BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pandemonium Warden attempt on Remora - (Jan. 2nd) PW killed on Page 17

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...g?t=1243888464

Pandemonium Warden topic.

Some helpful stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex View Post
    1- Tank PT for last form shouldn't be very different from what it is for previous forms. Couple of PLDs mages/bards/corsairs. Any logical tank PT will work (PLD PLD RDM WHM BRD). Can replace a bard with a corsair or second paladin with a corsair if you are fast enough to replace the PLD should he/she die. Other 2 pts should be focused on damaging PW

2- You can tank PW with skilled mages and good paladins, IMO. PLDs and mages should all have proper medicines to erase ailments as quickly as possible (echos, holy waters, RR, remedies). Aegis PLDs shine on PW since it has built in instant-cast (no time to swap equip to an mdb setting). You can still get unlucky with curse>GAIII so having backup tanks on standby is essential. PW cannot be tanked while the lamps are alive however since they will assist PW and no tank can deal with all the lamps and PW. Therefore, your goal should be to eliminate the lamps and then drop PWs health as fast as possible.

3 - Rangers and summoners are ideal DDs since they can avoid all of PWs TP and GA moves/spells. However, the rangers need to be smart about their hate and attack from places where they won't MPK your ally if they do pull hate. Other DDs can work as well as long as they time their attacks/WSs correctly. IE, weapon skill after it uses a big spell. People are going to die, it's unavoidable, but everyone should have RR so you don't waste your mage's MP.

4 - As far as I know, you cannot kite PWs lamps because they have a very awkward shared hate system with PW that I still don't completely understand (VS might be able to explain it). The only thing you can do is move the people w/o any hate far far away and let the people with hate force it to AF, die, RR and get back to work. You could log some people off but then someone could get angry and make some journal posts and call GMs on other servers .

The design of the final form of PW is pretty terrible, IMO, but we have to deal with it for now [so are the drops, mostly ]. The fight is a race more or less, you need to rip through the first forms as fast as you possibly can so that you have lots of time in the final form. Ideally, you'll want an hour left to kill the last form from what I have seen thus far. Hope this helped you ~

I have not seen any possible way to avoid AF yet. There does not seem to be a way to prevent it from using it and I cannot conceive of any way to survive simultaneous astral flows from every avatar in the game. This is not to say that we've learned everything possible about this mob, I'm sure there's some kind of absurd trick or condition that you can fulfill to avoid his AF. However, we all know how forthcoming SE is with that sort of thing ( hi AV).

Is this how SE intended us to kill PW? I sincerely doubt it, but it can work for the time being. Are there better ways to approach final form? Probably.

And yes the final form was designed horribly, while the rest of it is very fun, IMO.
    Anyone with hate is going to be killed after AF because even if you could kite them away, everyone else will still be on the hate list after he kills the target of his AF. Then you have the problem of having to tank PW and his lamps simultaneously, which is not really possible as far as I can see due to their shared hate. You could be onto something here though, you could try this out just to see if it's viable. We have never tried it to my knowledge though, so I'm afraid I can't really help you out here.

The answer to this is very manpower dependant. If you have lots of people at your disposal, you should use 1 tank party and 2 dd parties. If not, you'll have to go 1 and 1. Honestly though, unless you are exceptionally efficient / have tons of people, those parties will be off weakness by the time you kill all the lamps again. I'd say your best bet is to use as many DDs as you can in the ally once his lamps have been disposed of so that you can force it to AF again. If you have the manpower, you can dedicate a set ally to his lamps only and just cfh them so that your pw ally members can help kill them when they're off weakness. However, most LSs (my own included) don't have those kind of numbers.

And I don't believe I can modify the OP of this thread, sorry Starr.
    Ohoho, but I can.

Added a little info to the title to differentiate from past PW threads.

EpicEDIT: It's totally not the 3rd in NA land today. =P

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It Astral Flowed and all lamps repopped and picked a random Astral Flow. I believe it did this at 75%. Pretty much everyone died.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Jesus it's gone already, time up.

Let the drama queening begin!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

5 minutes? that was quick.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    It Astral Flowed and all lamps repopped and picked a random Astral Flow. I believe it did this at 75%. Pretty much everyone died.
    You forgot to perform the most basic of all evasive manuevering didn't you? D:

Or were you on xbox, dunno what the barrel roll button is for xbox...

This apathy?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah it was Apathy, from asking around they did the 11 forms in around an hour and a half (I arrived there at Khim form), they wiped to the Dvergr+Lamps initially and took down lamps one by one, went on to do fast damage to Dvergr and then Astral Flowga. :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

No stream?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The lamps repopped when it did Astral Flow? Interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I chuckled at how this topic went. "they're doing really good...owait, nvm they're dead".

They didn't have a plan for astral flow? That was a big topic of discussion in one of the last big PW topics. Might be interesting if it did indeed AF at 75%, would be alot easier to plan for if it goes off at certain percents.

Wow, if only they knew of AF! They could have prepared a bit and planned ahead....

Or did they even try something?

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Ya we know of astral flow, but when you have 5min left it tends to not matter what you do, but yes we know exactly what to do, and we evaded it last fight which we had more time on last form.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I chuckled at how this topic went. "they're doing really good...owait, nvm they're dead".

They didn't have a plan for astral flow? That was a big topic of discussion in one of the last big PW topics. Might be interesting if it did indeed AF at 75%, would be alot easier to plan for if it goes off at certain percents.
    Yeah well I was typing the OP and posted it and when I alttabbed back to FFXI my log looked like this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/...ntlet/pwaf.png

I didn't get the exact % but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 75%. They handled the previous forms pretty well, killed Hydra in like 10 minutes or something :3

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Any idea on the exact HP of the lamps + its final form?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Wow, I didn't realize Pandemonium Warden summoned Diabolos. Just two elements short of all eight there, go go random theories

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I hope someone from Apathy can post too so I don't look like a fool but eyeballing I'd say the final form lamps went down as fast as the Puks (Khim) and Dahaks (Hydra) but the PW's final form seemed to have a bit more HP than the other two PW forms I saw.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize Pandemonium Warden summoned Diabolos. Just two elements short of all eight there, go go random theories
    No it summons all 9, 2 were out of that person's log view.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Yeah well I was typing the OP and posted it and when I alttabbed back to FFXI my log looked like this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/...ntlet/pwaf.png

I didn't get the exact % but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 75%. They handled the previous forms pretty well, killed Hydra in like 10 minutes or something :3

Surprise buttsex if I ever saw it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast