy for non-DA melee hits.

So, it's not quite 100% effective accuracy...but really, come on.